Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 20323 times)

Offline Jason

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:54 pm »
At 30 you get a stat reset and keep all your gear.
At 31 you get a stat reset, keep all your gear, and an heirloom.

So what is the point of just reseting your stats and not creating a new character?  Retirement before lvl 31 is pointless.
By the time you get the generation 2 lvl 30 you could have three lvl 30s right(Assuming you retire at 31 for the so called "bonus")?

3 lvl 30s generation 1:   Each has its own set of armor/weapon, 1 skill set, 1 attribute set
1 lvl 30 generation 3 :  Has multiple armor/weapon sets, 1 skill set, 1 attribute set (NO Bonus since retired before 31)

Right now it seems pointless to retire before lvl 31.  Please explain why should retire before 31!

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:13 pm »
Light cav are weaksauce now, not only is my Palfrey way slower now (something I can live with) but I get dropped after 1-2 arrows.

Up either the speed or HP of light horses just a little bit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2389
  • Infamy: 1623
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »
Right now it seems pointless to retire before lvl 31.  Please explain why should retire before 31!

No one is forcing you. As said before, reason is messed up build.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:00 pm »

I just retired at level 30 earlier today. I was polearms and with the heirloom reset i was able to change my heirlooms to a 2H sword and naturally i needed to reset my stats. Level 30-31 is 4 mil xp, that's as much as level 1-30 so IMO retireing at lvl 30 with no bonuses was worth it for me.

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »
this. although I already dropped like 50k worth of gear.

I dont see the point in not being able to sell stuff, it makes trying out different items/armours virtually impossible without grinding away.
anyone ever notice its the same handful of pricks on the forums complaining about the same shit u guys need ur on clan to coordinate your bull shit

Offline Jason

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »
No one is forcing you. As said before, reason is messed up build.

Ok no reason to retire except keeping your character name and gold while starting from lvl 1 again.  Thanks!

I just retired at level 30 earlier today. I was polearms and with the heirloom reset i was able to change my heirlooms to a 2H sword and naturally i needed to reset my stats. Level 30-31 is 4 mil xp, that's as much as level 1-30 so IMO retireing at lvl 30 with no bonuses was worth it for me.

When you retire you start at lvl 1 again right(or is it auto lvl 30)?

If you started at lvl you could have just lvled a 2h sword character up to 30 and had a polearm guy and a 2hander lvl 30 with different stats. 

Offline Endorphine

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »
I feel there's a porblem with 2h weapons,  more and more people have started using them since there are fewer ranged who will take out unshielded troops. My main concern is when people use the swing and turn technique which makes it possible to make swing arc that are around 270 degrees and then just make another one as if nothing had  happened. Even if it's clearly VERY  unrealistic I'm not going to bring this into a realistic/not realistic discussion because this is a computer game and not reallity.

Beeing able to do that without any sort of recovery penalty is quite OP and in my eyes looks "ugly" as well. And the problem have been made more obvious now since more people go 2h since there is less danger of beeing taken out by ranged and it might be cheaper repair wise as well. Haven't really explored the latter thing though.

Regards, Endorphine

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »
Fix that does not require intervention in game itself: a little more information on changes that are being implemented at the moment, very short before they happen, or preferably at the same time.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:40 pm »
When you retire you start at lvl 1 again right(or is it auto lvl 30)?

If you started at lvl you could have just lvled a 2h sword character up to 30 and had a polearm guy and a 2hander lvl 30 with different stats.

You start at level 1.

Yeah, I could have done that, but no heirloom :o

And leveling is so fast anyway, I played for about 4-5 hours and I'm already level 20.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 09:18:36 pm »
Just one thing for the item team:

When you nerf or buff something, do it in smaller steps.
  • Archery went from being overpowered to being  underpoweredand back to overpowered in the span of a week.
  • Xbow wan't overpowered in 2.01. No one was complaining and it is double nerfed. Just try to kill something with a light xbow (standing at 5000 gold)

Otherwise great work, especially the strategus enhancements are awesome.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »
Quick feedback.

Xbow: Good price range. Might need minor dmg buff.
2h: Fine, but heir-loomed katana is Too fast, don't really fit.
Cav: A tad Too expensive.
Bow: Everkistus has the right idea, not sure about the amount of dmg, his numbers seems really low. I'd say TESTING needed (lazy bum devs).

Overall, GJ as always.
Monkeys!

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »
I feel there's a porblem with 2h weapons,  more and more people have started using them since there are fewer ranged who will take out unshielded troops. My main concern is when people use the swing and turn technique which makes it possible to make swing arc that are around 270 degrees and then just make another one as if nothing had  happened. Even if it's clearly VERY  unrealistic I'm not going to bring this into a realistic/not realistic discussion because this is a computer game and not reallity.

Beeing able to do that without any sort of recovery penalty is quite OP and in my eyes looks "ugly" as well. And the problem have been made more obvious now since more people go 2h since there is less danger of beeing taken out by ranged and it might be cheaper repair wise as well. Haven't really explored the latter thing though.

Regards, Endorphine

I think that if you added in falling over for spinning around like a ballerina with a giant 30 foot sword would fix this kind of problem. I imagine it must be difficult to swing something around like that while spinning on your heels without losing your balance.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:52 pm »
I think that if you added in falling over for spinning around like a ballerina with a giant 30 foot sword would fix this kind of problem. I imagine it must be difficult to swing something around like that while spinning on your heels without losing your balance.

That's because they're using modern day swords...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:25 pm »
archery - was overpowered went to underpowered and now slightly overpowered again. (nerf arrow dmg a bit)
Strategus - make it worth playing for common people ! Add economic system in which they could take part and big clans can try to lure them not in to clan but in to their villages etc...
Make strategus working again ! :)
Anyway patch is genious
you removed retards(and few normal people as well but they were minority among huge number of retarded whiners), make playing so much fun with so many decisions like should i take one bag of throwing weapons or 2 and which armor. Overall great job !

At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. i hate you chadz

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 09:56:44 pm »
The funny thing, even with my whining about the upkeep I still voted that I have more fun now. It is just something new, and even if i dissagre with some aspects, overal patch made game better