Author Topic: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft  (Read 45828 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2011, 04:04:48 pm »
Alltough I don't support kill based rewards because it has been found just terrible gamewise everyone rushing for getting the killstrike.

Again, this is why I suggested the hybrid system, mixing what we have now with what we had before. Before, it wasn't kill-based. It was proximity-based. Being outside of XP proximity, however, could be overcome by firing the killshot(in the case of an archer).
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2011, 04:38:29 pm »
+1
current xp system is better than anything you guys suggest, only thing that needs to be put again is a week/two weeks period of time before you can retire, so that higher gens wont be retiring every two-three days

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »
+1
Hmmm, funny though how much free time people have. I'm gen 11 and it takes me about 1 week to get to lvl 31.... I wonder how people can be so no-life that can get 8 million xp on one day.  :shock: The xp system prob. would need little bit tweaking. Alltough I don't support kill based rewards because it has been found just terrible gamewise everyone rushing for getting the killstrike.

Unless u can guarantee 11 straight hours of times five even a gen 20 can't retire in a day and for a gen twelve like me still takes me about two weeks and I play a decent amount just not in primetime hours due to wife and kid

Even for high generations its gonna take literal days of playtime on the average multi because I have yet to see even any so called alarm listers get hours of times five in a row mostly its small runs of either side not many team win streaks overall
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »
+1
Unless u can guarantee 11 straight hours of times five even a gen 20 can't retire in a day and for a gen twelve like me still takes me about two weeks and I play a decent amount just not in primetime hours due to wife and kid

Even for high generations its gonna take literal days of playtime on the average multi because I have yet to see even any so called alarm listers get hours of times five in a row mostly its small runs of either side not many team win streaks overall

Goretooth has been retiring about once every 1-2 days for a good time now.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
+1

Siege is different. And I believe some people leave when they lose the multiplier to go to another server and win it there.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:27 pm »
+1
Goretooth has been retiring about once every 1-2 days for a good time now.

This was a lie the first time u said it have u talked to.him I have

Btw gorath was spreading that but listening to my clan master and believing it is a mistake
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:13:46 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2011, 12:10:05 am »
+1
By that logic, there is no reason to change the current system. If your only argument for it is motivation to win the round, that already exists in the current incarnation of cRPG. Win round = More XP = closer to retirement with bonus. It wouldn't be any different with "rounds won". Since people consider it mostly random based on who they get autobalanced with, the result will be approximately the same as it is now.

If you disagree; Calculate the time it takes to get to level 31 with a x1 multiplier. It's obscene.

EDIT: I did it for you. 145 hours of play time. That is an incredible amount of grinding for any casual player, equal to working a full-time job for 4 weeks.

You are right, and this is what I noticed while I was thinking about it on work, too. (My job is not really challenging  :lol: )

My solution: you get a special heirloom score. Each won round adds 2 points, each lost round removes one.

Would this help?  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2011, 04:04:28 pm »
+1
This was a lie the first time u said it have u talked to.him I have

Btw gorath was spreading that but listening to my clan master and believing it is a mistake

Don't be silly. We talk to Goretooth too, you know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »
+2
Hmmm, funny though how much free time people have. I'm gen 11 and it takes me about 1 week to get to lvl 31.... I wonder how people can be so no-life that can get 8 million xp on one day.  :shock: The xp system prob. would need little bit tweaking. Alltough I don't support kill based rewards because it has been found just terrible gamewise everyone rushing for getting the killstrike.

The gen xp bonus makes it possible, for example even you at gen11 can make 1-31 in the same time a gen1 makes 1-30. Now imagine the xp someone who is gen 20+ gets and 1-31 in 24h seems very likely.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:34 pm »
+2
the problem was that geting gen bonus was very easy before the wipe and this bonus stayed - this means that some people started with gen 1 (those that had high lvl character that haven't retired) while others started with gen 10. those that retired before the wipe on "daily basis" (were kinda abusing/overusing the retirement system) are those that benefit from the wipe.

this is the problem
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Hardlegend

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Legend92
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »
+1
so my soon to be 4 heirlooms will be taken down to 1?
... Again?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »
+1
the problem was that geting gen bonus was very easy before the wipe and this bonus stayed - this means that some people started with gen 1 (those that had high lvl character that haven't retired) while others started with gen 10. those that retired before the wipe on "daily basis" (were kinda abusing/overusing the retirement system) are those that benefit from the wipe.

this is the problem

Rescaling XP gain to reduce gen bonus is the way, really.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »
+1
so my soon to be 4 heirlooms will be taken down to 1?
... Again?

again and again and again until you are numb to the pain
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »
+2
Rescaling XP gain to reduce gen bonus is the way, really.
if anything than just count the time spent ingame with a character, transform it into xp, transform xp into some number of gen/loom bonus and thats all. than everybody will have bonus based on time spent ingame and not on how much he overused retirement system before the wipe.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »
if anything than just count the time spent ingame with a character, transform it into xp, transform xp into some number of gen/loom bonus and thats all. than everybody will have bonus based on time spent ingame and not on how much he overused retirement system before the wipe.

lol, the people that "overused" the retirement system before AND after the wipe are the very same people who will be at the top of the "time spent in game" list.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.