Author Topic: Two main chars, two copies of M&B, one computer  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Maciver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Two main chars, two copies of M&B, one computer
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »
In my opinion, it should be possible to use skip the fun on characters flagged alts on the same account.  All it does it keep players from getting bored with the main, and increase the life of the mod.

What the downside?  I don't understand limiting this feature.  You will always grind your main. 

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »
In my opinion, it should be possible to use skip the fun on characters flagged alts on the same account.  All it does it keep players from getting bored with the main, and increase the life of the mod.

What the downside?  I don't understand limiting this feature.  You will always grind your main.

You will be able to play strat with your instant 30, that's why it's forbiden for now.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:19 pm »
You will be able to play strat with your instant 30, that's why it's forbiden for now.

That's why for now you don't set it as main.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Maciver

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 03:38:49 am »

You wouldnt be able to play strat with a character flagged as an alt, that you skipped to 30 on for fun.  There would still only be one main allowed.

Offline Etilord

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:53 am »
So any official word on letting alts go to 30? That's why I started the thread in the first place to do exactly that.

The way I see it, we'll be seeing a lot less abuse in the long run if it is allowed before a lot of people get two steam accounts.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:42 pm »
But we can still use a second CD key for the instant 30feature, right?

Probably, not yet decided, though

This is still it as of yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:08:15 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline pyziroki

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 05:10:29 pm »
Please admins let developers know this! Please we are begging you. This game is so much fun but none likes to level. And it must be so easy to change settings. At least let us know that there is some work going on about this. Thanks. Maybe we need to make a poll or something?

Offline GoingRogue

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »
maybe instead of this nonsence in duplicating mains etc, allow 1 test account linked to main to be eable to test builds(use the 30 lvl feautre) and use the stuff u got on ur main, limit it only to few servers so it woudnt not affect the game, ban it from strategus

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:00 pm »
A designated test account seem satisfactory
Just a soldier

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »
maybe instead of this nonsence in duplicating mains etc, allow 1 test account linked to main to be eable to test builds(use the 30 lvl feautre) and use the stuff u got on ur main, limit it only to few servers so it woudnt not affect the game, ban it from strategus

Makes perfect sense to me +1 sir.
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »
If you have 2 steam copies of the game you just swich accounts. Steam automatically changes your CD key in the registry. to the one on the active account when the game starts up.

CRPG looks to that registry location to decide what account you are currently use.

-----------

@Everyone

Read other threads that chadz posted in. The only thing he cares about stopping is you from having 2 strategus characters. Having 2 level 30s is fine.  Multiple admins and chadz have weighed in on this.
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »
Yeah. Don't fuck with strategus. You get one main in strat/trading etc. Don't make your second CD key characters' into mains. They can be instant level 30s for testing builds and all, sure.

Common sense. Don't force them to make rules about it. I can guarantee they could check and ban multiple mains & cd keys if they are from the same mac address if they wanted to.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:41:23 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

+1

Offline Maciver

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 11:27:55 pm »

Excellent ^

Having 1 or 2 alt characters only servers, would be fun as shit using Mains selection of gear.  Break up the grind a bit from the mains.

We have spoken!  Get to work devs!   :P

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 01:32:05 am »
I don't know what I did wrong. I have two installed copies of warband. One is steam and one is not. Yesterday, I was able to create characters on the non-steam account and skipped the fun. Today, I tried it and all characters I make automatically seem to get combined with my main account even though I am using the non-steam account to create the characters in-game.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch