Author Topic: First they kill the mod, and then they stole your money ....  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: First they kill the mod, and then they stole your money ....
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 05:51:50 pm »
Fuck CRPG, I just want my 50 euro back.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:24 pm »
+23
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 10:01:53 pm »
+13

You should go to jail for fraud . Yes you and all the doneky team taking money from little kids .

25 dollars to buy their game regardless of what people might think about it is a paltry sum considering how many hours of fun you've probably spent on crpg for free, you must be a real cheap ass to still hold a grudge about this.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 10:26:41 pm »
+1
I do still have that legal paperwork entitling me to a return on any profits. Wonder what court I would have to take that too. Probably small claims court.

Edit: To the topic, ras is actually completely right.

The initial backing of the project was done via a profit participation model, essentially making every backer an investor of sorts who could later on collect a share of the profits. This has obviously never come to fruition and likely went out the window entirely when they decided to go with a publisher for continued funding. However that means that Donkey Crew did actually violate the contract they entered into with their initial backers.

Except maybe they didn't, because maybe that contract wasn't sufficiently binding/only covered investors from Austria for some weird legal reason/any other number of shoddy things that could have happened. However, weather they legally broke contract or not, they certainly broke the spirit of their initial promise to us earliest backers.

Now weather you care about that or not is entirely subjective. I frankly don't. Lots of shit happens in life and I never felt like chadz actually wanted to rip any of us off.

Also I do actually agree with ras frenzy that Melee:Battleground/OKAM/project asinus killed crpg, but only for the simple and very obvious reason that all the talented developers that made crpg stopped working on it to work on Melee:EPICbattlegrounds (and honestly the idea of project asinus effectively stopped development of cRPG well before it was actually announced for that initial backing).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:43:08 pm by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »
+1
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 10:42:36 pm »
+4
Or maybe somebody did try and sue chadz and that is why he moved to China.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 10:44:46 pm »
+2
I do still have that legal paperwork entitling me to a a return on any profits. Wonder what court I would have to take that too. Probably small claims court.

The initial backing of the project was done via a profit participation model, essentially making every backer an investor of sorts who could later on collect a share of the profits. This has obviously never come to fruition and likely went out the window entirely when they decided to go with a publisher for continued funding. However that means that Donkey Crew did actually violate the contract they entered into with their initial backers.

Except maybe they didn't, because maybe that contract wasn't sufficiently binding/only covered investors from Austria for some weird legal reason/any other number of shoddy things that could have happened. However, weather they legally broke contract or not, they certainly broke the spirit of their initial promise to us earliest backers.

Now weather you care about that or not is entirely subjective. I frankly don't. Lots of shit happens in life and I never felt like chadz actually wanted to rip any of us off.

Also I do actually agree with ras frenzy that Melee:Battleground/OKAM/project asinus killed crpg, but only for the simple and very obvious reason that all the talented developers that made crpg stopped working on it to work on Melee:EPICbattlegrounds (and honestly the idea of project asinus effectively stopped development of cRPG well before it was actually announced for that initial backing).

Wasn't there something in the disclaimer that was basically like "if this shit falls apart and gets taken over by an even shittier company which it definitely will you can all get fucked and you're all entitled to nothing" anyway?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:07:34 pm by Kadeth »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 10:45:38 pm »
+4
Did he move to China or was he sold ito China as an indentured servant/slave by GMG?
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:02 pm »
+13
Tbh I don't understand u guys here. These guys had a dream. Everyone supporting them wasn't doing it for profit, neither did those guys do it for the money. They wanted to create something huge. But well they fucked up. If the game had been successfull and the donkey crew actually would have managed to build up a really good game, I'm 100% sure they would have (in some way) awarded those guys who helped them. So now being angry at them for spending their best years on something that didn't work out for them is ridiculously mean and again I can not understand why you would be. Their life fucked up. And u spend some money on them OMG Im so sorry for you.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 11:06:42 pm »
+7
I do still have that legal paperwork entitling me to a return on any profits. Wonder what court I would have to take that too. Probably small claims court.

REEEEEE

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:02 pm »

Ras is wrong, you are still entitled to the profit

(click to show/hide)

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 11:52:15 pm »
+1
Wasn't there something in the disclaimer that was basically like "if this shit falls apart and gets taken over by an even shittier company which it definitely will you can all get fucked and you're all entitled to nothing" anyway?

Imagine if you could invest in stocks and then had this fairy tale safety net incase things didn't go your way and you could get all your money back  :lol: we'd all be rich eventually !

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 11:58:16 pm »
+3
Tbh I don't understand u guys here. These guys had a dream. Everyone supporting them wasn't doing it for profit, neither did those guys do it for the money. They wanted to create something huge. But well they fucked up. If the game had been successfull and the donkey crew actually would have managed to build up a really good game, I'm 100% sure they would have (in some way) awarded those guys who helped them. So now being angry at them for spending their best years on something that didn't work out for them is ridiculously mean and again I can not understand why you would be. Their life fucked up. And u spend some money on them OMG Im so sorry for you.

I mean I agree with you people are salty cunts, but I think you're being a little too dreary here. For their first game it was still a hell of alot better than the thousands of shitty indie games I see peddled on steam every day. I'm sure the experience and stuff they learned will be invaluable for them in the future and was worth it.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 12:28:15 am »
+1
Did he move to China or was he sold ito China as an indentured servant/slave by GMG?

I think gay man gaming is a ponzi scheme to fuck devs over. It's like a complete cheap ripoff of steam, and i've never seen any game they published succeed.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 12:37:10 am »
I think gay man gaming is a ponzi scheme to fuck devs over. It's like a complete cheap ripoff of steam, and i've never seen any game they published succeed.
Well I dont know how successful that other game they published "The Black Death" is but it is still up on steam and being played. It just had a patch on feb 16th and people posting in the patch thread dont seem too unhappy.
PENDULUM