Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 20851 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:58:10 pm »
1. Certain heirloomed items are not showing in-game (link).
2. Wrong modifier for Siege Crossbow (link).

Offline Jason

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »
REtirement explaination where the retirement option is...still unclear for me

Explain what the no bonus actually does for retirement 15-30.  Is it nothing gained at all except if you retire at 31 what is the point of retiring at 30?  Do you get more gold per tick or anything?  lvl 31 is so hard to get to i would be able to have another power draw or weapon master with it though...no retiring for me at 30 or 31 right now with not much gain.  Is it just a complete reset from 15-30 (why not just make another char instead)?

I think you should have a test server for these patches you are implementing so they can be tested at a larger scale. 

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »
-too costly xbows or nerfed as hell
-too costly horses or too slow
-nerf arrows or bows speed
-nerf throwing axes
-too costly shields and 1h
-2h too speedy
-nerf german poleaxe and few other polearms (polearm great axes) or too chip
-reaching level 31 for the retirement is too difficult for medium players (30 is ok)
-autobalance - fix
-focus on strategus, get that running again

But anyway great job
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrNicklebe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:54 pm »
Explain what the no bonus actually does for retirement 15-30.  Is it nothing gained at all except if you retire at 31 what is the point of retiring at 30?  Do you get more gold per tick or anything?

Would like to know about this too. Pretty please, it just seems pointless to retire at anything but level 31 at the moment?

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 08:14:08 pm »
Archers make infantry unplayable, even with a shield.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 08:14:35 pm »
I have no idea if it is even technically possible, since i have seen the following suggestion many times:

Add stamina to the game.

Weapon weight, total weight, ammount of agility/athletics ( or new skill ) could affect stamina use/regeneration. Holding block = very little stamina regeneration, lets say 20%. Running/moving = no stamina regeneration ( or even light drain ), with a 0.5 sec delay. So you can run and block forever, but you will not run, block and kill forever.

It would: add a new dimention to the tactics, balance plated peasant spammers ( like me, hehe. My first 2h char - Whack_a_Mole, is doing ok, or at least better then he should, even though he is lvl 23 and I have NEVER used manual block before... I suck, and find myself spamming shamelessly often. ) and create a more team orientated gameplay.
Will be less backpaddling spammers , archers and Forest Gump peasants. A more "natural" combat might accure - shield users in the 1st line ( to drain enemies stamina ), 2h/Polearm in the 2nd line. Holding a line might became a legit and naturally useful tactics for both sides ( as it should ). Even peasants might find them a lucky moment of Glory, and kill an armored guy, who can only block and run. And so on...

How does every ( or at least  9/10 times ) 1 vs More then 1 engagements look like?`That's right guys! Backpedal and Spam or Backpedal and Turtle. Stamina would make battlefield look more like a battlefield ( it would be good not because of realism in itself. "realism" comes when you take in-game decisions, based on real life experience/expectations. 1h, Shield, 2h, Polearms, and so on, were used not because it was a "class", but because they served a purpose. )

I will shut up now. Post getting too long and boring.
Well, i might be just dreaming, and reality will be - a totally boring and broken combat. But somehow it sounds rigth to me, when i play it in my head.
Btw 653 hours of cRPG played so far - doesn't mean i have something good to say, but at least i gave it some more thought then "first time impressions" of a new player.

On combat balance/upkeep: Its all good ( I got used to it now more or less, or adapted )

EDIT:

"Stamina" can be just a Power Strike/Draw/Throw, that is getting smaller, after Weight x Number of attacks/second. That is, if its not possible to do it the other way. Just a quick idea.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:38:34 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »
- Archery fix is backwards. 18 Arrows is not enough. 8 pierce is way too much.
- We need more arrows, less damage, not the other way around.
- 20 Arrows 6 Pierce is more like it.

- Horses nerf + archery buff is somewhat senseless. Anything under a Destrier dies in (1 If galloping)...(~2 moving at diff speeds) arrows.
- Horses cost too much.
- Horses are too slow.
- Horse stats nerf is too much.

- While heavy cavalry still prances around like nothing is goin on. Buffing archery damage indirectly Nerfed light cav and indirectly buffed heavy cav.

- Throwing axe flight trajectory is too high. They need to arc a lot more.

- 2 handed / polearm spam dominates the ground war as usual, nothing changed. Good.
- Pikes are a lot more useful, and more people have them. Good.
- 1 handed is fine, although scimitar speed nerf and high price takes it out of the Top tier weaponry.

Katana speed buff everyone is talking about on the server, just breeds more ninja noob spammers.

!!!Make softcap level 31!!!

29 Attribute/Skill points is odd since we spend every 3 and every 6. With the steeper curve EVERY skillpoint counts.

Everyone can get to level 30. Level 31 is the same as 0 to 30. Softacap - Hardcap curve is way too steep.

Leave the hardcap at 35.

Higher WPF curve is fine. Less glitchy spammers. 175 Should be the WPF hard cap.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
Xbows are not worth using with their very recent nerf and the very recent archery buff. No advantage and several disadvantages.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »
armpit, great idea, but i fear that this is not the engine which could make that happen. pitty. BUT lot of things i thought are impossible are implemented in crpg, so chadz, CAN YOU HEAR THIS GUY?!?  :wink:

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »

Strategus is for Nerds/ hardcore players, and, to tell the truth, only interesting for those few people that are in one of the big clans.

For all others, its boring, especially since its archer wars again with the last archery buff.

crpg is the base.

ergo crpg is more important than its spin-off

In numbers, I dont know, but I dont think there are more than 100 people that think that Strategus is more fun/ more important than crpg.

cRPG is the tutorial, Strategus is the real game

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »
- SHIELD and 1HANDED SWORD are TOO COOSTLY

-LET'S PLATE COME BACK, ITS NOT AN OVERPOWERED ITEM, JUST A WAY TO PLAY!

Boring of Peasant fight! now our battlground look like farmers war.
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 08:34:35 pm »
I know you said keep it short, but here's a compromise:
(click to show/hide)
TLDR
Overall, diggin the game/patch completely.  Just a few minor things I would tweak if it were up to me.

- SHIELD and 1HANDED SWORD are TOO COOSTLY

-LET'S PLATE COME BACK, ITS NOT AN OVERPOWERED ITEM, JUST A WAY TO PLAY!

Boring of Peasant fight! now our battlground look like farmers war.
Looks like a soldiers war to me.  Lots of mail, picks, axes, mercenary cav, archers/throwers, viking 2hers and a few peasants.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:35:48 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 08:36:23 pm »
Explain what the no bonus actually does for retirement 15-30.  Is it nothing gained at all except if you retire at 31 what is the point of retiring at 30?  Do you get more gold per tick or anything?  lvl 31 is so hard to get to i would be able to have another power draw or weapon master with it though...no retiring for me at 30 or 31 right now with not much gain.  Is it just a complete reset from 15-30 (why not just make another char instead)?

At 30 you get a stat reset and keep all your gear.
At 31 you get a stat reset, keep all your gear, and an heirloom.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »
pls give back the option that we can sell our items not just drop them

this. although I already dropped like 50k worth of gear.

I dont see the point in not being able to sell stuff, it makes trying out different items/armours virtually impossible without grinding away.

Offline ActionMan3K

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Little fish in a sea of serfs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 08:43:00 pm »
Reduce arrow damage a bit.  Before it was too low but now it feels a little too high.
Arrows +2
Barbed +3
Khergit +4
Bodkin +6