Author Topic: Bow need up  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Bow need up
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 03:17:30 am »
bow if you go str damag is ok but unreal targeting  , if you go agi and 6PD some armor dont even feel your atacks with warbow!

erm.....bullshit. I got lvl 30 archer, 140 wpf bow, 60 wpf 1h, 40 wpf 2h. This guy does it all: Makes STUPID amounts of money: Snipes peoples faces, theres NO armour you can buy that a hit from warbow or longbow wont make you rock back, and thanks to 18 str 20 agi (21 at lvl 31) I regularly just ditch my bow and rape people in melee, with 1h and 2h weapons. I have all the armours I want, and literally, when Im doing good, its me at the top of one team, Finn on the other, he will tell you, archers melt faces now.

I can outsnipe STUPID archers using strongbow and lesser bows, it insults me that they even bother. Same with Xbows, the hunting and almost fire faster than longbow, but NOONE offers real competition to 18 str archers, we are the great unwashed, killing who we want at range or in melee. Although speed of fire is down, accuracy seems to be UP. You can make your archer godlike by lvl 22, if not 15.

Also Im gonna retire soon as poss, and rebuild with 100% of wpf in archery....then I dont know, but I imagine it will be annoying to try to siege MY castle.

Throwing dmg DOES need nerfing tho....bloody KNIVES can 1shot peasants......
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:20:09 am »
erm.....bullshit. I got lvl 30 archer, 140 wpf bow, 60 wpf 1h, 40 wpf 2h. This guy does it all: Makes STUPID amounts of money: Snipes peoples faces, theres NO armour you can buy that a hit from warbow or longbow wont make you rock back, and thanks to 18 str 20 agi (21 at lvl 31) I regularly just ditch my bow and rape people in melee, with 1h and 2h weapons. I have all the armours I want, and literally, when Im doing good, its me at the top of one team, Finn on the other, he will tell you, archers melt faces now.

I can outsnipe STUPID archers using strongbow and lesser bows, it insults me that they even bother. Same with Xbows, the hunting and almost fire faster than longbow, but NOONE offers real competition to 18 str archers, we are the great unwashed, killing who we want at range or in melee. Although speed of fire is down, accuracy seems to be UP. You can make your archer godlike by lvl 22, if not 15.

Also Im gonna retire soon as poss, and rebuild with 100% of wpf in archery....then I dont know, but I imagine it will be annoying to try to siege MY castle.

Throwing dmg DOES need nerfing tho....bloody KNIVES can 1shot peasants......

Wow, someone is exaggerating.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 03:23:08 am »
what bit? :P

Seriously, I can post some screenshots of scores at mapchange if you want?

And ok, maybe knives dont ONESHOT peons, but 2 will kill for sure...
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 03:28:58 am »
Well, I'm currently using a Strongbow+bodkins, have PD6 and 117 wpf (using mail nerfs this somewhat) and it's alright as long as I aim carefully, and the damage is decent. I'll probably go for PD7, as well, since I'm fine with the accuracy. Also have 6 PS & 60 polearm wpf, which is enough for decent meleeing as well. I'm fairly happy how it performs, really, although it did suck before 6 PS & PD (18 str made it fun, really). 12 agi makes it a bit rough... but eh, movement and attack speed is already decent at that level.

I'll try a warbow or longbow when I have 15 agility, probably.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:38:29 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 10:42:48 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:36 am »
All we need is  Pierce damage. We dont need to speed up we dont need more damage its all about Pierce. Trust me i played a 220 wpf archer and i agree with decreasing our shoot rate but its not much fun trying to kill a tank with 6-7 arrows. Its like to play as a Fly, flying around and get on enemies nerves. Frustrating!
 Its just ridiculous. My proposal is to decide between bodkins with pierce damage or large bodkin pack after retirement.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:03:05 am by Lanic0r »

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:28 am »
No one noticed that arrows act as homing missiles? Really?

