Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 29286 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: 7/16/2017
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2017, 06:44:23 pm »
No, we have to see Bran seeing the fucking dead giants marching to the wall to show us that Night's king has dead giants.
But I guess you're complaining just for the sake of it.
Nice job editing my comment so it fits your reply. You would have still seen the fucking dead giants marching to the wall to show us that Night's king has fucking dead giants.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 06:46:27 pm »
+2
I ain't seen this new episode yet but previously in the series whenever someone was seeing something in the fire didn't we just see their faces in those cases as well? Like when Stannis did it.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 06:50:15 pm »
I ain't seen this new episode yet but previously in the series whenever someone was seeing something in the fire didn't we just see their faces in those cases as well? Like when Stannis did it.
Probably I dont remember, maybe I am just remembering the book stuff. It would have been awesome if they had panned into the fire though.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2017, 07:51:30 pm »
+1
Nice job editing my comment so it fits your reply. You would have still seen the fucking dead giants marching to the wall to show us that Night's king has fucking dead giants.
Thanks, though I actually misunderstood your post a bit.
Still, what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me. Would you prefer to see Bran's face during the vision rather than the Hound's?
We still got to see what he saw. But we also saw his reaction to that. Wtf are you complaining about?  :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 09:37:51 pm »
+1
HYPE

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I was half convinced this was about some new Avatar related something

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 04:39:32 am »
+2
ye i don't like sansa as a character, but she changes and progresses over the course of the show which is nice in terms of development

i just think the performance by turner throughout has made sansa seem way more flat as a whole that what she should be at this point

Well she doesnt really progress as a character, its more like a snap from being a weakling to strong leader with no real middle ground. At least thats how it felt to me, just all of a sudden she decided to be a completely different character. I dislike her too, boring and annoying character.

I kind of like Aryas stuff going on, and the hound is enoyable. But the rest is just wack, so many enjoyable characters killed off and now we're left with these? Come on bruh. When the dramatic music played as dragon girl with her diversity gang landed it seemed like i was suppose to feel as if were finally there or some sort of accomplishment has been done, i think? I didnt anyways, it just felt like thing happened what now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »
+1
Well she doesnt really progress as a character, its more like a snap from being a weakling to strong leader with no real middle ground. At least thats how it felt to me, just all of a sudden she decided to be a completely different character. I dislike her too, boring and annoying character.

I kind of like Aryas stuff going on, and the hound is enoyable. But the rest is just wack, so many enjoyable characters killed off and now we're left with these? Come on bruh. When the dramatic music played as dragon girl with her diversity gang landed it seemed like i was suppose to feel as if were finally there or some sort of accomplishment has been done, i think? I didnt anyways, it just felt like thing happened what now.

With so many "main" characters in the story, I don't really feel the need (nor do I think it'd be all that easy) to like every one of them. Arya, Jaime, Jorah, Tormund, and the Hound (maybe Brienne as well?)... those are basically all the ones I really care for at this point. Tyrion is of course dope, but since his story overlaps with Daenerys' all the time he's definitely gotten the short end of the stick as of late. Jon is decent I guess, but he's such a classic protagonist that he falls short of the more developed characters. Bran has been neglected for so long it's hard to really care for what he's doing anymore. Feels like he's been "on his way south" for 3 seasons now. Also Euron is growing on me as a villain... I at first feared he might be a throwaway henchman of Cersei, just a simple plot device to give her a fleet of ships, but at least based on the latest episode it seems he might be getting some more screen time.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2017, 05:23:06 pm »
+1
Euron had a pretty great last episode. Definitely enjoyed Episode 2. Also what the fuck Theon...

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »
+1

ye, i tried to give her something redeeming but her experience in king's landing and with ramsay has only made her an angsty little bitch who is really starting to annoy the fuck out of me especially since she's doing all of this shit to undermine jon.

i suppose points of interest will remain around whatever littlefinger, varys, euron, & cersei scheme up. tbh ever since samwell tarly headed off to the citadel i've liked his character a bit more, less screen time for that godforsaken gilly and he is becoming quite useful. still a really slow start, especially for a 7 episode season. i hope jon & dany bang and then bran tells them "hey gamers, you two are aunt & nephew"

also @james i started giggling hard when theon booked it, i was like "fking delayers man"

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 06:03:55 pm »
+1
With so many "main" characters in the story, I don't really feel the need (nor do I think it'd be all that easy) to like every one of them. Arya, Jaime, Jorah, Tormund, and the Hound (maybe Brienne as well?)... those are basically all the ones I really care for at this point. Tyrion is of course dope, but since his story overlaps with Daenerys' all the time he's definitely gotten the short end of the stick as of late. Jon is decent I guess, but he's such a classic protagonist that he falls short of the more developed characters. Bran has been neglected for so long it's hard to really care for what he's doing anymore. Feels like he's been "on his way south" for 3 seasons now. Also Euron is growing on me as a villain... I at first feared he might be a throwaway henchman of Cersei, just a simple plot device to give her a fleet of ships, but at least based on the latest episode it seems he might be getting some more screen time.

Yeah its unrealistic to be expecting to enjoy all the characters. I guess my issue is that the few that i do like are kind of lacking in screen time, and maybe that their plot lines are progressing too slowly. The pacing has felt slow in general the last season and now the start of this one, feels a bit more filler'y than it was at least in 1-4.. Maybe it picks it back up, its impressive that its been so good for so long anyways.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 06:08:15 pm »
+1
Yeah it's definitely hard to determine whether or not the pacing is right until we actually finish the season... could be a slow build for a reason. That said, I can't help but feel that most of arya's scenes thus far have been filler just to give her more screen time since she's a fan favorite. Both her meeting her wolf (only to get rejected) and ed sheeran were both useless imo, and felt like nothing more than filler. The only worthwhile scenes of hers have been the opening scene from ep 1 where she kills the freys, and then when she runs into hotpie and he tells her to go north. Plenty of other scenes have definitely felt like they've had limited use but it just seems more apparent that they're milking arya's fame imo.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »
+2
One thing I didn't get - is Sam going to just simply cut off all the "stonescale" pieces off Jorah's body? Is that the secret healing process?
It just seems like an overly painful and not effective way to heal.

Also, I really, really liked the Nymeria scene.

ed sheeran
I'd disagree, this scene was important for Arya to give her a more humane outlook on her "enemies", namely that not all the enemies are evil. It's something she lacked a bit IMO.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »
The wolf scene is used to show that nymeria is still alive. I think in the books we hear about a pack of wolves lead by a direwolf but I don't think they had shown that in the show yet.

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 06:31:46 pm »
"Hey Nymeria"

"Hey Arya"

"So, wanna hang out in Winterfell?"

"Nope, not enough direwolf CGI budget as usual, I'm off bai"

I really liked that scene though, shows how much Arya has changed since season 1.

Also, I was hoping Euron would (book spoiler)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 06:39:57 pm »
+1
I really liked the scenes with Randyll Tarly this episodes, he's my favorite character alongside Stannis.

Also wtf, people like Jon? He's a bastard shit and was crowned king in the north? nigga pls. also sansa "undermining" jon is just good since he's annoying also what she said last episode about giving the castles to other houses is just logical also what she said about him not going is also logical fuck jon snow