Author Topic: NA servers need... another admin  (Read 3718 times)

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA servers need... another admin
« on: June 02, 2018, 03:32:54 am »
+13
After years of openly mocking all admins and would-be admins (except the developers) I finally see that they are a necessary element of healthy servers. I know that's a shocking concept to a lot of you after all you have seen over the years, but it's really the truth.

It's about enforcing basic rules to keep people playing, through verbal warning first and foremost. I firmly believe if we had an admin that wasn't afraid of drawing their fellow players/friends ire or losing strategus merc support (its a very sad reality) and attempted to the best of his/hers ability to follow an unbiased code of ethics, it would keep people wanting to play more often.

With that being said, I believe I can perform that task. Over the years I have seen a lot of admins, and if I was an admin I would attempt to emulate a system like Artyems or Sparvicos, with a softer final touch like Bronto. Sample system I would follow in game:

1. Initial verbal warning upon witnessing an obvious infraction
2. second verbal warning if necessary explaining that a kick will follow
3. kicked from the server
4. final verbal warning that they will be temporarily banned if behavior does not change
5. 20 minute ban

That is a system for in game administration to deal with team killers and egregious delayers/bro coders. Simple verbal warning I have often seen stop delayers and bro coders when admins try to enforce those rules.  I would not be a word police unless it is offending a player enough to complain in admin chat, in which case I would follow the system above with the mute function replacing the kick from step 3.

I would like a chance as a trial in-game admin. All of my administrator actions can and should be scrutinized by the other admins and the crpg community and if I do a poor job my admin powers should be removed.

I can be contacted most readily on discord @ HebrewNational#5051
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 08:28:47 pm by chesterotab »

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: NA servers need... another admin
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:39:01 am »
+2
Agree

Make me admin too
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:45:22 am »
give the man a chance
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 03:46:47 am »
Today 3 people bro coded to stop me from attacking one of them. Two of them were on my team. This person then delays for the rest of the round while other people bro code them. It's lame and stupid.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 03:51:01 am »
Someone afk in spawn? "Oh the flags will go up eventually" flags bug. "oh just go kill them in the spawn" thats the current admin stance on bullshit and it needs to stop. Gallo hasnt done a single fucking thing as admin and he's lvl 37

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 03:53:27 am »
congrats Chester and Zeus on your newly awakened powers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:23:35 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 03:59:30 am »
Bro coding is just so disheartening to see. I really believe some admin chat warnings would cut down on it.

▲ ▲

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 04:12:42 am »
+6
You are right, we do need some active admins. Chesterotab and Zeus are the newest addition to the NA Admin team.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline N1PS

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA Ravens, EU Nords
  • Game nicks: SP1N, N1PS
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 05:18:41 am »
+3
I have a toaster with a timer on it, can it be an admin too?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:35 am »
+4
see you at the washed-up former admin party in 2 months my friend

Offline Viscount

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player
  • Lol
    • View Profile
  • Faction: All The Above.
  • Game nicks: GrimReaper
  • IRC nick: TheViscount
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 06:50:26 am »
It's about enforcing basic rules to keep people playing, through verbal warning first and foremost. I firmly believe if we had an admin that wasn't afraid of drawing their fellow players/friends ire or losing strategus merc support (its a very sad reality) and attempted to the best of his/hers ability to follow an unbiased code of ethics, it would keep people wanting to play more often.

But you are deeply related on helping out your friends and pretty much lying to admins, just as that one siege in strategus vs allers
When duckles placed construction items and you kept breaking rules when I had to called professor and Cajun, you guys kept lying on someone else doing it, and was caught in video doing it.

And you wanting 4 warnings for someone to say something bad just gives them more power on wanting to say it at least a few times a day.
You are encourging more people if they have more times to say it.
to just make you to keep warning them time after time. while a simple warning and a mute and then a temp ban would help more.
Honestly why would we want to keep making people want to say the word more if all their gonna get is get more freebies for 15 more minutes on a ban.

5 minute bans won't kill the population or make people quit crpg. If you guys really are complaing about that, then holy shit what are you a fucking 9 year old. a 20 minute ban is likely for a player to not even come back and play for the current population, you can watch a whole tv episode in 20 minutes.

My points are why encourge people to break rules and have 4 chances to do it. just for you to keep warning them. and only get a 20 minute ban and not join back.
And why would we keep an admin if all he does is care deeply about his trouble making friends and lie to admins and some players for his own needs, and just wants to encourge people saying something stupid when they know whats gonna happen.

𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥. 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕥.
Start with Gate or Arslan Senki

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 07:58:12 am »
+3

We all partake in things occasionally just for the hell of it. Give him a chance. I've never had any real issues with him in the 5 years I was an admin and harmless trolling isn't that big of a deal even less so on a strat battle a total of 8 people attended.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 08:31:09 am »
+6
we've already organized a false flag operation in which an undisclosed agent simultaneously spews racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/islamophobic/bigoted rhetoric while actively teamkilling until last alive at which point he/she will delay

this will ensure perception of Agent 00tab as a good actor and reliable unbiased admin after he permabans the culprit- all the better for heinous ends

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 09:07:45 am »

I'm going to be honest here, I have a hard time discerning your actual point/s. I still believe warnings and having dialogues with players will help cut down on rule breaking. if someone is memeing on my system intentionally and repeatedly breaking the same rules they out themselves as repeat problems offenders and will be handled differently.

▲ ▲

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 09:13:33 am »
+5
Someone afk in spawn? "Oh the flags will go up eventually" flags bug. "oh just go kill them in the spawn" thats the current admin stance on bullshit and it needs to stop. Gallo hasnt done a single fucking thing as admin and he's lvl 37

Oh please, you'd be the first one to bitch if I started handing out warnings and bans for every perceived infraction.