Author Topic: Xbows  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Xbows
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:29:21 am »
I think Xbows should all be made 2 slot weapons because all you see is people using them as shotguns and its retarded no one makes or has a dedicated Xbower anymore its annoying.   
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
Re: Xbows
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:33:30 am »
Atm I think the most viable ranged is bows. I stopped playing my dedicated xbower in favor of my new archer. Throwing and xbows just feel gimp, one has no ammo and the other has a reload time that never stops.

Edit: What are you suggesting?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
no one makes or has a dedicated Xbower anymore

Wrong
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:46:41 am »
Dedicated crossbower checking in.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 01:50:51 am »
xbows are more accurate and just as damaging (if not more so) than bows at comparable speeds since archer's animations have been changed. There are plenty of dedicated xbowers out there. I had one a generation ago.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:01:15 am »
1 WORD xbows are OP! u wont even need any wpf do deal a OK amount of dmg to a heavy/ Medium armored guy, had to hit a guy with lamellar 2 times with the normal xbow, when im going archer 6 PD 165 wpf and MW strongbow i need like 3, maybe 4 bodyhits to kill a guy with a lamellar...

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 02:13:21 am »
1 WORD xbows are OP! u wont even need any wpf do deal a OK amount of dmg to a heavy/ Medium armored guy, had to hit a guy with lamellar 2 times with the normal xbow, when im going archer 6 PD 165 wpf and MW strongbow i need like 3, maybe 4 bodyhits to kill a guy with a lamellar...

Maybe its because crossbows were made to do more damage to armored people. Im suggesting make Crossbows 2 slots so its not a shotgun anymore
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:18 am »
Maybe only the hunting xbow should be single slot?
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:35 am »
Maybe only the hunting xbow should be single slot?

I agree, but it would also hit horse crossbowmen pretty hard.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 03:40:50 am »
The hunting xbow and light xbow should be 1 slot the rest 2 slot..

But try and picture all em angry shotgunners that loomed the normal xbow to replace their sniper!! they would be so sad so lets not do it to keep em happy..  :mrgreen:

This thread will be floated with em in just a few min anyways saying your and idiot and your idea sucks ect ect etc....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:44:01 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 03:53:21 am »

6 PD is average, Strongbow is cut damage. Xbows are pierce, aren't they? That makes sense to me. That's why you aim for the head as an archer, body shots are for team support with stuns.

As a dedicated polearm player (with a 2hander alt), I suggest that higher tier polearms/2handers are made THREE slots. That would get rid of shotguns, at least paired with the top tier melees, and would still leave room for Xbow + bolts + sword + board builds, which is pretty classic. It would also allow for mid to low tier 2hand/polearm melee sidearms, which I don't feel is unreasonable. If you're dedicated 2hand/polearm you don't really need any other sidearm anyhow, and you'd still be left with a slot for a shield to approach, but I still expect a great deal of backlash to this idea.

I honestly see no problem with crossbows as they are. Is it my preferred play style, to lug around an xbow and faceshoot people? No, it isn't. But if that's how people want to play, I don't care, and, playing fairly often, I've never had an issue with it more than anything else. The only thing I would add is a proficiency investment requirement on all but the weakest one. I do not at all think that making the regular Crossbow 2 slots is the right way to go about balancing it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:55:01 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 04:00:49 am »
6 PD is average, Strongbow is cut damage. Xbows are pierce, aren't they? That makes sense to me. That's why you aim for the head as an archer, body shots are for team support with stuns.

As a dedicated polearm player (with a 2hander alt), I suggest that higher tier polearms/2handers are made THREE slots. That would get rid of shotguns, at least paired with the top tier melees, and would still leave room for Xbow + bolts + sword + board builds, which is pretty classic. It would also allow for mid to low tier 2hand/polearm melee sidearms, which I don't feel is unreasonable. If you're dedicated 2hand/polearm you don't really need any other sidearm anyhow, and you'd still be left with a slot for a shield to approach, but I still expect a great deal of backlash to this idea.

I honestly see no problem with crossbows as they are. Is it my preferred play style, to lug around an xbow and faceshoot people? No, it isn't. But if that's how people want to play, I don't care, and, playing fairly often, I've never had an issue with it more than anything else. The only thing I would add is a proficiency investment requirement on all but the weakest one. I do not at all think that making the regular Crossbow 2 slots is the right way to go about balancing it.

Aye agree that wpf would a better fix to get rid of shotgunners no reason to hurt dedicated xbow men.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 04:41:36 am »
Just remove all ranged.  Only 2handers and polearms are allowed to get kills. 

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 04:44:50 am »
Just remove all ranged.  Only 2handers and polearms are allowed to get kills.

Huh  :?:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 04:47:54 am »
IMO as ex dedicated sniper with mw arbalest and from what i talked with my friend Dark Karma, prolly the best dedicated sniper xbower, simply putting an accuracy nerf to low wpf would get rid of the problem. So unless you put some points into xbow wpf, you should not be able to aim shit. The other solution would be to do like to throwers (best way IMO): a wpf requirement. The higher tier the xbow is, the more wpf it requires.
Something like : no req for hunting, 50 for light, 75 for regular, 100 for heavy and 125 for arbalest.

75 is quite easy to reach so it would not gimp too much an hybrid and it will make sure not everybody as a regular xbow in his pocket. Anyway light xbow is still really viable if u dont want to spend much in xbow wpf. But thats only my opinion! Feel free to discuss!