Author Topic: Las Vegas SHooting  (Read 10574 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas SHooting
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2017, 05:52:37 pm »
+1
Think it was Beauchamp, that seemed to be what he was getting at.

It's cherry-picking because you've applied a filter to one set of data and not the other, based on an assumption you've made before looking at the numbers. With a view to artificially bringing the numbers from one country closer to another.

- Do I think there's an epidemic of black gang violence in Belgium? My assumption is 'no'.
- Do I think the homicide rate in Belgium would be lower if you did not count any homicides performed by black people? Yes.

Is it a fair comparison to compare two countries where you ignore a large ethnic group in the US, but keep it present in the stats for Belgium?
It is not an assumption. It's a fact that Belgium does not have a black-on-black and latino-on-latino murder epidemic like the US.

And it's not cherry picking. It would be if full data on ethnicity was available, but it's not. As it is, incomplete statistics that's representative of the real percentages is better than no statistics. Latter is pure guesswork, former is educated guesswork based on the data, and will only be slightly different from what a perfect comparison would produce.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2017, 10:31:29 pm »
+1
Old white guy with machine guns gunning down a country music concert.

If it was someone even slightly right-leaning politically the entire media would've gone insane with conconcted stories of evil white naz1 galvanized to violence by Trump's rhetoric. "No political affiliation", lol. Watch this guy's "political affiliation" emerge 2 or 3 days afterwards and not be talked about at all.

I'm sure the fact the target was a country music concert's crowd is completely irrelevant too.

And the memes of course, because "too soon" is not a concept the internet is familiar with:

(click to show/hide)

Rumor is he was an Anti-Gun / Anti-Trump activist. They probably won't release his motives publicly because it would only stir up more shit.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2859
  • Infamy: 536
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »
Anti-gun activist possessing large arsenal of firearms? Doesn't make any sense. I'm currently anti-gun person because I don't own a single firearm, but if I were in America and had access to firearms, would probably buy couple pieces. At that moment I stop being anti-gun.

Edit: Anti-Trump also doesn't make sense. Trumps rhetoric goes in favor of gun owners. And profile of a gun owner who isn't game hunting in his spare time is very straightforward. I also fit in said profile, although I currently don't own guns. If you need a lot of guns for your own safety, which is the main reason to possess guns aside from animal hunting, then you don't have trust in your government. You don't believe they are doing enough to keep you and your family from harms way. Which means that typical owner of lot of guns is mostly anti-government person. But being anti-government doesn't mean you're anti Trump, especially because Trump still acts in public like he's opposing government and not leading it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:59:30 pm by Leshma »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2017, 11:15:29 pm »
Someone at my work is saying there's video taken by some guy in the hotel across from the one where the shooter was, and in it it shows shots coming from the 6th floor not the 32nd floor where he was found. He is also saying there was some couple that was kicked out of the concert for walking around telling people they are all going to die tonight.
Odd.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 11:42:09 pm »
+1
Anti-gun activist possessing large arsenal of firearms? Doesn't make any sense. I'm currently anti-gun person because I don't own a single firearm, but if I were in America and had access to firearms, would probably buy couple pieces. At that moment I stop being anti-gun.

Edit: Anti-Trump also doesn't make sense. Trumps rhetoric goes in favor of gun owners. And profile of a gun owner who isn't game hunting in his spare time is very straightforward. I also fit in said profile, although I currently don't own guns. If you need a lot of guns for your own safety, which is the main reason to possess guns aside from animal hunting, then you don't have trust in your government. You don't believe they are doing enough to keep you and your family from harms way. Which means that typical owner of lot of guns is mostly anti-government person. But being anti-government doesn't mean you're anti Trump, especially because Trump still acts in public like he's opposing government and not leading it.

He chose to target a largely Conservative, 2nd amendment supporting crowd at a country music festival using legal firearms that were illegally converted.

It might not make sense at first glance but alot of Leftwing/Democrats in the United States have a spiteful angry mentality.

