Author Topic: THE GREAT CAVALRY NERF/BUFF (BURF)  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Re: THE GREAT CAVALRY NERF/BUFF (BURF)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »
i support this tpic and want to defend it against any donkey attack that is coming to destroy this topic!

but seriously, courser should keep it's speed but nerf the maneuver hard, so if the courser rider disides to attack someone he can't walk past the guy when he's on to him. this would make me a lot more happy.
heavy horses shouldn't be made cheaper(in medieval times a warhorse would cost as much as a villa does now), just make the repairs less(dunno if the price has to be less to do so). and i mean, the fastest horse bread would also cost a lot more than a car does nowadays. and yes, give heavy horses more charge, less manuever(they were bred to not look just charge a bunch of guys down while the knight on their back sliced every one of them down, they often also had the sides of their eyes covered and the front covered in linen or something so they would just be able to see a tree ahead of them but that they wouldn't get scared, same goes for the ears.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »
The best cav I know use the arabian warhorse, not the courser. I know, because I use an arabian  :twisted:

Seriously though, the better cavalry players are more than capable of killing anyone with a weapon shorter than theirs, be it a polearm or a dagger. They just prefer not to, as they risk their horse getting killed.

A headshot to a courser when running into the arrow will insta kill it. Takes just 2 body shots to kill a courser that way. Only when they're riding away from the archer it takes more arrows.

As a 1h/cav, I would love to have a horse with higher hp/armour and a bit less manouverability.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Whiligelm

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Game nicks: Whiligelm
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »
Aren't horse archers enough for a "great" cavalry nerf?  :?

I mean Knights are badly challenged when they have a HA on their ass shooting like a machine gun. Why should they need a nerf?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:26:13 pm by Whiligelm »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »
Reducing maneuver would partly fix that, atleast they wouldn't be able to get really close to you, put an arrow in your ass and then turn in 0,2 sec to ride away.

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:45 pm »
I agree with the original poster. Instead of being a large squashy 1-hit-kill appearing from nowhere ninja why not put some fear into the opponents eyes. If I see a horse charging at me (unless I have a pike) I should be trying to avoid it at all costs or at least put my shield up, not jump-slash instakill it in mid air. Even archers are not afraid of horses now, unless you are sitting on a pile of gold driving one of the 60,000 gold worth elephants there is no way you can charge people IF they know where you are coming from.

Horses are the most expensive items in game, why do we need to hide them and attack from the shadows ?  :?

I would,
for non-heavy horses:
- decrease maneuver greatly
- decrease speed slightly
- increase armor slightly
- increase hp greatly

for heavy horses:
- decrease price
- reduce maneuver even more
- increase armor

for charge mechanics:
- decrease couch damage
- increase charge damage on non-heavy horses
- ONLY polearms longer than 200 stop horses, others only slow them down

That way we could actually do a proper cavalry charge.

+1 from the bottom of my heart.

Offline Werfried

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Goat bless my peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Werfrieds Peasant Battalion
  • Game nicks: Werfried
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:51 pm »
I think the issue is not about cav should be burfed (nice word btw. :D
The biggest problem about cav is, that too many archers dont focus enough on them. They rather shoot people to get kills, instead of helping their team and shoot the cav.
So archers, do your job and shoot cav first.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 08:45:50 pm »
FINE every one keeps whining, but if you remove the ability for Cavalry to turn away, REMOVE JUMP SLASH, a guy in full plate jumping over me and my horse then cutting me in two with a slice of his two-handed sword... what anime am i in?
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 08:50:13 pm »
Good suggestion. I hate that cav is only useful when gaypoking from behind like a ninja.

I would,
for non-heavy horses:
- decrease maneuver greatly
- decrease speed slightly
- increase armor slightly
- increase hp greatly

for heavy horses:
- decrease price
- reduce maneuver even more
- increase armor

for charge mechanics:
- decrease couch damage
- increase charge damage on non-heavy horses
- ONLY polearms longer than 200 stop horses, others only slow them down

That way we could actually do a proper cavalry charge.
They should increase couch damage or sweeping field, and decrease ninja stabbing damage.

I am also sick of people lolslash/jumpslashing. It looks so stupid and unrealistic. I'd like to see it removed or made harder so only the true masters could accomplish it.. I wouldn't mind so much then.

It would also Make sense if pole weapons over 200 reach gaining some sort of defensive position animation where the foot is placed upon the shaft, and held in place. This could decrease movement speed, but stop/kill horses.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:16:13 pm by TheDashingRogue »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »
just unable the abilaty to jump and attack, this would fix a lot, inc. jumpshots :wink:

and this suggestion would also bring more 1h cav!(because close cav combat is more rewardingdue to heavier horses, so less chance of your horse getting killed when you slah someone, and more charge damage)

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Whiligelm

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Game nicks: Whiligelm
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 09:52:52 am »
FINE every one keeps whining, but if you remove the ability for Cavalry to turn away, REMOVE JUMP SLASH, a guy in full plate jumping over me and my horse then cutting me in two with a slice of his two-handed sword... what anime am i in?
+1

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57:28 am »
Agree that jumpslashes should be nerfed/removed.
Also agree with Dashing, ninja stab damage should be nerfed, to prevent some 1hit kills on armored people.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 11:00:21 am »
sweet idea to stop having a chopstick stop a charger : D

my thoughts on this:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8409.0.html
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
Its not that we can't afford them but about the way we use horses at the moment. Try charging a group of infantry that see you coming in a warhorse and you will die instantly, they don't even need pikes, just jump-slash you to death.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 11:40:07 am »
Why winning about jumpslash ?  :shock:

I love when people jumpslash, since they actually can't block down, and thus get automatically thrust in the body.

Overall, if only we could add horses some armor and hp "only" for ranged weapons, it would be great.
It's irritating as a pikeman to stop a horse with a good thrust. Then thrust it again in the head (but strangely the rider blocks that o_O ) and thrust it while it flee. And yes, if it's a courser, it's still alive.
What's also great is how you can get killed AFTER having stopped the horse. Even by a 1h sword, since thoses perfect weapon for gay bumpslash manage to hit you even when they don't reach you.
The best example is the thrust with the 1h weapon, in front of you. You bump someone, and thrust, and you actually hit the guy while he's falling on the ground, under your horse. Incredible.

Back to op. I feel the destrier as enough life already, but i wouldn't mind if others unarmored horses had more hp, less speed, less maneuver, more charge, and a bit more price (for the sake of diversity, see burf topic).
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 12:27:47 pm »
Why winning about jumpslash ?  :shock:

It is just a strange way to counter a horse charge. In thoughts of a 2h user: "There is a half a tonne warhorse charging at me at full speed ! Forget about that pike! Let me jump and cut him in two in midair!" Not only it looks stupid but it makes no sense at all.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:35:57 pm by SkyrayFox »