Author Topic: Las Vegas SHooting  (Read 9427 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas SHooting
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 04:49:15 am »
Why not?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2017, 07:14:10 am »
The demonization of fully automatic fire is hilarious. 58 dead after thirteen minutes of firing from a perfect elevated vantage point, at a largely stationary, massive group of targets... is fucking awful, and I guarantee we have the retarded bump fire device this guy used to thank for it. Had he been going for accuracy and aimed single shots, the dead would number in the hundreds. But no, let's ban the bump fire device that made him inaccurate and wasted all his ammo, because... well, no reason, except as one more step in the eternal quest of the left to slowly but surely ban more and more things.

60 dead and over 500 injured from a distance of 300m in 13 minutes doesn't seem that awful. I don't know if you ever shot that distance. I did, with iron sights though. That would be a lot of work with single shots for a 60 year old. Especially with the elevation fucking up sights. Muh rifleman's rule. He went for "bursts" for convenience sake and to get as much lead in the air as possible.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 07:46:03 am »
60 dead and over 500 injured from a distance of 300m in 13 minutes doesn't seem that awful. I don't know if you ever shot that distance. I did, with iron sights though. That would be a lot of work with single shots for a 60 year old. Especially with the elevation fucking up sights. Muh rifleman's rule. He went for "bursts" for convenience sake and to get as much lead in the air as possible.
We don't know what number of injuries are from direct bullet hits, so I didn't mention that. And yes, 300 meters with iron sights is part of the standard rifle qualification. With support, it's not that hard a shot, and optics change the game completely. 300 meters with a good optic is nothing. 13 minutes is 780 seconds. Five seconds per aimed double tap would be slow considering the abundance of targets, but even at that rate, he would've killed far more people if he wasn't a completely hopeless shot. I don't think the fact he was 60 has anything to do with it.

In the videos I've seen he was definitely not going for bursts, he never stopped firing while the video went on.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2017, 08:16:41 am »
So if it was just this guy acting alone, and he had cameras set up all over, even on serving carts outside his door where is all that footage that would dispell all the mystery, did he turn them all off and delete the videos? And the amount of weapons shown in his room seems pretty ridiculous, why would he need weapons all over the room to accomplish what he was trying to accomplish and then commit suicide before police arrived? Prepared for an assault then killed himself before said assault happened? And they are trying to say he was a "christian" white male, every christian knows their beliefs say you go directly to hell if you commit suicide, so if he was why would he commit suicide rather than die in said assault he prepared for?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:25:11 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:27 am »
+1
The demonization of fully automatic fire is hilarious. 58 dead after thirteen minutes of firing from a perfect elevated vantage point, at a largely stationary, massive group of targets... is fucking awful, and I guarantee we have the retarded bump fire device this guy used to thank for it. Had he been going for accuracy and aimed single shots, the dead would number in the hundreds. But no, let's ban the bump fire device that made him inaccurate and wasted all his ammo, because... well, no reason, except as one more step in the eternal quest of the left to slowly but surely ban more and more things.

If a security guard at the Mandalay hadn't distracted him there would have been alot more casualties, this also sped up the SWAT response because they then knew exactly where he was. He fired around 200 rounds at the guard who took much time and concentration away from him that would have otherwise been directed at the massive crowds below..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:21:04 am by Grytviken »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2017, 10:06:29 am »
+1
I've been assured that if members of the public have firearms they can defend themselves and prevent attacks like this from happening.

I'm sure nobody in this country music gig in Nevada had any guns, otherwise things would clearly have been different.

Nope you just need an unarmed security guard named Jesus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/05/just-job-las-vegas-security-guard-jesus-campos-hailed-braving/

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2017, 02:21:45 pm »
I would have hunted him down in the afterlife if he'd gone for Gorillaz.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »

It also emerged that Paddock may have intended to target a bigger Las Vegas outdoor music festival the previous weekend. He tried unsuccessfully to book a room overlooking the Life is Beautiful event where performers included Damon Albarn’s band Gorillaz. That festival was attended by 50,000 people each day.

#Clearly hates country music and right-wing American values.

Whatever his motive was, if he actually tried and failed to book the same type of room a weekend earlier over an entirely different type of concert (but with double the attendance), then he can't have been too fussed about exactly who he was killing, rather how many he could kill.

