Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 152038 times)

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #1110 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:12 pm »
+2
i request this thread closed
this thread doesnt give a very good impression of this community. even though it contain views of a minority
shut it down
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #1111 on: April 26, 2018, 07:28:17 pm »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1112 on: April 26, 2018, 07:33:36 pm »
+3
Vargposting, nice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 27, 2018, 12:55:14 am »
+2
Africa Addio, a 1966 Italian documentary about the end of colonial rule in South Africa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Addio). Some highly interesting footage.

The English version is on Youtube, as is the original Italian but without subtitles. For anyone interested I would suggest downloading the original Italian or French version (there's subtitled torrents).

The Italian and French versions were edited and were provided with narration by Jacopetti himself. The American version, with the explicitly shocking title Africa: Blood and Guts, was edited and translated without the approval of Jacopetti. Indeed, the differences are such that Jacopetti has called this film a betrayal of the original idea.[5] Notable differences are thus present between the Italian and English-language versions in terms of the text of the film. Many advocates of the film feel that it has unfairly maligned the original intentions of the filmmakers. For example, the subtitled translation of the opening crawl in the Italian version reads:

"The Africa of the great explorers, the huge land of hunting and adventure adored by entire generations of children, has disappeared forever. To that age-old Africa, swept away and destroyed by the tremendous speed of progress, we have said farewell. The devastation, the slaughter, the massacres which we assisted belong to a new Africa– one which if it emerges from its ruins to be more modern, more rational, more functional, more conscious- will be unrecognizable.
"On the other hand, the world is racing toward better times. The new America rose from the ashes of a few white man, all the redskins, and the bones of millions of buffalo. The new, carved up Africa will rise again upon the tombs of a few white men, millions of black men, and upon the immense graveyards that were once its game reserves. The endeavor is so modern and recent that there is no room to discuss it at the moral level. The purpose of this film is only to bid farewell to the old Africa that is dying and entrust to history the documentation of its agony"[6]

The English version:

"The old Africa has disappeared. Untouched Jungles, huge herds of game, high adventure, the happy hunting ground- those are the dreams of the past. Today there is a new Africa - modern and ambitious. The old Africa died amidst the massacres and devastations we filmed. But revolutions, even for the better, are seldom pretty. America was built over the bones of thousands of pioneers and revolutionary soldiers, hundreds of thousands of Indians, and millions of Bison. The new Africa emerges over the graves of thousands of whites and Arabs, and millions of blacks, and over the bleak boneyards that once were the game reserves.
"What the camera sees, it films pitilessly, without sympathy, without taking sides. Judging is for you to do, later. This film only says farewell to the old Africa, and gives to the world the pictures of its agony."[7]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:59:55 am by Angantyr »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1114 on: April 27, 2018, 03:54:24 pm »
+1

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1115 on: April 27, 2018, 04:06:33 pm »

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #1116 on: April 27, 2018, 05:07:03 pm »
have u guys ever wondered if maybe the reason we have such a hard time getting people to stay in this community is because it's like 70% extremely right wing people who are GENUINELY racist? doesn't exactly create a welcoming environment
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1117 on: April 27, 2018, 05:26:44 pm »
+1

I fucking hate this bitch with my entire heart, all politicians like her on both the left and the right should be dragged to court and stand trial for all the misery their politics have caused swedes. Every rape, every murder and despicable slaughter, the 40,000 elderly that are malnourished and literally forced to live in containers, every fucking thing, these people are responsible for. Nothing less than absolute justice.

What an ugly, stupid fucking mug she has.

have u guys ever wondered if maybe the reason we have such a hard time getting people to stay in this community is because it's like 70% extremely right wing people who are GENUINELY racist? doesn't exactly create a welcoming environment

Yeah, that's why

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:57 pm »
+2

Yeah cuz every newcomer goes directly to the forum to talk to people who don't even play the game instead of chatting with people in-game.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 27, 2018, 06:09:19 pm »
+6
No, because you'd have to be a legitimate retard to think that's the reason.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1120 on: April 27, 2018, 06:15:12 pm »
+1

No because gamers tend to lean towards that alignment from what ive noticed, and so its actually more welcoming to have these discussions rather than to censor them.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 27, 2018, 06:22:10 pm »
What's the percentage of Canadians getting turned off by a game due to online racism? Gotta be at least 50% higher than any other nation : )

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1122 on: April 27, 2018, 07:14:32 pm »
Heskey: Krems are innocent REEEE
Also Heskey: EU1 died cause racism

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #1123 on: April 27, 2018, 07:26:47 pm »

What an ugly, stupid fucking mug she has.

I'd smash
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1324
  • Infamy: 1375
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 27, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »
No because gamers tend to lean towards that alignment from what ive noticed, and so its actually more welcoming to have these discussions rather than to censor them.

gamers = worthless people
gamers = conservatives
conservatives = worthless people

Sounds about right, from my personal experience so far.

That blonde trickster is wrong, elderly aren't the issue. Hordes of white NEETs are. Exterminate the NEETs by forcing them to work.

Ironic thing in this would be, NEETs being conservative want to live in coservative society which will strip them from the social mechanics that enable them to stay NEETs. It's like they are asking for help.