No wipe yet
Melee needs tweeks
There isn't enough new content
Ranged is under powered
Nothing will make me play again
The game needs tweaks that aren't listed
I got a life
Give them run

Author Topic: EU: Why aren't you playing?  (Read 5958 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: EU: Why aren't you playing?
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 05:12:30 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

The only way this is real is if it exploits the autoblock cheat by attacking as soon as it lowers its block, or something to that effect. You can't download a cheat that completely rewrites the server-side collision detection. In other words, it won't work on someone who just blocks normally.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this video was just entirely fake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 05:16:06 pm »
I see you mostly play DTV, but once in a while I saw you also on EU1. You always switched to spec right before dying or when you had to fight someone 1v1, I remember you running away from me for a whole minute while someone from my team was standing at the flag, another time you were standing still and left the game when I was getting closer and started a swing.
This is getting off topic, but I remember that: I had no health left and your team had won anyway, so was I supposed to walk out and be killed so you could put Hot Chick's head on your wall? The trouble is that once the brief explosion in numbers was over, EU1 became once again a server with about 10 duellists, mostly 2H or polearm players: one or two may have been cheating to keep pace with the ultra-hardcore players but it almost doesn't matter: always getting killed and being on perpetual x1 gets boring for anyone else and so, like me, people just quit or go spec - or they turn to using hacks. I'm not blaming the duellists for being good at what they do, but the fall in numbers make it no fun for anyone else who isn't prepared to cheat to keep pace.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 05:39:52 pm »
+1
The only way this is real is if it exploits the autoblock cheat by attacking as soon as it lowers its block, or something to that effect. You can't download a cheat that completely rewrites the server-side collision detection. In other words, it won't work on someone who just blocks normally.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this video was just entirely fake.

Unblockable Attacks
This hack works by exploiting an engine bug and is currently the most game breaking cheat out there.
The hack triggers after the player starts a melee attack, it simply executes the attack from a different direction (which the weapon does not support).
The engine executes the invalid attack, but keeps playing the animation of the initial attack/direction.
So it's impossible for other players to block the attack.

Players in cRPG are crazy good so I doubt if there is, or rather was as mo_d is dea_d, any real issue with using any of the available cheats.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:44:46 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »
+2
Players in cRPG are crazy good so I doubt if there is, or rather was as mo_d is dea_d, any real issue with using any of the available cheats.

Interesting... I wonder if that bug ever got patched. Anyways, I've definitely never encountered someone using this (or any similar) cheats in crpg as it'd be fairly obvious, tbh, and there's only ever been one instance where I'm convinced that someone was using macros. Back in the day I think there was someone that got banned for autoblocking, but even then in a heavily populated server it wasn't all that oppressive as they could still get ganked. For the most part, people complaining about hacks just need to git gud.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2018, 08:04:33 pm »
Interesting... I wonder if that bug ever got patched. Anyways, I've definitely never encountered someone using this (or any similar) cheats in crpg as it'd be fairly obvious, tbh, and there's only ever been one instance where I'm convinced that someone was using macros. Back in the day I think there was someone that got banned for autoblocking, but even then in a heavily populated server it wasn't all that oppressive as they could still get ganked. For the most part, people complaining about hacks just need to git gud.

Crymoar?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2018, 08:14:21 pm »
I would play EU after work but mainly don't because I don't see others on EU1. Is there an EU1 steamgroup?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:24 pm »
Crymoar?

Idk... I was referring to Harmless_Peasant. Only ever heard rumors of their banning, not even sure if they were true or not. But they did disappear rather suddenly when they had previously been a siege regular.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:08 pm »
+1
Back in 2011 or 2012 there were quite a few people being banned for using the autoblock cheat, chadz posted a list of them. I didn't even know about this "unblockable" cheat, and I very rarely play as a 2H on EU1 anyway, but it does explain why I have been obviously hit through blocks in Native and why on one or two occasions I've successfully defended even when I know I made a wrong block.

As I said, there is a "suite" of hacks available from a site somewhere which includes; autoblocking, clipping through walls,  an aimbot, speed hack and zoom-out. I am also 99% sure there's another hack which uses the "allow bot headshots" code: if you play a lot of DTV you may notice bots always shoot you in the chest and then the game turns it into a headshot... I started to notice this happening in Native and the clincher was one day in a Deathmatch there was an archer topping the kills table with headshot after headshot after headshot. I took a 2H and ran at him, bending over like I would against a DTV bot and now this amazing archer put every shot over my head, just like a bot would. I killed him.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 10:01:15 pm »
Idk... I was referring to Harmless_Peasant. Only ever heard rumors of their banning, not even sure if they were true or not. But they did disappear rather suddenly when they had previously been a siege regular.

Yeah same. Only rumors but they did disappear very quickly. Who knows.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 10:23:48 pm »
+1
it does explain why I have been obviously hit through blocks in Native and why on one or two occasions I've successfully defended even when I know I made a wrong block.

Uh yeah, 99.999% of those are due to lag. Either way, why complain about Native being full of hackers when you can instead be working towards repopulating a hacker-free EU crpg?

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:07 am »
Uh yeah, 99.999% of those are due to lag. Either way, why complain about Native being full of hackers when you can instead be working towards repopulating a hacker-free EU crpg?
Most are due to lag - although that wouldn't explain why the wrong block works - but there's been an occasional attack which has gone through a clearly correct and in place block. I've never said it was "full of hackers" just that there are obviously a minority of players who clearly are hacking and it's wrong to say that nobody is a cheat.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 12:06:14 am »
+1
If it's obvious why aren't they being reported. Seems like you could shut this down easily with a recording software and some time.

The obvious cheats being used are more likely texture changes like the gay purple arrows and transparent walls, not autoblock and aimbots, both of which are pretty fucking useless. The only people using them on cRPG were nameless nobodies who sucked terribly at the game.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 12:09:24 am »
+1

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 12:18:30 am »
+1
Speaking of, is cRPG still monitoring autoblock usage, or was that one of cmp's personal pet projects?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 01:51:36 am »
+1
Most are due to lag - although that wouldn't explain why the wrong block works - but there's been an occasional attack which has gone through a clearly correct and in place block. I've never said it was "full of hackers" just that there are obviously a minority of players who clearly are hacking and it's wrong to say that nobody is a cheat.
How long ago did you see all this was it before or after Warband & GKtdm added the anti cheat program sometime mid to late last year?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die