Author Topic: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?  (Read 24974 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:40 pm »
14 was much too high dontgothere. It actually encouraged hybrids because a pure thrower was no longer obtainable. I personally think 12-13 wpf per pt would be more fair.

What wasn't done fairly was refusing to allow people to redesign their character after the patch. While many people, myself included, had designed their characters to be effective during the January patch, the may patch came around and absolutely destroyed many throwers because of the wpf requirement. Much of the mob-anger towards the dev team could have easily been avoided if they allowed players to respec their now-broken characters to something that worked with the current patch.

Additionally, they overnerfed throwing again.
they implemented 2 changes to throwers
1) Throwing stack size reduced
2) Most throwing weapons now took up 2 slots

Either one of these by themselves would have been fine, but both of them was nearly the final nail in the coffin. The last useable throwing weapon, war darts, was nerfed into oblivion a few days later, but cutting its stack size nearly in half.

I disagree with your moral assumption that getting more players to use melee is a plus. In fact, I think that makes the variety of characters in cRPG very homogenous, which is a very bad thing. Additionally, throwers had a role they needed to fulfill: risky short-ranged unit that was one of the best classes to take out horses. Throwing gets removed, and to no surprise at all, see a MASSIVE influx of cavalry players.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:00 pm »
Going up against a thrower is by far the easiest thing in this game. You only need to strafe side to side for a few seconds if you really feel like dodging. You can still run at them anyways since they'll probably miss, and they can't stall very long due to their crappy ammo numbers.

Throwing imo needs a huge buff because otherwise they're a waste of space.

This is my current point of view after having a thrower as my first generation, then switching to a more viable pure build over the next few generations.

I think PT*10-11 is already high enough. The limit shouldn't really be a crippling effect, but should just discourage blatant overuse.

If you're trying to get 10 PT, it leaves little wpf to hybridize without making many sacrifices.

Increasing difficulty, and rebuffing the damage/ammo would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:33:41 pm by san. »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »
Dealy throwing combination:

3 Throwers with the following build:

30/9
7 IF, 10 PT, 3 Ath and 3 WM.
Just under 140 wpf in throwing

Weapon of choice:
Throwing rocks.

Works against archers and melee alike. Too bad it takes about 5 hits to kill an archer in a leather jerkin and A LOT of hits to kill anyone in mail armour.
Also one disadvantage: You need to keep hitting your target to stun him every time and chip away his hp until he drops. 1 missed throw could mean the death of all of the throwers.

Pro:
Upkeep isn't that bad, since you need to wear less than 7 kg in weight from armour and rocks aren't that expensive  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:52 pm »
Throwing for hybrid users is terrible right now.  Damage is fine though.

To balance...

Increase ammo slightly (3 throwing axes instead of 2, 4 war darts instead of 3, ect).

OR

Increase accuracy a bit.  Take 100 wpf in throwing and just TRY to hit anyone with a war dart that isn't at point-blank range, standing still.  It's impossible without a lot of luck.  Even at only 10 ft away, it is very, very hard to get those things to stick.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:30:47 pm by Garison »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2011, 08:55:43 pm »
Dealy throwing combination:

3 Throwers with the following build:

30/9
7 IF, 10 PT, 3 Ath and 3 WM.
Just under 140 wpf in throwing

Weapon of choice:
Throwing rocks.

Works against archers and melee alike. Too bad it takes about 5 hits to kill an archer in a leather jerkin and A LOT of hits to kill anyone in mail armour.
Also one disadvantage: You need to keep hitting your target to stun him every time and chip away his hp until he drops. 1 missed throw could mean the death of all of the throwers.

Pro:
Upkeep isn't that bad, since you need to wear less than 7 kg in weight from armour and rocks aren't that expensive  :lol:

according to Paul, a member of the game unbalancing team, rocks are "too effective"  :lol:

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think I'll just take the same stance on posting in/reading this forum section as the rest of the balancing team.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2011, 10:24:04 pm »

I think I'll just take the same stance on posting in/reading this forum section as the rest of the balancing team.
The way you said that dosent sound good at all, as if the dev dont care about the people who play the game.
i know/hope you guys do and only you are giving up lol because who ever nerffed throwing to shit, yet was so willing to buff the xbow must have been drunk
i also hope you were joking when you said a 10pt rock thrower was good. It is funny and it can kill but it is not a good build at all. You die to sheilds,range,2handers and ponys
you are better off pumping IF/PS 10 and killing with a staff or 0slot hammer...dagger
I also seen alot of xbow pony riders lol i belive his name "is this is gayness" and he has like 9ride lol

