Author Topic: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?  (Read 25216 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:00 pm »
Throwing is OP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2011, 05:10:46 pm »
Throwing is OP.

What?! IT IS?!?! My god, we have to stop it before it can harm 2 handers!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:12:28 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:51 pm »
Throwing is OP.

What?! IT IS?!?! My god, we have to stop it before it can harm 2 handers!
[sarcasm]I agree. 2 handers spend all this money on armor + weapons and then some scrubby peasant wearing rags lands a spear in their head! It's not 'FAIR'!  2h should be autowin against all ranged. I mean that's what swords were good at historically is blocking projectiles. [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:27:19 pm by Lichen »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2011, 03:58:09 am »
[sarcasm]I agree. 2 handers spend all this money on armor + weapons and then some scrubby peasant wearing rags lands a spear in their head! It's not 'FAIR'!  2h should be autowin against all ranged. I mean that's what swords were good at historically is blocking projectiles. [/sarcasm]

Indeed they are/were.  L2Melee.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2011, 06:35:00 am »
Addressing the title of the thread, I have some suggestions:

-Reduce number of projectiles in a stack. 2 Throwing Axes should be reduced to 1.
-Add higher WPP requirements (120 to use daggers is a good start)
-Increase number of slots (Lances and spears = 4, Throwing Axes/Javelins/Jarids = 3, Throwing Stars/Knives = 2).
-Increase price- no throwing item should be under 10k.

This should all help to make throwing more useless. Thank you.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2011, 07:21:00 am »
Addressing the title of the thread, I have some suggestions:

-Reduce number of projectiles in a stack. 2 Throwing Axes should be reduced to 1.
-Add higher WPP requirements (120 to use daggers is a good start)
-Increase number of slots (Lances and spears = 4, Throwing Axes/Javelins/Jarids = 3, Throwing Stars/Knives = 2).
-Increase price- no throwing item should be under 10k.

This should all help to make throwing more useless. Thank you.

^
This.  Well done mate.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2011, 07:41:03 pm »
L2Melee. 
I know you are joking but I do actually know how to melee quite well. Believe it or not some of us can play something other than melee and enjoy the game in different ways by adding more variety. I'm tired of the endless whining about ranged. Do we hear endless whining about 2h/pole users cutting through foes like a scythe through wheat? I will say this: L2play/quit whining. Have any of you ever played any older games like the original unreal tournament for example? That game was ALL about SKILL and whiny noobs either got good or left. There was not this endless in game whining of 'Ohh thiz is OP remove/nerf crap' In fact I can't even remember ANY whining now that I think back. I guess nowdays many players prefer to take the EASY route and whine for eternity instead of to actually become skilled and adapt. Quit whining. L2adapt.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »
Have any of you ever played any older games like the original unreal tournament for example?

Ironic that the entire point that's been made in the thread was that all of the ranged guys are trying to play an FPS rather than enjoy the ONLY melee combat game out, and then you use a FPS to make your point.   :mrgreen:

Which begs the question:  Why the fuck don't all the ranged go play a goddamned proper FPS rather than playing an FPS where half the people don't have a gun to shoot back.... owait, easy targets.

*Whoops, my bad.  Thought this was the "We're back at counterstrike medieval" thread.  lol*
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:09:27 pm by Gorath »

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »
Dedicated throwers are still fucking scary if you ask me... "Pebble Pusher" anyone? He makes me flee these days when throwing is supposed to be nerfed beyond oblivion. The fact that someone would want a person like that buffed is beyond my comprehension.
That rock thrower definitely caught my attention, I have no idea how many tincans got stoned to death by him, lol.

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2011, 12:53:17 am »
Thing is dedicated throwers need to know how to block because they have to get so close to the fighting.

Not to mention the potential to run out of ammo rediculously fast.

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2011, 01:56:51 am »
That rock thrower definitely caught my attention, I have no idea how many tincans got stoned to death by him, lol.

11 blunt, even with 10 PT, doesn't do enough damage to hurt tincans unless it's a headshot. In which case it does like 2-3 damage tops.

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2011, 01:59:30 am »
Ironic that the entire point that's been made in the thread was that all of the ranged guys are trying to play an FPS rather than enjoy the ONLY melee combat game out, and then you use a FPS to make your point.   :mrgreen:

Which begs the question:  Why the fuck don't all the ranged go play a goddamned proper FPS rather than playing an FPS where half the people don't have a gun to shoot back.... owait, easy targets.

*Whoops, my bad.  Thought this was the "We're back at counterstrike medieval" thread.  lol*

Why would someone who is so biased towards their spec (melee) want to completely remove all forms of ranged combat of which he cannot participate in? This is a new and exciting argument that I have never seen before in my entire life. It's like if a guy can't hit a curve ball, he wants to get it banned from MLB, amazing. I'm surprised this type of argument has never been made before.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2011, 02:06:23 am »

Why would someone who is so biased towards their spec (melee) want to completely remove all forms of ranged combat of which he cannot participate in? This is a new and exciting argument that I have never seen before in my entire life. It's like if a guy can't hit a curve ball, he wants to get it banned from MLB, amazing. I'm surprised this type of argument has never been made before.

Go play Quake/CS/MoH/CoD/Halo/UT/TF2/etc etc etc etc ffs then?  No?
Oh yeah, because there everyone can shoot back at you instead of being helpless as they try to cross the field hiding behind a shield or running zig zags with a melee weapon.

Btw, that's the most fail analogy I've ever heard from a non-lljk member.  Though it's expected from them and excusable.  In this case it's just shameful.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:07:38 am by Gorath »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2011, 02:28:10 am »
I agree throwing was overnerfed, BUT let's not forget what dedicated throwing is like:

They're the HA of the ground, dedicated kiters who have the potential (see: buff) of great cav defence/great damage (javelins), or great amounts of ammo/accuracy (knives/stones). My opinion (as I play dedicated pole) may be biased, but a server full of those... (countered by friendly archers mind you) Not so much fun.

IMO (sorry Cheap_Shot), throwing and xbows need to switch roles abit. I would like to see throwing being a cheap, easy to use, very low ammo backup weapon for infantry who wants abit of effective cav defence/extra dmg on 2h or poles/ranged shieldbreaking/chance of lucky HS. (While giving xbows some more restrictions, but that's another thread)

Chasing/shooting running throwers all day does not sound like fun gameplay tbh.

I'm not saying throwing should not be buffed... Idd it got hit too hard by the nerfbat, I just feel like the community should think twice before deciding that dedicated throwing should be fotm^^

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:31:45 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2011, 02:31:45 am »
Go play Quake/CS/MoH/CoD/Halo/UT/TF2/etc etc etc etc ffs then?  No?
Oh yeah, because there everyone can shoot back at you instead of being helpless as they try to cross the field hiding behind a shield or running zig zags with a melee weapon.

Btw, that's the most fail analogy I've ever heard from a non-lljk member.  Though it's expected from them and excusable.  In this case it's just shameful.

Because there are soooooooo many open fields on the NA maps......