Example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/02/cbs-fires-lawyer-for-facebook-post-saying-las-vegas-victims-do-not-deserve-sympathy/?utm_term=.ffc0f99f4e02

This just isn't your average person's thoughts, it's the thoughts of a Vice-President of a multi-billion dollar popular Left-wing media corporation.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:22 am »
Of course the usual suspects are drinking mightily from the diseased dick of regressive media. Discussing with these morons is pointless. Hey Leshman, do you remember the Lanza kid and his school shooting? Would it surprise you to learn he was an avid anti-gun fanatic, and this is confirmed by his internet presence and comments? No, of course you don't, because you're an ignorant easily led lemming.

Like I said early on in the thread, that the media immediately focused on MUH GUN CONTROL and did not attempt to place any blame whatsoever on political leaning is proof in and of itself what the guy's political leanings were. If the fact of the target being almost stereotypically a conservative republican gathering isn't enough.

Strange how there are no hints whatsoever of the motive, still. Media usually love to predict and toss out guesses and prognostications with this sort of event, now it's 100% focused on the HOW rather than the WHY. Hmmmm what a mystery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2017, 12:17:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I'm sure there was absolutely nothing salient on there.

bonus nsfw pic of the dead shooter:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2017, 12:30:24 pm »
Yeah I'm sure if it was an old white male shooting up a Beyoncé concert everyone would be extremely reserved about motives and there would be no irresponsable declarations and political grandstanding.

Hey remind me about the Cville neo-naz1 terrorist attack again Heskey. Yes you are clearly an objective and coldly rational being who does not get bamboozled by emotional racist frenchmanry masquerading as news.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »
Yeah gj Heskey, I'm the gullible idiot willing to believe anything if it accords with my worldview. I'm suuuuuurrreeee we woudn't be hearing about evil white male neo-naz1 racist priviledge being reinforced by Drumpf's VIOLENT RHETORIC if the target could even slightly be conceived as left-leaning or "minority" in any way.

Let's just ignore those republican congressman shot by an insane left-wing political fanatic on a baseball field, that was just a random happenstance as well, no need to run a thousand virtue signaling articles and political grandstanding racist frenchmanry. The real issue there was MUH GUN CONTROL, as usual.

Can't help but notice you didn't respond to the Cville arguement, as you haven't ever since your initial reaction, fed to you entirely by regressive media, has dissapeared and faded into obscurity. I'm not gonna let that one go, I'm gonna rub the trial all over your stupid fucking retarded face. It's gonna be great.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »
With that in mind I'm feeling slightly in favour of the perfectly rational group of people protesting, let me just check the videos/images from the day and...... oh they're all dressed as Nazis shouting 'blood and soil'... great...

Then one of them drives their car into a crowd. How very Nice of him.

Lol you really are the perfect news media consumer. I bet you still believe Brown was screaming "Hands up don't shoot!" before being executed by a sneering fat blond cop. Keep it up, I love all these declarative statements you've made on the event with not one iota of research beyond what was presented to you on a silver platter. Gonna be nice to see those retroactively put side by side with what will emerge during the trial.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

This is all 4chan autism so far, but the Pussy Hat parade links are pretty convincing. Not picked up by any media organization, despite how easy it would be to confirm or deny it.

The "islam" connection seems super weak. His wife is wearing a floral dress and hat in Dubai, doesn't seem particularly islamic to me. Not to mention philippino tagalog speakers are overwhelmingly christian. If it wasn't for ISIS claiming responsability going down this route of investigation would be even more tinfoil hat.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:10 pm »
Lets be real the shooter targeted a country music concert for a reason.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
+4
I like how Heskey and Oberyn use the -1 as a kind of acknowledge that they read each other's texts. Oberyn shows much more discipline with the following the protocol though.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »
That's because I'm actually concerned with the truth, not molding all facts to fit my personalized politics. Even Heskey can't bring himself to downvote rationality, despite his lack of it when it comes to these sort of events. The first regressive stupidity that coddles his little balls is reinforced over and over despite all evidence otherwise. Classic Heskey.