Author Topic: Me lazy, send help  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Me lazy, send help
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:49:55 am »
+5
Im so damn lazy and unmotivated to do anything atm, getting myself to play a video game for an hour feels like a productive accomplishment because i even struggle to do that. I just watch trash on youtube/twitch or sleep all day. Anyone been through similar? I get a workout when at my job, so i really cba going to the gym.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Me lazy, send help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:23:08 am »
+3
That's most of our lives tbh, we're all lazy shitstains. Why do something productive when you can avoid it for as long as possible even though you really need to get your ass in gear?  8-)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:47:53 am »
I feel the same except for crpg/m&b and sometimes TK. All other games I have I have no motivation to fire up or if I do I quit 10 minutes later.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:36:32 am »
+3
Whenever I don't want to go to the gym I just watch this

and then I go to the gym.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 2181
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 04:00:00 am »
+1
depression... it's global epidemic

but yeah, games are bore cuz you seen it all
about mundane daily tasks you need to accomplish
switch off brain, go into autopilot
just do it as shia would say

now i feel more joy on a nice day looking at nature than 'entertaining' myself
go for a walk, it always does body good

make a child with some female, you'll feel joy watching it develop, very demanding tho, if it attaches to you it's either 24/7 job or letting it cry a lil bit

edit: games feel like work becuz they are designed that way. grind is in every modern game, you can't avoid it.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 08:05:27 am »
Having a bad day once in a while is not a depression. Inflationary use of the term has become ridiculous these days... same for Burn Out.
Just saying...

Get your shit together and push through. A question of character and mindset more than anything.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:35:16 am »
+2

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 09:08:13 am »
+1
Im so damn lazy and unmotivated to do anything atm, getting myself to play a video game for an hour feels like a productive accomplishment because i even struggle to do that. I just watch trash on youtube/twitch or sleep all day. Anyone been through similar? I get a workout when at my job, so i really cba going to the gym.

jump in a plane and climb a mountain with me.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 10:14:15 am »
There's nothing to play, all new games are shit etc. You got too much on your platter of large projects / things to complete so you delay them and that results in sleep and wasting a lot of time on youtube and browsing the web.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I wouldnt say its depression, i also feel the word is used a bit widely now. Mild anxiety maybe. But i think you are right on the "seen it all" as far as games go. Ive actually recently had the most fun grinding in games, but the lack of MMO's to fish in now has me bored.

When you say unmotivated to do anything, are you just talking about the gym or is there anything else you feel like you should be doing?

Might help us know what we're dealing with, is it just gym demotivation or a procrastination spiral about something else?

It's not even to do properly productive like going to the gym, its generally trying to get into any video game at all. I feel like i should be playing video games, trying to get better at most of the ones im hyped about, but then when i get to it i just kind of slip away and just start watching youtube instead.

jump in a plane and climb a mountain with me.

Climbing Kebnekaise here in sweden this summer already, but maybe i can squeeze another mountain climbing in there.

Having a bad day once in a while is not a depression. Inflationary use of the term has become ridiculous these days... same for Burn Out.
Just saying...

Get your shit together and push through. A question of character and mindset more than anything.

Well, its been the same for 1 or 2 years now. Might just be lack of video games that interest me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »
+1
Go into the most unfair p2w korean mmo and grind your way as a f2p to the top. That's a life goal.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 01:09:33 pm »
Go into the most unfair p2w korean mmo and grind your way as a f2p to the top. That's a life goal.

I was considering doing that on the new archeage servers, but they arent p2w yet. I could grind and become a god though.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 01:13:03 pm »
+3
If I'm not playing a game for a very long period of time I feel like I've wasted my time, even now as I have a bachelor assignment to finish + 3 other uni projects. The mind is a beautiful thing.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »
If I'm not playing a game for a very long period of time I feel like I've wasted my time, even now as I have a bachelor assignment to finish + 3 other uni projects. The mind is a beautiful thing.

Yeah same here, but i dont actually have anything to study or keep up with outside of games, and ive got short workdays so tons of free time.

(click to show/hide)

I prefer active grinding over browser game stuff, runescape and maplestory used to fit this perfectly. I always dual monitor a twitch stream, and yeah theres something about watching certain games that makes them more enjoyable than playing them yourself (and in case of lack of streams i randomize my 6 seasons of Xena for top tier entertainment). I also feel like i should want to play something, i should want to beat X game but when i launch them its like im having fun, but i still dont want to play more than 15 minutes. Strange phenomenon. I blame game developers for playing everything too safe, even dark souls 3 is incredibly unappealing.

I think i might pick up the new Zelda game for the switch though, its getting crazy good praise. Should be good.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:47:33 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2069
  • Infamy: 1253
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »
From what I've seen Zelda is wonderfully made game, Horizon: Zero Dawn for PS4 is similar in that respect.

But I doubt you'll see anything new in there. Maybe something unusual for Zelda games or light RPG genre, I know they tried to simulate couple things and incorporate them into gameplay.

Problem with modern game industry is lack of skilled designers (old designers were better programmers and had more sound ideas but were heavily restricted with early hardware) coupled with money driven goals. It was always about money, but there was some leeway and people actually believed if they make a best game they could atm it will sell. Now there are marketing teams who have researched ton of stuff and know what sells and what not. They don't allow experiments which cost ton of money but aren't likely to bring extra buck.

Devs are going heavy with mechanics that build addiction, games are trying to tie you to them. Very few care about actual experience, there are mostly experiments with VR but those can't really be called finished games or complete virtual experiences. But from my point of view VR or AR is the way to go, shame people aren't willing to seriously bite into it. Imagine VR arenas where with some clever real-time orientation control could truly allow people to teleport themselves into another world. I think such a thing where you pay a ticket for few hours is better for VR experience than in home attempt which will always be constrained by lack of available space.

One of recent games I really liked is Factorio, it is really well made and incredibly addictive sim. But after a while you start to feel that someone is leading you by the nose, like when you're grinding in aRPG like Diablo. There is no difference between playing those games or some browser clicker game (like this one for example: https://swarmsim.github.io). It's all about numbers and time it takes for numbers to grow larger. No amount of shiny pixels and rewards can conceal true nature of games made in such a way.