Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Xbows
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 05:24:54 am »
no one makes or has a dedicated Xbower anymore its annoying.   

I'm a dedicated xbower with shield, I just don't get a chance to actually play my class because of how melee-centric this game is.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 05:30:48 am »
I think Xbows should all be made 2 slot weapons because all you see is people using them as shotguns and its retarded no one makes or has a dedicated Xbower anymore its annoying.   
so you are admitting that you just want xbows gone from the game
and to the other comment
i have a clan chock full of dedicated xbowmen sir rage face :P

sorry that u are getting shot by regular xbows 5 times in a row, surely you should have beaten all 5 of those xbowmen at once
this isnt pre-pre patch world. Xbows without prof suck and cant even shotgun due to the reticle being as wide as a hooker's vagina. Play a class before you make judgements

@OP post. no matter what the circumstances are two handers think its op if they are unable to reach hand to hand combat and derp swing everywhere

(No prejudice here i have four-five melee chars two of them have 6 gens each)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:34:37 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 05:50:08 am »
Xbows without prof suck and cant even shotgun due to the reticle being as wide as a hooker's vagina.
:lol:
Funny as always  :mrgreen: cant wait to get back on ur vent to hear other metaphores like this one :)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 06:01:12 am »
and to the other comment

sorry that u are getting shot by regular xbows 5 times in a row, surely you should have beaten all 5 of those xbowmen at once
this isnt pre-pre patch world. Xbows without prof suck and cant even shotgun due to the reticle being as wide as a hooker's vagina. Play a class before you make judgements

@OP post. no matter what the circumstances are two handers think its op if they are unable to reach hand to hand combat and derp swing everywhere

Actually this is a pretty good point, most crossbow nerf posts are from 2 hand players,  logical correlation. Not saying those posts should be disregarded, but it must be considered that dedicated 2 handers are not as safe from decent and above damage crossbows as they are from archery, which varies from low to high damage.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 07:25:38 am »
Huh  :?:

Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. -Scissors

2handers and polearms win every single game and yet they still manage to find a way to continue whining about range. I wouldn't mind if xbows had a wpf requirement to use but these threads are a complete joke.  Just people looking for indirect buffs for their class and outright nerfs to anything that dares kill them.  Notice how these threads are always "Make all xbows 2 slots" and never "Make powerful polearms and 2handers 3 slots."  These same handful of spamming whiners won't be happy until anything that kills them is as worthless and unviable as throwing. 

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:19 am »
2handers and polearms win every single game and yet they still manage to find a way to continue whining about range. I wouldn't mind if xbows had a wpf requirement to use but these threads are a complete joke.  Just people looking for indirect buffs for their class and outright nerfs to anything that dares kill them.  Notice how these threads are always "Make all xbows 2 slots" and never "Make powerful polearms and 2handers 3 slots."  These same handful of spamming whiners won't be happy until anything that kills them is as worthless and unviable as throwing.
~Testify!~

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 12:45:37 pm »
Sure, wpf requirement would be nice from my point of view. I, for one, am not a fan of the shotgunners, but I want the Crossbow, bolts, one-hander, shield to be viable. I don't use it myself, but like mentioned earlier, it's always been a classic.

Lower accuracy on xbows overall and boosting the bonus from wpf could also work. Then again, shotgunners will argue that the crossbow was historically used by people who didn't dedicate themselves to it, but rather as a sidearm for getting some shots away, like it's often being used on the server now. But who really cares? Game balance over realism any day of the week. They could still be able to use it, just with a wider crosshair, or with the sameone, but having invested some wpf in it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 02:32:33 pm »
If possible, an easy to fix to this whole problem would be to slightly increase the reload times for all crossbows at 0 wpf and slightly decrease the reload times for all crossbows at 125+ wpf. On top of that, if it is possible to make it so that you can't stop reloading a crossbow once you start the animation, we would see a lot of the pure melee completely stop using crossbows.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 03:16:14 pm »
Nah Team_Jacob, not being able to stop once you start reloading would also gimp dedicated xbowers and between me and you, it would be just plain stupid: who would continue reloading while a cav or wtv is coming in on you and is about to lance/destroy you face?

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:16 pm »
The hunting xbow and light xbow should be 1 slot the rest 2 slot..

But try and picture all em angry shotgunners that loomed the normal xbow to replace their sniper!! they would be so sad so lets not do it to keep em happy..  :mrgreen:

This thread will be floated with em in just a few min anyways saying your and idiot and your idea sucks ect ect etc....

Quite why anyone would bother with a crossbow when it occupies as many slots as a sniper is beyond me.  The Heavy Crossbow is suffering a lack of love seemingly for this very reason.  A viable selection of crossbow choice matters to dedicated crossbowmen, your heavy handed suggestion nerfs them as well as the hybrids you are targeting.

A more reasonable suggestion was posted by paul elsewhere, correlating crossbow upkeep with crossbow proficiency.  So, with 1 proficiency you may be able to be reasonably effective, however, you will never make a profit while it is equipped.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:53:05 pm by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 06:59:59 pm »
IMO as ex dedicated sniper with mw arbalest and from what i talked with my friend Dark Karma, prolly the best dedicated sniper xbower, simply putting an accuracy nerf to low wpf would get rid of the problem. So unless you put some points into xbow wpf, you should not be able to aim shit. The other solution would be to do like to throwers (best way IMO): a wpf requirement. The higher tier the xbow is, the more wpf it requires.
Something like : no req for hunting, 50 for light, 75 for regular, 100 for heavy and 125 for arbalest.

75 is quite easy to reach so it would not gimp too much an hybrid and it will make sure not everybody as a regular xbow in his pocket. Anyway light xbow is still really viable if u dont want to spend much in xbow wpf. But thats only my opinion! Feel free to discuss!

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. Greatly decrease the accuracy of low wpf xbows while leaving higher wpf the same.

One suggestion for the requirements, however:

Arbalest req - 125
Heavy req - 75
Crossbow req - 110
Light x req - 75
hunting req - 35

Why make the heavy xbow have a lower wpf req? It would give people a reason to use it over the arbalest, introducing more variety in what xbows are used.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »
and to the other comment

Im sorry where did it say I think Xbows should be gone from the mod??? also I have a pure Xbow character so please get the fact's before you go round talking shit, and where's the rage??
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:31:27 pm by Hunter_the_Honourable »
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 10:42:57 pm »

Im sorry where did it say I think Xbows should be gone from the mod??? also I have a pure Xbow character so please get the fact's before you go round talking shit, and where's the rage??

The hunting xbow and light xbow should be 1 slot the rest 2 slot..

But try and picture all em angry shotgunners that loomed the normal xbow to replace their sniper!! they would be so sad so lets not do it to keep em happy..  :mrgreen:

This thread will be floated with em in just a few min anyways saying your and idiot and your idea sucks ect ect etc....

Just try and ignore em
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 11:41:53 pm »
I agree with this post wholeheartedly. Greatly decrease the accuracy of low wpf xbows while leaving higher wpf the same.

One suggestion for the requirements, however:

Arbalest req - 125
Heavy req - 75
Crossbow req - 110
Light x req - 75
hunting req - 35

Why make the heavy xbow have a lower wpf req? It would give people a reason to use it over the arbalest, introducing more variety in what xbows are used.

This idea was suggested many many times before. Since it never happened, even when they did it to throwing weapons, I don't believe we'll see this go through.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 11:46:01 pm »
Just try and ignore em

good point
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.