Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 20777 times)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:36 am »
One thing that has always bothered me has been that in the body armor tab, the Vaegir and Khergit armors are wrongly titled. What you have now as the "khergit armor" is really the Vaegir armor. Btw I love the Druzina elite armor! I hope you guys add some Greek, Teutonic, or Russian armor, however,  and maybe a deployable Pavise shield from the other mods like Scaedumar, Drutinaz, or Floris expanded mod pack.  :D  :D  :D 

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30:49 am »
-Heirlooming the 'Poleax' gives it the modifiers of a 2h blunt, not that of the rest of the polearms.

-Heirlooming the 'Poleax' 2x to 'Powerful Poleax' causes it to not be usable. You can't select it in a game, and you can't see it if you select it as default equipment on the website.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:46:04 am by Beans »

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:26 am »
Having 3 options when heirlooming an item - Increasing SPEED by +3, OR Increasing DAMAGE by +3, OR Increasing Protection by +3, and place a 2 heirloom cap on any one item to avoid OP.

Overall v210 is well balanced, and a significant improvement over one month ago.

Thank you.
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 07:25:37 am »

The stat nerf I can take but the price bump for lower level horses was a few thousand too much, not fun for light cavalry players.

Desert Horse :
Price 13440 now 18440
Horse speed 42 now 40
Horse maneuver 50 now 48

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2011, 08:06:41 am »
-Make bows useless against heavy armor.
-Xbows nefed too much.I think before patch damage was fine.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:02:50 am by DarkFox »

Offline Murrogh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:23 am »
-Make the cost of arrows higher to force players to use Plain or Barbed Arrows. It is fine having the piercing arrows available but 150 upkeep seems too low for an added 8 pierce damage.

The level 31 retirement seems only slightly too high to me since the heirloom theft. 2-3 million instead of 4 seems fair to me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:00:08 am by Murrogh »

Offline Dudlak

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2011, 09:15:32 am »
I was playing as a light cavalry player in .200-.201 and having a ton of fun. Now however i can't afford upkeep on a destrier, even with sub-par armor (mail under shirt), i can take the stat decrease, i just have to be smarter about approaching enemies, since so many of them have backup pikes and arrows are deadlier; but the price increase was too much for light cav, i broke even with the old price, now i'm consistently losing 1.5k a round even when doing well.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:16:55 am by Dudlak »

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:04 am »
horse nerf is a tad annoying, not so much the nerf itself, as the fact that so many weapons can't be used on horseback. Give me back my bec du corbin on horseback, its like playing polo with peoples heads.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:20 am »
Besides the problem with Poleaxes being switched to 2h modifiers....

Why was the speed nerfed on the poleaxes? They already have less reach, comparable damage, and less speed, and higher requirements than the comparable greatswords.

Why nerf them more? Is this a bug because of the switch over to the 2hand modifiers of heavy and powerful? Or was this an actual nerf by someone who does not know much about weapon balance (and screwed up the weapons in the process).
DSM_King_IV

Offline Lookbehind

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:10 am »
- Construction sites destroy the balance in siege mode, I would suggest removing them. With only 6,5 minutes now, it takes too much time to destroy all the construction sites blocking key points for attackers.

- Some polearms / 2h swords have an insane attack speed, considering the damage they do. Some 120+ length weapons (animations) seem to swing faster than my 70 length military pick, which is ridiculous and results in too much spamming.

- Capturing the flag in siege mode should only be possible within the time limit. At the moment, if there are still attackers near the flag at 0:00, the round does not end. In some castles this makes it too hard to defend.

- Autobalance in siege switches too many people each and every round. First round switch is ok, but after this, it should be more balanced and not again switch 25% of the people to the other team and it continues to do this every round. This does not improve teamplay and might keep the multiplier (too) low for a lot of people that get switched every time.

- Archery buff is fine. There were hardly any archers left in siege mode, while we need them the most in these servers. I never saw a reason to seriously nerf them, use a shield if you get hit. I hardly ever got hit with my 1h/shield character and by choosing a 2h character, you know that the tradeoff is less defence.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:15 am »
Agree on problematic construction site and too frequent teamswitching in siege.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2011, 11:40:49 am »
-nerf archery a little (less than in .200) so that they 're still useful but not to the point that a infantry has to constantly ,hide behind wall  like it was prepatch.

-Make throwing weapon faster and add gravity so that they keep their short range. Actually you can be Neo and dodge axe and even javelin coming at you.
Sometimes i shoot a javelin think i missed and than 2 second later the guy gets hit it's ridiculous.
If something as to be done with pure strength thrower do it but do not make thrower a side kick class like in prepatch with everybody going crossbow.

-Nerf ninja build by increasing requirement on fast weapon to at least 12(katana...), some agi build seem to outspam everything  and are way too powerful.
like this one:

Strength   9         or         9
Agility   31      or        33

Two Handed   216     or       229

Ironflesh   3     or          0
Power Strike   3   or          3
Athletics   9   or      7
Weapon master *   9   or      10
+katana

-crossobw price is fine considering you do not have to spend point on PT or PD like other range class. There need to be at least one factor reducing there number on the battlefield like it is now

-Why is the palfrey cheaper than stumper ?

It would be sweet to know exactly the effect of heirlooming, cause with the recent  change it s pretty confusing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:51:22 am by Brutal »

Offline Goralion

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Montjoye Saint-Denis !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Goralion_III, Lyndrael, Szazamir
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2011, 01:01:11 pm »
Don't know if it has already told, but there is a problem with interrupts and throwing : if I hold up my shield (so, I'm not throwing), I still get interrupted several times and my char drops his guard.
Not sure if this is a glitch or if it is intended to work that way for all shielders though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
The biggest problem that still remains is that the new exp system encourages players to sit around naked and play with ladders, delaying the rounds. I have literally seen this almost every game with certain players. They say they do it because they can't make a difference, so they don't even try. They just leech. The old system prevented this.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »
I think people tend to forget, that the purpose of playing - is to actually play and have fun. Runing around nekid and hording money isn't exactly what I'd call "fun".
These people should be reminded, that one can get alot of action with average weapons and light armour, and actually enjoy the game. (yes, I am speaking for myself)
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur