Author Topic: New Team Balance Sucks  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: New Team Balance Sucks
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 09:40:54 pm »
+1
I would prefer banner stack over bro coding bundle of stickss any day.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 09:43:52 pm »
That is not surprising, but when people started complaining about balance it had to happen. Either fix class balance within your clans or just be patient and wait for some more tweaks.
From both side perspective (long time clan stacker and long time playing on my own) I have to admit that banner balance is an issue for some lower population server (<30) but with at least 50 it doesn't really matter as there is usually someone to counter stack.
I love the banner balance feature, but sometimes it leads players to leave the server. Hopefully it will not have to be so strickt once Professor will get rid of multiplier system, as its one of the biggest flaws of cRPG. Once it's done (december 2010) who knows maybe some gamemods will get revived, like conquest for example as it's a bit more objective than battle, and battle with bugged MoTF sucks monkey balls, also headshots doesn't hurt that much since you spawn again within few seconds.
maybe, we shall see :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 09:48:45 pm »
Is there any way to prioritize banner balance whilst shifting the randoms to balance overall (e.g. by class, etc)?

Also, this is a great idea, that way everybody wins :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline mr_baby_head

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 10:48:55 pm »
+2
Prioritizing clans over public players is not the way to go, that is exactly what ruined PW. I have to agree with Panos in that it seems to be only the guys in big stacks who are complaining about this, not that you don't have the right to, but personally I think you should get used to fighting each other. Everyone likes to pretend EU1 is some kind of tactical teamwork simulator, it's not, its the medieval equivalent of Call of Duty or Battlefield, Strat is where the tactical stuff happens but EU1 is far too arcadey for teamwork to be considered "essential". The guys who top leaderboards on a daily basis are not the ones running around in the biggest gank, but the ones who kick ass when they haven't got a bum-buddy close by to backstab their opponent. Personally I think this new balance will force everyone to get better at fighting with all teammates (not just the ones you are virtually making out with over TS).

Sure I like playing with my fellow Krems but it doesn't mean I can't have a laugh with them if they're on the other team, also I am pretty used to teamplaying with randoms as it's what I've done for most of my cRPG life. It's important to remember that new players ARE joining cRPG atm and we should try and keep them interested.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:44 pm »
+1
I would prefer banner stack over bro coding bundle of stickss any day.

never understood brocoding, i actually aim for my clanmates when i see them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Telford

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Unionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Telford_X | Kalmar_Koenigstiger_II | Kalmar_Windhund_XIV | Kalmar_Silberloewe_II |
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2018, 12:06:52 am »
+4
Prioritizing clans over public players is not the way to go, that is exactly what ruined PW.

Encouraging teamplay (for the whole team, not just bannerholders) and promoting clan activity / more community involvement, over random play (which encourages the Call of Duty-esque scheisse).

Why would you actively push away from developing the playerbase and gameplay?

For example - if a new player comes in and sees a group of players, all of the same clan, working together, then that's gonna leave positive impressions and some of the older groups may see new applicants. 

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2018, 12:07:01 am »
never understood brocoding, i actually aim for my clanmates when i see them

i actually aim for your mum, pastamaster

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2018, 01:27:19 am »
+2
Dicks are so cute omg(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄ when you hold one in your hand and it starts twitching its like its nuzzling you(/ω\) or when they perk up and look at you like" owo nya? :3c" hehe ~ penis-kun is happy to see me!!(^ワ^) and the most adorable thing ever is when sperm-sama comes out but theyre rlly shy so u have to work hard!!(๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)✧ but when penis-kun and sperm-sama meet and theyre blushing and all like "uwaaa~!" (ノ´ヮ´)ノ: ・゚hehehe~penis-kun is so adorable
(●´Д`●)・::・

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2018, 02:55:27 am »
+2
It has it's issues but Professor is working on it and was doing so today so just give it a little more time. It should be great once it works properly.

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2018, 03:02:07 am »
+1
My Murderous Boner is having a tough time keeping turgid without my fellow MurderBoner brothers.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:26 am »
+1
edit: also when cuck clans like tormatun get switched to different teams they just brocode, which actively makes the game worse more than a banner stack.

can confirm, saw yesterday two tormatun HA brocode and I was like

(click to show/hide)

Offline Volk.

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Volky_Lolky
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2018, 11:19:40 am »
(click to show/hide)
It's fucking morning guys, why do I have to play vs 3 ha+2 ranged in the same team while my team is full of melee only? Jeez this is so shit tbh

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2018, 12:35:36 pm »
+5
Strong opponent of balancing every round here, regardless of banner balance etc. Of course some basic balance has to be done (roughly same numbers) but if you switch every round the whole premise of the game mode Battle (Team A plays against Team B a couple of rounds) becomes absurd. There is no Team A or B anymore.

For example I sometimes take a certain route to go over several rounds. Often things to remember happen, like I always meet the same guy, or you start seeing what others are doing each round and react to that in the next round. Nothing like this happens with balancing every round, feels interchangeable and dull and you don't even know or care who is with your team or the other. Its really a game-killer for me.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2018, 12:48:31 pm »
Strong opponent of balancing every round here, regardless of banner balance etc. Of course some basic balance has to be done (roughly same numbers) but if you switch every round the whole premise of the game mode Battle (Team A plays against Team B a couple of rounds) becomes absurd. There is no Team A or B anymore.

For example I sometimes take a certain route to go over several rounds. Often things to remember happen, like I always meet the same guy, or you start seeing what others are doing each round and react to that in the next round. Nothing like this happens with balancing every round, feels interchangeable and dull and you don't even know or care who is with your team or the other. Its really a game-killer for me.

I dont think it will balance every rounds in the finalised balance code. Or yes it will be hell.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:04 pm »
+1

edit: also when cuck clans like tormatun get switched to different teams they just brocode, which actively makes the game worse more than a banner stack.

sounds like a case of needing EU admins to do their jobs

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/