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:15 pm »

That seems to be working out really well. Good thing I'm not playing crpg as much anymore or I might be more angry. You were my only hope for the balancing team, but it seems like fasatard has rubbed off on you. I don't know how this balancing team was formed/elected/chosen, but except for the slot system, they have only made the game worse. I was already banned from IRC for voicing my opinions on how poor the balancing team is at doing their jobs (specifically fasaderp) and if voicing my opinion here does the same, so be it.

Here are some more confidence inspiring comments from the balancing team:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2011, 11:04:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

That really explains a lot.

assuming its not photoshoped.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:38 pm »
shik seems to be an ok dev, but paul is a troll who shows at times not to be able to do his job. Even other dev say rocks suck yet paul trolls the people on forms saying they are good. wasting our time and his own when he could be helping the game grow. I do admit, that pual helps on the forms alot. He talks to people and post what he knows about how the game runs. but am starting to feel fasaway dosnt nothing good at all. He is a grow man acting like a kid to get laughs. The best pick for someone to help fix a game? To troll pubs and laugh while just braking the game more then helping it. Cant wait for battlefield 3 to hit stores  :mrgreen:
poor jacob ban for talking about how to help the game... watch out tho i know balton was ban forever.
( i know we cant see all that happend but if this is real, it is sad to see a man with power pick on some one with out it. Well done Fasaway, you are a dick
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:34:21 pm by Native_ATS »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2011, 11:33:51 pm »
poor jacob ban for talking about how to help the game...

I would also put all my trust in one screenshot from the banned person. :lol:

I'm not familiar with the story of the ban, but I would take that one with a pinch of salt. Having said that, throwing will get buffed according to cmp. Wait in excitement, guys.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2011, 11:39:23 pm »
I would also put all my trust in one screenshot from the banned person. :lol:

I'm not familiar with the story of the ban, but I would take that one with a pinch of salt. Having said that, throwing will get buffed according to cmp. Wait in excitement, guys.
i know what you mean but is it ok for some one with power to be a dick? when am admining on the severs, i have to act grown. i cant abuse my power because then Not only am i a dick but i make the rest of the admins look bad.
Idk how it works on IRC or w/e but i know that we cant do dumb shit like that.
anyways i am not looking in excitement because the lance is being removed but i belive you when u say throwing will be upped a bit.
also how will it work if you heirloomed your throwing lance? havent got an answer about it yet -.-
thank you Gurnisson for the good news anyways  :D

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2011, 01:15:17 am »
That seems to be working out really well. Good thing I'm not playing crpg as much anymore or I might be more angry. You were my only hope for the balancing team, but it seems like fasatard has rubbed off on you. I don't know how this balancing team was formed/elected/chosen, but except for the slot system, they have only made the game worse. I was already banned from IRC for voicing my opinions on how poor the balancing team is at doing their jobs (specifically fasaderp) and if voicing my opinion here does the same, so be it.

Here are some more confidence inspiring comments from the balancing team:

(click to show/hide)

I wholeheartedly  agree with this comment and propose immediate sacking of the current "balancing" team (Fasader, Shik, Urist) and installing a new one, made of renown and respected names like: Team_Jacob, Tears of Destiny and Tzar. Can someone add a poll on this ? 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:18:19 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2011, 01:37:00 am »
I wholeheartedly  agree with this comment and propose immediate sacking of the current "balancing" team (Fasader, Shik, Urist) and installing a new one, made of renown and respected names like: Team_Jacob, Tears of Destiny and Tzar. Can someone add a poll on this ?

Don't bother, I'll make three threads

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2011, 02:03:22 am »

Hmm, while I have proven that I can babble bullshit with the best of them, I don't think you want me balancing. Need to replace my name with someone equally, ah, renown, and eh, respected (can hardly keep a straight face there) but is worse at item balancing then me. I have yet to make a trollish thread about any sort of item balance, perhaps this is a sign that I need to start.... all of my threads in suggestions were met with open arms, damnit....

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.