Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 37659 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2018, 09:35:44 am »
Xant since you have a lot of hours in this game, what's the rough sound range (in meters for example) for someone walking and opening doors, without comtacs? I was in a Factory raid spawned on forklift and I couldn't hear someone open the doors from breach room. Also no idea how far they can hear me when I walk at normal speed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2018, 01:25:19 pm »
No idea, I always use comtacs.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2018, 02:19:15 pm »
Customs has been my go-to for PvP for a while now, too. Factory is nice because you're guaranteed to run into players fast, but it gets so boring when most of the time all you run into are hatchlings.

Customs Boilers spawn especially can get pretty crazy right from the start:

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2018, 02:39:52 pm »
Nice kills there. Boilers is usually pretty intense yeah, I almost always spawn there and you immediately hear shots and grenades flying around.

Yeah, lots of hatchlings in Factory usually, though sometimes it's a full on bloodshed between really geared people. Lost my fort/fast/m4 yesterday on Factory figting 3 fort/fast/m4 people, managed to take two down at least. My fort was blasted to shit after the fight against the two so I was basically armorless for the fight against the last guy and lost. Though again I needed to empty my stash so didn't really feel bad for losing that gear, I got a good fight from it so it's worth it to me.

Right now I'm considering wether I should go full in and get EoD version for the stash size and gamma container. Apparently a wipe might be coming this month, so it'd make sense since you have to reset your account to upgrade. Right now I've got all my traders on level 3, not really bothering with the grindy quests if the wipe is coming soon and I'm just going around the maps doing my own thing. Most of the quests I have atm are in Shoreline as well and I don't really feel like playing that map. Feel like level 3 on traders is more than enough to kill geared people anyway, Paca+6B helmet, ak74, though I don't have access to the best ammo, PP/PS still feels sufficient.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
I upgraded to EoD after like a week of playing, simply because I was so hooked. It's already been worth the money, I've got like 150-200 hours in the game, and even in this short period of time they've made some really great changes and additions with every patch. With the wipe we'll get the new map, which looks fucking amazing, and supposedly they've used new optimization techniques on it, so hopefully performance will be good. There'll also be a ton of new content with that patch.

I loved doing most of the quests myself, they gave context and added excitement to raids. Having an objective, and having to survive, was pretty cool. Of course that's only the quests where you do something intelligent. Those grindy "find 10000 rare items" quests are dumb.

Level 3 traders is definitely enough. The "omg I just get raped by fort+fast people ;(" complaint is pretty common, but the reason those people get raped is because players running fort+fast are almost always more experienced, not because their gear is better. I myself run PACA+Fast with visor these days. 6B is almost as good as a Fast, and a fuckload cheaper (2000 dollars for fast+comtacs+visor). Only thing you're really missing is RSASS, which is really good with the M61 ammo. You completely ignore every kind of armor. But AKM is my favorite gun regardless.

I just wish they'll tone down the aim punch they added in 0.7.6. It's a bit extreme. But because of it, Fort armor is especially bad now. If you get a bead on someone, it's unlikely they'll be able to return fire effectively no matter what their armor is because it doesn't help at all against aim punch.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2018, 11:28:40 pm »
Man, been running factory a bit more to practice with AKM. Unfortunately, 80% of the factory runs are pretty much hatchlings, so it's usually just a 1v1 vs another geared guy with 4 hatchlings running around. What I don't get is that these hatchlings are often level 30-50. I mean... ???? I understand hatching when you're low level and don't have anything, but holy hell, what are they doing.

But yeah, as said before getting used to AKM now. I was in a fight in Customs yesterday against a fort/fast/m4 and my AK-74n just outright lost. Those PP bullets got absorbed, 6 bullets hit no kill. That made me think maybe it's time to switch to 7.62. I can only buy PS rounds but they're a bit better at piercing and have greater damage than 5.45 PP. Willing to deal with a bit of an extra kick on the rifle if it means taking down forts faster.

This is what I use to mod it and it makes the recoil very controllable:
TT Adapter + DTK-1 compensator
TT 10000 Mount + Belomo PK-06 Reflex Sight
Magpul Moe Handguard + AFG M-LOK Tact. grip
Recoil Pad
RK-3 Grip

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2018, 12:27:27 pm »
More than anything, the soft skill for recoil control matters. It can be cheesed really easy by taking an AKS, the cheapest ammo possible, and just going to fire it on Shoreline night with backbag full of that shit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2018, 02:26:59 pm »
Didn't know that soft skill for recoil matters the most. Though not surprising, looking at what kind of advantages you get with certain soft skills. Really hope they tweak those around to not provide such large boosts and maybe make gains from them bigger at sub 20 skill level, with each higher level giving you less boost, so there's still something to grind towards without ridiculous differences between low and high skill levels.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2018, 09:36:44 pm »
Recoil soft skill is easy to level organically, at least. I only got 3-4 levels by cheesing it.

Also, wipe coming this month confirmed. Guess it's time to lose everything.

Looking forward to it. Going to be fun to be afraid of losing stuff again.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2018, 12:55:15 am »
Damn, people are stacked now due to the event. Went into Customs solo and wiped 2 teams of 3 people, every single one of them fort/fast/m4. Huge haul but since I was solo I had to leave so much shit behind.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:03:27 am by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2018, 01:21:26 am »
Hahaha, bet that was cool. I tried to play but servers are kill. Wouldn't even let me hit "ready."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2018, 04:11:15 pm »
Preliminary big patch notes:
https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/66038-preliminary-patchnotes-080/?_fromLogin=1

Looks exciting. Multiple changes and additions here that I am looking forward to.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:22:37 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »
Yeah, the patch notes are fucking dope, and it doesn't even list the new guns and items.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2018, 12:36:15 pm »
My favorites are (apart from optimization which is always welcome, but I doubt it'll solve much as it's a long long process and the game is in a very wonky state performance wise):
Antialiasing options (2x, 4x) in graphics settings - this is very nice
All the trader changes (new rewards, unlock conditions, etc) - hopefully they reworked the dumbass tasks that are rng grind (such as bring 30000 tushonkas)
Adjusted chances of items’ spawn on locations - I'm hoping this means a bit higher chances on certain important keys and keyrings/docs cases, so it isn't such an rng fest
Removed skill rollback - this was a dumb mechanic, I'm happy it's gone
Helmet damage mechanics - modular hit zones (including face area) - Makes SMGs, pistols and shotties actually viable
Basic recoil increased by 20% - there was basically no recoil before and you could spray down people from very far away, so this is good
Aimpunch is strongly reduced - the most frustrating thing last patch that basically robbed you of 1v1 wins
Various fixes to the current skills - though not very specific, hopefully means some changes to superman strength and stuff like that
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:39:49 pm by Vibe »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:16 pm »
I was really hoping they would introduce mag loading and healing in the same version. Kinda feel like this will introduce some pacing problems. More healing, less shooting. But overall it sounds really good.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.