Author Topic: Am i ranged? 2.0  (Read 2378 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Am i ranged? 2.0
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:55 am »
+4
another thread since babyhead closed the previous one, panos actually changed his mind and said he was fine with the amount of ranged
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Am i ranged? 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 01:14:49 am »
+1
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 01:37:25 am »
+2
Holy shit, didnt know scholagladiatoria played mount and blade. What if he plays crpg ?? WHAT IF ITS SECRETLY PANOS ???

Offline Morle

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:13:42 pm »
+1
getting a shield doesn't work, just saying. it's more like "change forcedly your class to a shielder, play smart by not charging and hoping to not get shot/backstabbed/couched by a random player and lose to flags. also enjoy the game :) it's not that hard". got shot through a shield because of low shield skill multiple times
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:29:51 pm by Morle »

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:28:28 pm »
+4
Playing shielder is also really fucking boring.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 2581
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 12:45:51 am »
another thread since babyhead closed the previous one, panos actually changed his mind and said he was fine with the amount of ranged

Now you know a huge secret about Panos, he's not a person to depend on. Fucking Greek Brutus and Judas that's who he really is.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 12:56:07 am »
After having played archer for a while I do agree, archers need to be dealt with, the damage, the volume, it's just too much. From a game perspective, having a ranged class that can instakill with a headshot is just silly (Talking purely C-RPG here) - The amount of times I just watch ArcherHelot, Merc_Mezzo run around with their instant death +3 Longbow and just 1 hit KO 50 people and end the scoreboard at like 16-0 because nobody can get close to them is ridiculous. The volume is also an issue too, there are far too many archers to make them dealable with a shield. Shields work up to a point, after that point they're not helpful really at all. Only thing that affects how helpful a shield is, is the volume of archers, multiple archers can stick together, and scatter as soon as a shielder approaches, then the shielder will find themselves surrounded on all sides and will in turn get shot to shit. Even with multiple shielders the same exact thing can occur.

I was 1 hit KOing people with a +3 Horn bow, Rus bow and Longbow. The headshot part comes down mostly to a question of skill, because we have a lot of really high skilled archers in C-RPG, and whilst that's not a bad thing, it's also not a good thing, as they can abuse something like that and just rack up millions and millions of kills like I see them do every time they play on the server. Part of the time I spent when I was temporarily a part of the Merc clan before they purged everyone who isn't only part of Mercs was noticing how much Mercs play together and work together with archers and melee, I constantly see an archer and melee pairing, they pull it off really well, the melee attacks and the archer shoots from close range at the person, it's a ridiculously annoying combo to fight against, and they do it really well.

Me personally I think archers are far too strong, and I do think their damage needs to be lowered. But the other avenue that should be opened is the ability for agicher to come back into the fold. strcher is currently the only viable build when it comes to archer, so, the logical thing to do is to nerf strcher and buff agicher. I think that will solve most of the problems with archers just becoming this unstoppable powerhouse of instakills.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 01:07:06 am »
+5
After having played archer for a while I do agree, archers need to be dealt with, the damage, the volume, it's just too much. From a game perspective, having a ranged class that can instakill with a headshot is just silly (Talking purely C-RPG here) - The amount of times I just watch ArcherHelot, Merc_Mezzo run around with their instant death +3 Longbow and just 1 hit KO 50 people and end the scoreboard at like 16-0 because nobody can get close to them is ridiculous. The volume is also an issue too, there are far too many archers to make them dealable with a shield. Shields work up to a point, after that point they're not helpful really at all. Only thing that affects how helpful a shield is, is the volume of archers, multiple archers can stick together, and scatter as soon as a shielder approaches, then the shielder will find themselves surrounded on all sides and will in turn get shot to shit. Even with multiple shielders the same exact thing can occur.

I was 1 hit KOing people with a +3 Horn bow, Rus bow and Longbow. The headshot part comes down mostly to a question of skill, because we have a lot of really high skilled archers in C-RPG, and whilst that's not a bad thing, it's also not a good thing, as they can abuse something like that and just rack up millions and millions of kills like I see them do every time they play on the server. Part of the time I spent when I was temporarily a part of the Merc clan before they purged everyone who isn't only part of Mercs was noticing how much Mercs play together and work together with archers and melee, I constantly see an archer and melee pairing, they pull it off really well, the melee attacks and the archer shoots from close range at the person, it's a ridiculously annoying combo to fight against, and they do it really well.

