Friday
22 (26.8%)
Saturday
30 (36.6%)
Sunday
15 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: March 04, 2018, 11:50:09 pm

Author Topic: Low server populations (poll)  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Low server populations (poll)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 12:22:55 pm »
+1
Yeah you alone literally killed it  :cry:

To be fair youve hated on clanstacking, teamplay, competitive weaponry etc. And youve worked hard to build one of the worst personalities in the game, which is impressive in its own right i suppose, but healthy? nah. We (byz) usually funnel our hate into Kenda on teamspeak, but whenever someone ventures to the forums we all somehow fight our urge to hate on Kenda and instead it gets aimed at how retarded most of your posts are.

What you and Mercs did, literally forced players on EU1 to either join your clan stack, or be forced to play forever on X1.

You mass recruited anyone who had some skill to your clan, you merged with a clan that had very very good players (even more clan stacking for you and your spastic clan). You speak about teamplay, while all you did was only clanstacking.

Competitive weapons? Oh, you mean pikes & spears that you and most of your clanmates use? The ones that can abuse by stabhugging people and do 360 turns? Yeah, really competitive.

I consider my personality to be really fair actually, I am on really good terms with people who I consider to be good people, and I hate on spastics like you, corsair, xesta, RIP, leshma, etc etc etc etc. Hell, Im almost on discord helping new players with tips and stuff, where the fuck are you?

Cut your holier than thou attitude with me, and get destroyed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1963
  • Infamy: 2066
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 12:55:40 pm »
+1
Shogunate were the cool clan, probably the nicest big clan back in the days when you've had 22nd (twats) and Mercs (cunts). But then they merged with admin clan and things went downhill for them. Not sure why are you complaining today when they have little to no influence, just like everybody else from EU.

Mercs take the blame for banner stacking because they pushed hard for clan banner and clan registration mechanics, but devs implemented it aka The Admin Clan who later became Nordmen. Whenever in doubt, blame cmp.

Edit: Before certain someone start claiming how point of banner balance is to have fun with friends and it's not about winning, let me tell you how they complained when it was possible to pick their banner and start winning rounds. OP complained a lot about it if I recall right and I tend to have pretty good memory when it comes to completely irrelevant information.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:03:55 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 01:01:13 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Ah a treasure trove, indeed. Of course you consider your own personality fair, but most peoples idea of "fair" doesnt include someone who has to buy multiple keys to avoid bans.

I dont think new players is the issue, i think keeping our old players is the issue. If we do not have a core playerbase why would new players want to join? People like playing with their clans and friends, people like using niche weapon types, people like being able to do crazy duelling shit, people like to play ranged. When you slowly cut down on all these things you are cutting down on the core playerbase that found their style in the game.
Where did everyone go? Indeed.

edit: When the mod was in the early states of fruition, Shogunate taught many new players at the time most whom stuck with the clan. We didnt wait untill it was dead.

(click to show/hide)

The nords barely played crpg as much as we did. Our merge reasons were more based on that we just were on good terms with them as people, and we to this day play almost everything outside of crpg with them. Building a community if you will.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:06:55 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2773
  • Infamy: 2053
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 01:13:23 pm »
+3
Nords were The Admin Clan (can't remember the name, had fish for banner), SeaRiders (Serfonz, Tor and their crew) and you guys later joined them. You probably mean SeaRiders because admins were pretty inactive even back then.

cmp was Merc, Paul was 22nd. They were influential devs who weren't in admin clan. When cmp became dev most big changes happened, many of them stayed to this day. I think he implemented the most mechanics we have now, other devs merely tweaked stuff.

Panos is right about banner stack, it drove people away but some sticked to the game. I do remember thousands of new people trying cRPG on monthly basis with over 3000 active players or so. Many of those newbies were crushed in the name of banner balance and clan satisfaction. I don't think clans would fall apart if banner balance was never implemented, Mercs did complain but still regularly played the mod. Not implementing banner balance or clans in general could lead to bigger and healthier population. Game would be more casual in nature and a lot of toxicity would be avoided.

In the end this mod never reached any serious competitive status, all the tournaments were completely unofficial and had no meaning for the bigger Warband community and especially gaming in general. Devs sacrificed bigger player base in order to fulfill wishes of very few which was a mistake imho.

Edit: Fixed.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 01:13:50 pm »
Before certain someone start claiming how point of banner balance is to have fun with friends and it's not about winning, let me tell you how they complained when it was possible to pick their banner and start winning rounds. OP complained a lot about it if I recall right and I tend to have pretty good memory when it comes to completely irrelevant information.
Yes, they did: I think the mercs banner back then was the red and white one with 3 swords which I use for Hot Chick with a Sword.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
+1
Nords were The Admin Clan (can't remember the name, had fish for banner), SeaRiders (Serfonz, Tor and their crew) and you guys later joined them. You probably mean SeaRiders because admins were pretty inactive even back then.

irc:// was a clan at one point, containing okiN, Shik, Varric, chadz and other admins. Most of them went to Varangian (VRN), including cmp from Mercs, which later merged with SeaRaiders to Nordmen
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 01:22:02 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Bannerstacking is inarguably to win, but thats just the reward for the effort a clan puts out to reach it. I honestly dont think crpg wouldve lasted half as long without clans, and especially without strat (i hate strat but i do think it has its merits). It wouldve just been chaos, and people like to seek some order. I did say back in the days the devs should host more tournaments and give out prizes, award good play make people seek something competitively. We did have some incredibly good tournaments. They were just so few and far in between. Just look at esports today, people love watching good teams compete, i cant tell you how many times its made me want to play again, watching some extremely practiced players play at their peak in whatever games they play.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 01:28:57 pm »
+1
120 people on native siege server sure hate chaos.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 01:35:56 pm »
120 people on native siege server sure hate chaos.

