Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24411 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2011, 04:38:04 am »
A guy with shortbow took half my health in mail. D:
But yeah, we must simply wait for a more general impression, its just the way it is, sometimes you get cav spam, sometimes archer spam, sometimes thrower spam.
Archers or other ranged option must exist, for killing backstabbing runner classes. Otherwise I can stack athletics, take a pike and a red shirt and kitepoke everyone. Some may say you get more kills in black armor with hammer, which may be true, but this can't be balanced around around killcount alone since runners have also great tactical value by annoying the shit out of everyone and disrupting "formation". Similarily archers have also tactical value by taking out horses etc. and needn't have equal chances to score kills as everyone else imo.

edit: Defensive skill against archers for infantry exist, just be always aware of your surroundings and dodge, this usually works well against archers until you get really close to the enemy ... and at that point throwers are far more dangerous now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:42:46 am by EponiCo »

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2011, 07:02:46 am »
A guy with shortbow took half my health in mail. D:

Epic troll you sir are now in my sig
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:21 am »
Epic troll you sir are now in my sig

lies
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2011, 07:05:11 am »
fixed :P
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 08:47:21 am »
Expected response. 

If you don't have a melee weapon ready for when that time comes, that's a choice you made.  If you do, then you have plenty of opportunity to fight back.  You're still limited only by your personal skill.  You may be at a disadvantage against someone who is built specifically for melee, but as an archer you've built plenty of agility.  You can take a fast melee weapon and if you're a good manual blocker, you stand a really good chance in a melee duel.

Basically, when a melee reaches an archer, they move from 100% dominant predator to somewhat disadvantaged.  It's far far far from a total reversal.

What pisses me off about the archer mentality is they seem to think their class deserves more payoff and less disadvantages than everyone else.  Dominant at range and capable in melee.  I think it's BS.  So I'll be switching to archer so I can relax and pick on people from a distance, and then have exciting duels with the outrunnable softened stragglers who break through and challenge me.

+1

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:55 am »
I think the nerf for the archers are just right now. Sure, a bit more damage but on the flip-side we have less arrows and still slow fire speeds.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:40 am »
Archers are and will always be, easymode =)

On the levels you are talking about not really.
I'm leveling up a peasant archer lvl 15, 7 kills, 1 from headshot, 2 from light lance, 3 from staff, 1 from torch. Simply dropped the bow and asked for duels, that was easier even with 1 wpf and 0 ps. But 36 deaths, stupid glances.

edit: Ok, once you get higher it seems to be pretty good now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:55:13 am by EponiCo »

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:51 am »
On the levels you are talking about not really.
I'm leveling up a peasant archer lvl 15, 7 kills, 1 from headshot, 2 from light lance, 3 from staff, 1 from torch. Simply dropped the bow and asked for duels, that was easier even with 1 wpf and 0 ps. But 36 deaths, stupid glances.

edit: Ok, once you get higher it seems to be pretty good now.

I just got mine up to level 13.  No melee kills yet, though I did distract a guy in melee so a teammate could finish him.  I bought a practice sword to start, so I couldn't really do damage anyway :P.  I just got a scottish sword, so I should be a bit more capable now.

Archery though... I think I've got 3 archer kills already, and I've caused several more via interrupting enemies in melee.  Firing into melee is even easier than I thought it would be.  I've only hit a teammate twice.  After throwing for the last couple weeks, archery feels like a railgun by comparison.  I've dueled enemy throwers and haven't died yet to a throw that I saw coming, and had more than enough time between their throws to fire back.  I don't know why people complain about archery animation being too slow.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2011, 11:10:38 am »
When I want to butt into melee, I just use a melee weapon. Much safer then shooting into melee, and more effective as well.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1649
  • Infamy: 378
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »
I'm not so sure what to think anymore. Yes, archers are a lot stronger then they were in 0.200 and 0.201 but I don't think they are nearly as strong as they were before 0.200. I hate them so much that part of me wants them all banned permanently and part of me is sad when they are super weak because there is no challenge, killing them was too easy before this last patch.

Actually, I don't hate all archers, just FOTM kind of people who were throwers and rerolled into archers as soon as last patch came out. Throwing is really powerful as well but archery is way easier, I suppose that's why most of them rerolled. Archers always QQ when someone with a 2H sword or sword & board guy kills them. They say, 2H spamming idiots while most of them do exactly that. Since there is NO REQ SKILL FOR MELEE WEAPONS (only str atm) every one of them have some LONG kinda of sword or polearm. As soon as you get close 90% of them pull out their tool (in their hands it isn't a weapon) and hold RIGHT swing. It's so easy to block their attacks and kill them afterwords, most of those poor sould wonder what happened why they hadn't kill the man, after all melee is all about spamming right? :mrgreen:

Also there is that PRO argument, we have problems going past your shields. LOLWUT. That reminds me of those idiots who QQ when we said to remove LoC. Shields and people who play sword&board class are meant to be death of you, my silly archers. You aren't supposed to kill them at all with your stupid bows and sharp arrows. It's a rock, paper and scissors situation: you archers kill 2H guys, 2H guys kill 1H guys and 1H guys kill archers. Simple as that. Those of you who can't understand that are clearly idiots.

I love killing archers, it's my favourite part of this game. Before the big patch I was wearing heraldic plate and riding a destrier and hunted those poor souls. I can't imagine what would happen if we ever get pre patch state and no upkeep, since I have plenty of gear atm I would probably hunt the same morons but in milanese and on elephant this time. It would be too easy.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
Have to agree with Rouge, even with slight improvement archers very weak class now.
Before last patch almost unplayable.

I still see a lot of people with very heavy armor and even plate since upkeep reduced.

They already slow, bad accuracy and slash damage on bows, and you still thinking of ways to nerf it lol :)
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2011, 02:58:05 pm »
Guys Horse Archers are fine now believe me.

No more spaming from larger distance will get you kills apart from a few lucky ones from time to time. If you realy want to be efficient as a HA you need to get very (and I mean very) close to your target putting yourself and your horse at high risk of getting killed. While I was shooting from distance I was wasting all my +40 arrows and score 1-2 kills if I was lucky. Yesterday, I decided to get close to enemy and make every single arrow count. My poor k/d ratio jumped to around 3/1 and I would end up spending only about +20 arrows before the round ends.  It became a hit and run class as it should have been from the very beginning.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »
It became a hit and run class as it should have been from the very beginning.

This is how it has been since the very beginning. Literally, the very beginning, of everything. Up until now you have been playing wrong, now that you play correctly your K/D goes up, who would have guessed?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2011, 03:33:52 pm »
It seems to me, that archery is a low risk high reward profession since you stand far away firing at enemies.
When archers are around, melee is a high risk medium reward profession.
When archers arent around melee is a medium risk high reward profession.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2011, 03:38:26 pm »
This is how it has been since the very beginning. Literally, the very beginning, of everything. Up until now you have been playing wrong, now that you play correctly your K/D goes up, who would have guessed?

I rarley ever had to run before the patch. All I did was hit and hit some more riding my cataphract and wearing my 16k body armor. The risk of getiing killed was way lower then it is now.