Me personally I think archers are far too strong, and I do think their damage needs to be lowered. But the other avenue that should be opened is the ability for agicher to come back into the fold. strcher is currently the only viable build when it comes to archer, so, the logical thing to do is to nerf strcher and buff agicher. I think that will solve most of the problems with archers just becoming this unstoppable powerhouse of instakills.
i don't know what drugs are u using but playing like everyday on eu1 i see only couple of old dedicated archers doing something rather being classic useless anoying arrow spammers, sure when in numbers archers can be deadly but meeh learn to dodge be aware and rape enemy melee or teamplay with archers in your team, nothing new its 2018

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 01:34:52 am »
+1
getting a shield doesn't work, just saying. it's more like "change forcedly your class to a shielder, play smart by not charging and hoping to not get shot/backstabbed/couched by a random player and lose to flags. also enjoy the game :) it's not that hard". got shot through a shield because of low shield skill multiple times

That usually ends up being cav destroying once flags are forced, as cav usually is the deciding factor in battles that end up being in the open. Either way, you wont literally win everything by adapting, but you will win more if you try to play for wins. When ranged and cav stacks up on one team its a matter of autobalance being at fault, not a class balance.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:16 am »
i don't know what drugs are u using but playing like everyday on eu1 i see only couple of old dedicated archers doing something rather being classic useless anoying arrow spammers, sure when in numbers archers can be deadly but meeh learn to dodge be aware and rape enemy melee or teamplay with archers in your team, nothing new its 2018

I'm not saying that they're bad people for playing archer lol, if that's their class they're going to be good at it, but it shouldn't be to a point where they can just instagib you regardless of what you do. The problem is pretty much down to banner stacks. Mercs stack banners constantly and then they never lose, maybe they lose a round or two, but other than that, they pretty much wipe all competition off the face of the earth unless there's some other fat stack to deal with them. Perhaps the solution is simply to remove peoples ability to banner stack entirely?

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 12:58:09 am »
+5
are you bad at melee?
do you enjoy kiting and delaying?
are you fine with the 0 wpf crossbow meta?
are you unable to comprehend the low risk, high reward nature of your class?

if yes to any of the above, yes, you are in fact probably range

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 01:54:11 am »
+1
More like:

are you bad at teamwork?
do you enjoy being a lone wolf hero?
are you fine with fucking balance entirely for your personal gain?
are you unable to comprehend how classes synergize?

if yes to any of the above, yes, you are in fact probably a spoiled melee elitist

You know dear community, we could always, at least for once in this mod's lifespan, come to a reasonable conclusion about ranged and lets say, allow archers to hybritize a bit more effectively for example at the cost of ranged capabilities. So there is your beloved "nerf ranged" but with some melee skills as compensation. Even if only 30% of current archers would then respec into a hybrid, that would at least to some degree mean less arrows, lower damage arrows, slower and easier dodgeable arrows and more melee fights.

But that is not acceptable, is it now ? Any form of buff whatsoever for ranged, no matter what or how severe, even if it purely serves as an incentive of lowering the number and potency of projectiles, is completely out of the question right ? God forbid an archer would come even close to your 8 PS, 170WPF, run like the wind, heavy armour 2h spam machine build. Ranged obviously has to do low damage in ranged, has to have the melee capabilities of peasants and be slow as snails, while only being allowed to wear paper for armour and pay ten billion gold of upkeep every round. Otherwise the shield-refusing, straight-line-moving, teamwork-denying melee is not happy :(

Honestly, I would like to see just ONE proposal about balancing ranged that isnt utter trash. Just a hint, "remove ranged" and "nerf ranged into the ground" is not a valid proposal.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 08:31:43 am »
Playing shielder is also really fucking boring.

There is some wierd misconception, "get a shield" doesn't really mean play as shielder  :shock:

XyNox, recent proposals are to reduce amount od bolts/arrows to range players. Keep the decent accuracy, good missile speed but stop the arrows spam.
With longdbow you can have 2 quivers for bodkins and that gives over 30 arrows. Usuall round on battle server last for 2-3 minutes, and that is almost impossibru to run out of arrows wich gives you no real reason to stay any close to the rest of the team, and that is not different playstyle to what is prefered by "2h kuyak heroes" since they also suck in group fights, what makes them run around the map like retards. There is a reason for that, becouse if you stop for a second you will get shot... so yeah get a shield it sometimes stoppes arrows.
Both sides, melee and ranged players, are guilty of what we have now.
I'd prefer to have some faster rounds with intense fights, but that was only possible on siege server which due to low player base will never get populated again... sadly.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:48:03 am by Dalhi »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 09:14:58 am »
I’m a shielder and all I can say that it works, if shielders and teams actually worked together (Merc Stack  :twisted: ) then you would be fine, but too many people want to be a hero and play solo. It has been proven that this game cannot live without ranged. Anyone remember the melee only server? It was empty because of the 2h kayak spammers.

Get a fucking shield and adapt!
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »
+11
kayak spammers.

Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.