Well i was thinking of that, but then again we are comparing a mod that takes effort to install and learn over the games direct multiplayer component that takes no effort and is very very lenient to new players in all gameplay aspects. I guess i shouldve said you either go full chaos with respawns or you set for a competitive structured game, my b.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 01:44:23 pm »
Warband is too glitchy to be ever considered as competetive, especially cRPG. Correct me if I'm mistaken, back when mod had active community siege was more populated than battle, same applies to Native.
This might change with Bannerlord, but it's highly doubtfull.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:47:51 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 02:04:34 pm »
Warband is too glitchy to be ever considered as competetive, especially cRPG. Correct me if I'm mistaken, back when mod had active community siege was more populated than battle, same applies to Native.
This might change with Bannerlord, but it's highly doubtfull.

Actually i think battle was always the key player in crpg. Siege stood its ground for a long time, but as the playerbase dwindled it took the blunt hit and disappeared. I used to be a hardcore siege player at the start, which helped learning basics. I think this may be needed, casualize cRPG 2018.

Warband is a tad glitchy, but for duels in native its quite good. In battle i feel as if crpg is more glitchy, which could easily be because of drastically different movespeeds compared to native. Crossing my nuts for a more refined experience in bannerlord, even though im guessing it simply wont hold up.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:03 pm »
#BUFFXBOWS
#REMOVERANGED
#GETSHIELDNUB
#BUFFCAMEL
#THXPROF4TRYINGONAUTOBALANCE
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:41:42 pm by Blackbow »

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 03:03:17 pm »
+1
People will always find a reason to complain, and probably quit. Right now its ranged, ok well lets get a melee server. Remove pikes. Remove shields. People want to play the game but they dont want to play the game. A terrible mindset was nurtured forth and now people cant stand even the immensely nerfed ranged we have. I dont think it could ever live with this.

But having a one day per week revival at first didnt seem like a good idea, but i may be wrong. It could turn a dead turd into something thats at least alive once a week, "Oh its cRPG day". Im not sure but i think its common for other old dead games to have a peak day to emulate better times, it might simply not be possible to keep a game alive for so long unless you create a highly competitive environment, or if its just a ton of casual fun.

hey

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 938
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 08:05:35 pm »
+3
I honestly dont think crpg wouldve lasted half as long without clans, and especially without strat (i hate strat but i do think it has its merits).

Fully agree about Strat. Dead Strategus means dead mod most of the time. However I disagree about clans on public free for all game modes. Could be that clans on battle provided longetivity but believe that rare mix of good and fun gameplay  mechanics (Warband base) and the worst kind of psychological entrapment chadz devised to keep us playing (cRPG item and leveling system) are the reason for strong response from gaming community towards cRPG and reason why it is still alive seven years after first release.

Clans never grew naturally with community, in fact clans cannibalized community. At first clans cannibalized freelancers, lone wolves, players who didn't belong to an organized team aka clan. Clans fed on them, mostly discarding those unwilling to go through the hoops (some people take pride in difficulty of an online gaming, from this perspective I find that laughable) and integrating those who passed the trial by fire. That way influence of clan grew while random players lost any influence over battle outcome. In second phase when new players stopped coming in waves, big clans cannibalized smaller clans to the point where only huge inflated clan were left, completely losing identity in the process because they integrated half a server. After a while huge clans became bored because there was no competition cuz they started avoiding each other, because if they played each other it was shorter end of the stick for one of the huge clans.

Mercs and to certain extent you guys were super weak clans devoid of any higher purpose because you bullied randomers on free for all servers while mostly ignoring truly competitive interclan tournament aka Strategus. Its like being adult and fighting preschoolers while other adults fight each other in competitions meant for professional adult fighters.

True winners of cRPG, despite all the underhanded tactics and cheating are eastern Europeans, because they dominated year after year only meaningful competition this mod has to offer, Strategus. Eastern Europeans being Druzhina and Grey Order, of course.

Mercs will be remembered as a clan pretending to be only for elite fighters, but in the end they turned into worst mix of random elements and weakest huge clan during second phase of community cannibalization process. Which shouldn't be of surprise when you take a good look at founders of Mercs, only Gnjus out of them can pass 'not being completely retarded' test. Other prominent members including the likes of Siiem, Xant, Blackbow and Bjord.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 08:07:51 pm »
+1
Let me tell you something - the admins are on it, enacting their star plan to enforce the "ZERO TOLERANCE ANTI-RACISM" rule with bans. Soon we'll have a squeaky clean server bustling with activity just like good ol' GK_TDM!
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.