Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 25877 times)

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2011, 11:14:39 am »
You should check out Ripper's video (2nd one) with the 50 v 50 fight.  The fallen archers used good team tactics, but what really won the fight was cavalry and then 1handed shielders.  Thats probably how it will play out in Strategus as you might not realize it, but archery has been nerfed to less than half of what it was (like 5-6 patch nerfs at this point).

Oh and the armor change thing will make glancing less common, but they will be able to take 1-3 more hits as the armor absorbs more damage, not sure if that is going to be better or not.
Well, we don't know how strategus economy will work, but if the horses will still be so freaking overpriced compared to archers full equipment, I think that archers camping some good spot, with some guys manovring to set up crossfires will be the standard.

I didn't see the ripperx video, but I guess that Fallen could have win with even more ease if instead of melee they had more archers. Archers and cavalry can overrun every enemy, unless they are going for the flag, making shielders usefull. If there won't be class limit, crpg will end up like native, and I'm glad that so far every tournament had set some. Still I do fear for strategus, where there are also sieges to make archers even more valuable

EDIT:
No, that's exactly what I'm addressing. More archers should me more squishy targets for people who work together. Stop pretending this isn't a "nerf archery" thread.
yeah, that works assuming that your opponents are retarded and aren't going to set up some teamplay too.... Come back when they'll start running into different direction while pew pewing your back while you are facing their cavalry
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:18:25 am by Astinus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2011, 11:14:52 am »
Yes, archery is easy to pick up but being good at it is completely different stuff. I can dodge any regular archer without problems and a good one will still have to hit me 2-3 times to get me down in medium armor.

So what the hell are you guys complaining about?

Ajde slovenac ne seri.  :wink:

Znaš dobro da nam ne smetaju projedinačni strijelci nego kad ih ima 70 od 80. Nemoj bit off-topic ko ova svinja gore.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2011, 11:16:18 am »
just fyi there are melee-only servers so if you're slap-jawed enough not to take on the heat of full blown battle server, you can go there and fart around.

For all my time on these forums, I haven't seen more retarded reply than this, seriously?

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2011, 11:19:19 am »
I love how hitting someone's itty bitty head by compensating for trajectory and travel distance is utterly talentless but helicoptoring around waving a weapon with a giant hit radius that kills people in one shot is the epitome of skill. 

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
abloo bu bu bu bu

argument extraordinaire

e: Sup Garem thx for reading out my mind
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:22:57 am by LLJK_Korea1 »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2011, 11:38:24 am »
Well, we don't know how strategus economy will work, but if the horses will still be so freaking overpriced compared to archers full equipment, I think that archers camping some good spot, with some guys manovring to set up crossfires will be the standard.

I didn't see the ripperx video, but I guess that Fallen could have win with even more ease if instead of melee they had more archers. Archers and cavalry can overrun every enemy, unless they are going for the flag, making shielders usefull. If there won't be class limit, crpg will end up like native, and I'm glad that so far every tournament had set some. Still I do fear for strategus, where there are also sieges to make archers even more valuable

EDIT:yeah, that works assuming that your opponents are retarded and aren't going to set up some teamplay too.... Come back when they'll start running into different direction while pew pewing your back while you are facing their cavalry
Not to start that discussion, but the reason the fallens/HRE did win was because they had much more archers than us, even more than what we agreed on beforehand. It was a big archerfest.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2011, 11:58:30 am »
argument extraordinaire

At least i can read with understanding and stay on topic. When you learn to do the same then we can talk.

Until then i will end this "conversation" with a friendly recommendation, a few clans that would be even more fitting for you then LLJK (judging by your face & class):

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,6994.0.html
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8221.0.html

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2011, 12:23:10 pm »
Woot!  I hit 300 kills so I'm now on the top 25 in na.  So now there's exactly one ranged player.  Well really I'm like 75% ranged.  But close enough. 

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2011, 12:28:25 pm »
Ajde slovenac ne seri.  :wink:

Znaš dobro da nam ne smetaju projedinačni strijelci nego kad ih ima 70 od 80. Nemoj bit off-topic ko ova svinja gore.  :wink:

Pa nima ih nikad 70 od 80, gnjus >_>
najviše pola cijele ekipe

Fact is archers can be easily countered if you are in an organized group (even melee only). Especially those archer who aren't organized, like the ones usually on public servers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:33:09 pm by Vibe »

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
I suspect once again, it's "and a crossbow too" syndrome re-emerging rather than too many people switching to archery. Archery is a thankless task.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:32 pm »
I suspect once again, it's "and a crossbow too" syndrome re-emerging rather than too many people switching to archery. Archery is a thankless task.

Agreed. I've never seen archers make up more than 15% of a team on the NA or the EU servers. I have on more than one occasion seen people with crossbows make up over 50% of the team. Usually everyone except cavalry, peasants, and people in plate have a crossbow or a bow. There is occasionally one thrower on the entire server but the only reason you notice it is because you hear the axes whizzing by everyone or you see someone with 2-3 axes sticking out of him and he's still running around (yea, I got off on a tangent because I loved being a pure thrower, oh well, my point still stands).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2011, 12:45:57 pm »
Yes indeed, lack of crossbow wpf has to have a devastating effect, the slot patch only made people drop sniper xbows for weaker xbows.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2011, 12:48:17 pm »
Yes indeed, lack of crossbow wpf has to have a devastating effect, the slot patch only made people drop sniper xbows for weaker xbows.

I doubt people would've used Sniper Xbow with the upkeep anyway. 939 denars for one shot, or standing with your ass up in the air for 10 seconds to shoot one more? No, I seriously think that they wouldn't have used it as a sidearm if it indeed was one slot.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:56 pm »
I doubt people would've used Sniper Xbow with the upkeep anyway. 939 denars for one shot, or standing with your ass up in the air for 10 seconds to shoot one more? No, I seriously think that they wouldn't have used it as a sidearm if it indeed was one slot.

But that's exactly what a lot of people did prepatch. Slapped in 1-40 wpf in xbow and took a sniper xbow. Not that it matters anyway, lack of xbow wpf must have greater effect. Reticule should be HUGE with 1-50 wpf in xbow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:51:57 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2011, 12:52:19 pm »
This is the problem, with 0 wpf in xbow you are still accurate.
chadz always wanted that xbow was very easy to use which is someway realistic (just aim and pull trigger). But balance wise this is devastating, if xbow were less accurate with 0 wpf (like throwing) then few ppl will take xbow as sidearm.