Poll

Would you want the option to hide your helmet?

Yes,
No,
Doubt it can be done

Author Topic: Ability to hide helmet  (Read 1537 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to hide helmet
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 02:09:20 am »
I guess they could make it so it's only client-side, meaning only for the local player, and all others would still see the helmet.

I don't really understand the want for something like this, though, and I don't think I want it explained to me.

Also, tears, beggars don't go into battle. Every peasant can find some cloth to wrap around his head. And heros don't exist in battles. They are created by bards.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:10:41 am by zagibu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 02:18:32 am »
I guess they could make it so it's only client-side, meaning only for the local player, and all others would still see the helmet.

I don't really understand the want for something like this, though, and I don't think I want it explained to me.

Also, tears, beggars don't go into battle. Every peasant can find some cloth to wrap around his head. And heros don't exist in battles. They are created by bards.

I take it you missed the "wanna-be" part of the hero? Aka soon to be dead idiots that existed back then just as they do now? As for peasant, why not, sure he can wrap his head. So what about the pictorials of some people with no stuff on their heads? I know the vast majority of people put stuff on their heads as it is just plain smart, but common sense is oh so lacking in some people... Granted those pictorials are usually trying to make things more epic by distorting the truth as obviously the winner writes history, but that brings me to my next point:

Helmets are not very heroic (entering the part why film makers often have heroes take off helmets, so that the audience can identify easier).

I understand what you are saying though, rest assured.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:50 am »
I take it you missed the "wanna-be" part of the hero? Aka soon to be dead idiots that existed back then just as they do now? As for peasant, why not, sure he can wrap his head. So what about the pictorials of some people with no stuff on their heads? I know the vast majority of people put stuff on their heads as it is just plain smart, but common sense is oh so lacking in some people... Granted those pictorials are usually trying to make things more epic by distorting the truth as obviously the winner writes history, but that brings me to my next point:

Helmets are not very heroic (entering the part why film makers often have heroes take off helmets, so that the audience can identify easier).

I understand what you are saying though, rest assured.

In an army, soldiers are not free to do with their equipment what they want. If a lieutenant sees a soldier who refuses to wear his helmet, he will shoot him, to make sure the rest of his soldiers wear it. The pictorials show people without helmet, because they had to be recognizable. I also don't think there were so many wanna-be heros back then. The general population probably understood that war is terrible, and most who participate will come back injured or not at all. War was not some far off thing like it is now.

The closest thing to wanna-be heros I can imagine in a real battle back then are some lordlings without battle experience who want to prove something. I'm quite sure that those would never take off their precious helmets, that so aptly separate them from the commoner, though. Also, after first contact, their esteem would probably already have blown out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 03:05:34 am »
Peasants.... or soldiers that are poorly equipped... or a wanna-be hero...

Wooo I'm a wanna-be hero!!!  :mrgreen:

Check the avatar for reference!  8-)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17:14 am »
All the pros with the dashing faces wear open sallets.

If you wanna show off your hair do then screw urself!
Turtles

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 09:10:31 am »
My Sugarloaf is so much more beautiful then my chars face so i dont care anyway.