Hey Heskey found something that coddles his little balls, "evidence" that confirms completely the attack was not politically motivated. What a surprise. I'm sure once this is inevitably proven to be retardedly false, like the Orlando gay club shooter being a closet bundle of sticks, Heskey will be the first to admit fault. Yes I can truly see you've turned a new leaf and are hard at work sharpening your skepticism.

You know he actually attended that festival right? That he physically went there and attended it?

Just another one of those mentally ill lone wolves with no exterior influence or support, as usual.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:34:45 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 03:34:21 pm »
+1

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2017, 04:04:47 pm »
Did he reserve a ticket to attend the "Life is Beautiful" festival before he attempted to book a room overlooking it? Obviously you were well aware that he personally attended that event. I'm sure you are also well aware of the countless other times this man comped high roller corner suites that overlooked a variety of different concerts and festivals. He was planning to shoot them all, it's the only explanation.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2017, 04:31:31 pm »
It's not hard to mock your immediate attachment to the most fantastically retarded and convoluted "evidence" to satisfy your political biases, because it's what you always, always do. Muh hands up don't shoot! Muh neighborhood watch racist stalker attacking poow innocent black! Muh closeted bundle of sticks! Muh neo-chocolate chip cookie car of peace attack! You've been horribly, terribly wrong over and over and over throughout the years.

You've decided the target being a country music concert is irrelevant because you're an ignorant piece of shit that clearly does not understand american culture. Yet still you feel the need to put your worthless, ignorant 2 cents in. I look forward to you completely ignoring how stupidly wrong you were over this, as you do in every single other instance.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 221
  • Infamy: 1891
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:48 pm »
Political this, political that. Not even jihad insurgents kill people because religion tells them to, it is just convenient excuse to kill bunch of people. If religion had that kind of power over people to make them kill others then every single religious person would become a murderer in no time. Which obviously was never the case. Soldiers, hitmen, criminals, anyone whose line of work involves potential of killing people do that line of work because they have a hard-on for killing others. Their profession just enables them to do it occasionally without having to face consequences like they would if they killed other people for no reason as civil.

People kill people because they want to. Everything else serves as a way to justify their actions to others. To kill that many people you need to have desire to do it, there is no brainwashing that will make you do it.  Even if family lives were at stake, threatened by some shady organization which obviously wasn't the case here or in Breivik case there is no way average Joe could kill 60 in a row. Would stop at some time even if he had ability to start killing.

This dude just wanted to kill bunch of people, everything else media and people like Oberyn make up in their free time, is nothing but pure bullshit.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:52 pm »
Muh hands up don't shoot! Muh neighborhood watch racist stalker attacking poow innocent black!
Zimmerman case was a fun one. Separated the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Anyone with any skill in critical thinking and even an attempt at being unbiased saw that the media painted the case in a ridiculous light, and Zimmerman did nothing wrong, or at least there was no reason to think so based on the evidence.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
#Clearly hates country music and right-wing American values.

For reference, an estimated 22,000 people attended the concert where the shooting eventually did happen. I'll indulge in a bit of rampant speculation here. It looks like he just wanted to kill as many people as feasibly possible. And it's shocking to us because we're used to mass shootings and attacks of all kind being targeted in some way. Shooters normally go after friends/family/workplace/school. Terrorists normally go for an attack in broad daylight near somewhere iconic, or try to disrupt the morning commute - maximum disruption and expose for minimal effort. This guy just wanted an overhead view of the biggest crowd possible.

Whatever his motive was, if he actually tried and failed to book the same type of room a weekend earlier over an entirely different type of concert (but with double the attendance), then he can't have been too fussed about exactly who he was killing, rather how many he could kill.

The only thing that doesn't add up is that he was a calculated intelligent person. This wasn't a crime of passion where something instantly triggered him and he had a random fit of rage. Like his brother said in the interviews he owned 28 properties and 2 private jets worth over a million dollars a piece.

This man had alot of money and was very successful in life. I think as far as speculation goes he would have bought multiple hotel rooms before to test things out to make sure his plans would work... example could he actually get a bellboy to bring up suitcases full of guns and ammo... scope the place out etc.. I have to think that nothing here was intentionally random given the man's situation. However this also fits the modus operandi for an undiagnosed fully functioning 100% Sociopath that is 1 in a million. They are unusually highly successful people that have a god complex for perfection and control and some small issue that a normal person might brush off their shoulder might trigger them to the point of a having in insatiable mental breakdown of anger or wanting of revenge.