The main reason why I stopped playing my archer is not the dmg nerf but stupid auto-aim. Random close range head shots anyone? No, you are not that good ego-maniac, your dices just rolled in your favour and you scored head shot without proper aiming. You know you didn't have time to aim but it happens every so often regardless.
And arrows making sudden curves towards target even though your aim was off and should have missed?

I've had an archer for a long time before this patch and it required much more skill to score a hit before. I've heard it even required more skill when c-rpg came to life but I wasn't there to witness.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 01:14:01 pm »
All we need is  Pierce damage. We dont need to speed up we dont need more damage its all about Pierce. Trust me i played a 220 wpf archer and i agree with decreasing our shoot rate but its not much fun trying to kill a tank with 6-7 arrows. Its like to play as a Fly, flying around and get on enemies nerves. Frustrating!
 Its just ridiculous. My proposal is to decide between bodkins with pierce damage or large bodkin pack after retirement.

And how many shots do you think it should take to bring down someone who spends tons of money on protection and cannot retaliate at your range?

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 01:19:17 pm »
I suggest multishot for archers. Arrows should split up and headshot 3 nearby targets on impact.  :lol:

Offline Mr Potato

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:52 pm »
I m a lvl 23 archer (18 strengh/15 agility, 136 archery, 22 TH, 3 Athletics/6 PD/ 5WP) Yes, I m not the best archer around, but archery feels (for me) now after the update much better. The only thing I would change is cut damage back to pierce. My accuracy is not  great, but I get 8-11 kills per game now using warbow and a Green Tunic over Mail (SIEGE). Before the update I used ge 7 kills tops (yea, pretty crap). And something else,  I can get 3-4 shots from other archers at the chest and I'll be able to survive, however, I only survive 1-2 shots from a xbow tops (hate those guys with  xbows :P).  So please, change cut to pierce, it would help a lot.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »
heirloom arrows gives only more arrows  , and to heirloom you need to play 10\24 ) i with boodkins + warbow need 6-7 arrows to kill tank)

Welcome to the world of the one hander... only your job is less risky.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 02:10:26 pm »
I think Archery is finally really well balanced. I got a 30lv archer -> so im not trolling here.

Crossbow would need some increasement for costs and reload time and throwing nerf for dmg.

+1

Archery is exactly were it should be..
Xbows needs a damage nerf, throwing prolly could use the same jack off animation as archery has.... throwing needs to slow down
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 02:13:33 pm »
Changing bows back to pierce with most people wearing much less armour would make them hillarious. If anything, crossbows and throwing could use some adjustments, archery is fine tbh.

It's not like archers are particularly problematic to play, you have fun shooting people, get some kills, then switch to melee once melee approaches (6 powerstrike for the win), get some more kills (or die if it's someone who has better blocking skills, but oh well), then back to archery or keep fighting together with the infantry... eh. In fact, it's quite fun (mostly I play my archer and my horseman nowdays).

Basically, for me, an archer is like a normal infantryman with less wpf and some less points (and a bow+arrow to upkeep, so less armour) which is a bit worse at melee but can shoot at range. I went str and PD first (12 agi, 18 str), and the accuracy (with strongbow, atm, I'll try warbow when I grind the money) resembles old crossbow reticule at the moment - but it's not really a problem, since you can fire quite quickly regardless and you could still hit people at range with the old crossbow anyway, since the arrow/bolt often goes into the center regardless of reticule size.

Of course, I suspect the "I'm going to roll with 30 agi and run and shoot" people are less effective without autocannon of doom light bows.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:15:44 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »
what bit? :P

Seriously, I can post some screenshots of scores at mapchange if you want?

And ok, maybe knives dont ONESHOT peons, but 2 will kill for sure...
isnt that the best thing about having 9 pt?  :wink:

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:07 pm »
isnt that the best thing about having 9 pt?  :wink:

Of course after putting so many points in str, a dedicated melee will tear you apart with their speed.  This is the problem I've been having.  There are a few characters out there who are so much faster than me, it is impossible for me to fight them without help.  I can block their attacks, but I cannot strike back.  And I've only devoted half my character to throwing.