Poll

Would you want the option to hide your helmet?

Yes,
No,
Doubt it can be done

Author Topic: Ability to hide helmet  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Katoh_Ironfist

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ability to hide helmet
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:46 pm »
hey guys,

I'm guessing that this might be really hard to do or impossible, but I'd like to put it out there since it would just be an awesome feature. I'm talking about the ability to hide your helmet. my character looks like a beautiful 80 year old man and I think it's just wrong that the inside of my helmet is the only thing that can admire my beauty.

I've also seen lots of players (mostly Woman ((not generalizing just observing))) Wearing NO helmet at all, because they want to be more divers from everybody else who is wearing a bucket on their head. Though wearing NO helmet usually ends in a lot of quick death's because, well nobody like a mallet in the head.

So I'd like the option to click something in the site that will hide my helmet/make it invisible while I still keep it's stats. I know it's a bit unrealistic, but it'll make all us players who want to hide our helmets a lot more divers.

If it's not possible just say so, but well it would be awesome.

Thank you in advance for considering and/or discussing with me.  :mrgreen:

((Also if there is already some sort of option to hide your helmet that I am unaware of, please just call me an idiot))

Offline Whiligelm

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Game nicks: Whiligelm
Re: Ability to hide helmet
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:22 pm »
my character looks like a beautiful 80 year old man and I think it's just wrong that the inside of my helmet is the only thing that can admire my beauty.

Beauty? 80 years old men in Middle age were almost living dead, but  there is no accounting for taste  :lol:
Anyway, I agree with the idea of having more different/original players but it would be pretty annoying to pick a fight with someone whose had can explode after one swing and realise that his head is made of steel.

Also it would increase the "Hax" suspects if not globally adviced, but that's a minor problem

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »
Oh god, no. Hide/show helmet has no place in cRPG imo. Which ever marketing sicko managed to establish this crap as a standard in today's games deserves a longaxe shave. If you feel obligated to show your head to the world then live with your mortal head wound. Oh, wait..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:44:25 pm by Paul »

Offline Katoh_Ironfist

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »
Okay, so I can understand that you don't want to hide your helmet, but why don't you want OTHER people to hide their helmets? FREEEEEDOM!!!
live and let die , that sort of stuff.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:07:25 pm »
Oh god, no. Hide/show helmet has no place in cRPG imo. Which ever marketing sicko managed to establish this crap as a standard in today's games deserves a longaxe shave. If you feel obligated to show your head to the world then live with your mortal head wound. Oh, wait..

This 100%.
I already have a disliking of open faced helms, and hiding helms delves into trolling the game as well as tards saying "if I can hide my helm then why not all of my armor? wanna show off my beautiful bod bro!" And then it all goes downhill from there...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »
Guy runs up to you in a medium to light armor with no helmt on. You aim for the head with a overhead for a easier kill. Jokes on you, guy is wearing a Armet and shrugs of your damage laughing, but you couldn't tell because he didn't want to show his helmet.

Great feature, please add.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:48 pm »
if I can hide my helm then why not all of my armor? wanna show off my beautiful bod bro.. :twisted:
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:05 pm »
if I can hide my helm then why not all of my armor? wanna show off my beautiful bod bro.. :twisted:

Bandits are an exception due to your faces. Your argument is invalid as everyone wants to see your beautiful bods and faces, nips and hips.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »
Actually, I would like kind of the inverse, that players with no helmet selected cannot spawn in the game. Who the fuck would be so stupid to go into a battle without some form of head protection?

Alternatively, the game could render a standard bucket over their head.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »
Actually, I would like kind of the inverse, that players with no helmet selected cannot spawn in the game. Who the fuck would be so stupid to go into a battle without some form of head protection?

Alternatively, the game could render a standard bucket over their head.

Peasants.... or soldiers that are poorly equipped... or a wanna-be hero...

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:45:48 am »
We need to be able to see the helmet...adds to attack strategy.  If someone has all plate body armor and boots, but a felt cap, guess where I'm aiming?

we need to see how others are armored.  It's integral to the game.

Offline Katoh_Ironfist

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:59 am »
Dang, if you guys seriously pay attention to the other guys armor, then I very much suck at this game, (though I already knew that)

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 01:45:18 am »
Whilst I like this ability in certain RPGs, it is not suitable in this case.  The mechanics of head armour, head shots and hitboxes forbid it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:46:57 am by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:07 am »
Dang, if you guys seriously pay attention to the other guys armor, then I very much suck at this game, (though I already knew that)

I pay very close attention to armor, right down to the gloves, on all of my targets even when shooting from afar with range, or in a frantic melee. Makes target priority a breeze. Luckily c-RPG only has so many kinds of armour.

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:02 am »
Guy runs up to you in a medium to light armor with no helmt on. You aim for the head with a overhead for a easier kill. Jokes on you, guy is wearing a Armet and shrugs of your damage laughing, but you couldn't tell because he didn't want to show his helmet.

Great feature, please add.

This.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login