Author Topic: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft  (Read 45792 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »
+2
lol, the people that "overused" the retirement system before AND after the wipe are the very same people who will be at the top of the "time spent in game" list.
sorry, but you don't understand the point...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2011, 11:31:28 pm »
+1
lol, the people that "overused" the retirement system before AND after the wipe are the very same people who will be at the top of the "time spent in game" list.

hey I've only played this 906 hours on cRPG, thats not that much
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2011, 12:21:22 am »
+1
I don't think people should be punished for having exploited the flaws of retirement, they spent hours of playing because they were told they could get a bonus for it, afterall. So deleting those features seems unfair to me. I don't think it's genius-like to find a system that could both :

- satisfy grinders and arcade gamers
- protect itself from overusage in a subtle way (no cap)
- gives small advantages on the long term but hurts much on the short term

Currently it's so easy to go from 1 to 30 that the third point is clearly failed.
Retirement xp bonus goes higher and higher, and each retirement becomes faster the higher you get, so point 2 is also clearly not reached.
I don't know about the first thing.

So now, on the constructive part, what about :

- Same xp curve.
- You can retire at level 31.
- You get no xp bonus for retirement for levels under the retiring limit.
- When you are at least 31 on your gen2 character, you get a nice 32% more xp. Each gen gives (1,3 + 0,01*(gen-1)) the xp the previous gen gave. Some numbers :

Gen 1 : 1000 xp
Gen 2 : 1310 xp
Gen 3 : 1729 xp

(Don't forget it's only for levels above 31)

- The xp cost of level 31 is multiplied by (1,3 + 0,01*(gen-1)) each time you retire. Xp costs of levels above 31 doesn't change (it still takes roughly 8M xp to go from 31 to 32, but it goes significantly faster because you have the xp bonus)

So retiring is the fastest route to high levels, but reaching level 31 will be slower each time you retire.

A nice addition could be giving 1 more attribute and skill point at the character creation, because most people are going to spend ridiculous amounts of time at level 30.

Offline Bl0rk

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Pixel Paladins !
  • Game nicks: Royce252
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »
+1
That sounds not so bad, only problem will be, that somebody on, for example, generation 5 or so will get a large amount of xp after reaching 31. Maybe then he continues playing, cause leveling goes fast with this "over 31 xp bonus". And then... he will be a big badass character with overpowered stats... Just imagine a level 40 build...  :?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03:49 pm »
+1
That sounds not so bad, only problem will be, that somebody on, for example, generation 5 or so will get a large amount of xp after reaching 31. Maybe then he continues playing, cause leveling goes fast with this "over 31 xp bonus". And then... he will be a big badass character with overpowered stats... Just imagine a level 40 build...  :?

lvl 40 wuild still require 500 mil exp, so even thoguh you get 2'normal, it'll take 6 months instead of a year if you play 10 hours/day...

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »
+1
I donĀ“t understand the problem right now.
If you do think retiring is to fast:

make it so you only can once per week

or

make a xp cap

or

make a system in which each generation gives less xp-bonus added
(gen 1 +10% gen 2 + 9,5 etc...)

There are so many solutions.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »
+1
Just make it so that there is no extra xp bonus past 10 generations
And I support the time limit
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »
+1
I was surprised the 1 week limit was removed as this was going to happen when people got to high gen.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26:05 pm »
+1
I heard somewhere that there is limit for XP gain per tick...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »
+1
I heard somewhere that there is limit for XP gain per tick...

I think I heard it too... Very high gen character said they got the same amount of xp with a 5x and a 4x multiplier for example.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »
+1
I think I heard it too... Very high gen character said they got the same amount of xp with a 5x and a 4x multiplier for example.

well, i've spoken with a gen 24 or something who just got amazing amounts of exp... retired every 1-3 days

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »
+1
so my soon to be 4 heirlooms will be taken down to 1?
... Again?

Ummm, what's this? Where they have said that that heirlooms are again taken away?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »
+2
I think chadz created this system for grinders because in reality, even if every single thing you possessed was triple heirloomed, its actually a rather small advantage in the grand scheme of things.  Having +12 body armor will not stop you from dying (anyone can get the same level of armor if they are willing to pay the upkeep or wear it less often, unless you are heirlooming the lame looking black armor, which very few do because of upkeep and it doesnt stop them from dying), +5 damage, +2 speed will not make you a God on the battlefield with your sword (92 to 94 speed is like a 2% difference).  The experience cap is astronomical so even with a huge xp bonus nearing the cap you would only get at best +1 powerstrike and IF with +3 strength for the extra 3 levels before the xp requirements starts entering the billions.  None of these diffeences are at all game breaking or come even close to it, which is what chadz planned when he switched it from the pre-patch retirement.  If you don't want any levelling/retiring and all equipment exactly the same as everybody elses, native is always available, but as of now its not a broken system.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »
+1
I think chadz created this system for grinders because in reality, even if every single thing you possessed was triple heirloomed, its actually a rather small advantage in the grand scheme of things.  Having +12 body armor will not stop you from dying (anyone can get the same level of armor if they are willing to pay the upkeep or wear it less often, unless you are heirlooming the lame looking black armor, which very few do because of upkeep and it doesnt stop them from dying), +5 damage, +2 speed will not make you a God on the battlefield with your sword (92 to 94 speed is like a 2% difference).  The experience cap is astronomical so even with a huge xp bonus nearing the cap you would only get at best +1 powerstrike and IF with +3 strength for the extra 3 levels before the xp requirements starts entering the billions.  None of these diffeences are at all game breaking or come even close to it, which is what chadz planned when he switched it from the pre-patch retirement.  If you don't want any levelling/retiring and all equipment exactly the same as everybody elses, native is always available, but as of now its not a broken system.

+1

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »
+1

+12 body armor makes the difference. It's like playing in plate that can be used all the time.
"Clava curva pie vinco"