Author Topic: How's life in OKAM going?  (Read 6934 times)

Offline _Zetan_

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miserable_Old_Bastard
Re: How's life in OKAM going?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 01:25:14 am »
+2
i bought the game and cant even play it. The settings are all the way down and still laggy as shit. I really dislike the okam and rather crpg still be playable.
I know the creators wanted to make some cash and have their own game but man this sucks.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 04:57:11 am »
It's not so bad. I personally liked the combat in the prealpha tests more than the one after release, but it might just be because of the hit detection being fucked atm.
Anyway let's hope it gets better. Afterall, black&white cRPG.txt also wasn't the best thing ever, but it turned out pretty good...
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 10:10:44 am »
+1
I can't be asked to write basically the exact same thing so i'm copy pasting my comment from discord:

All that's happening is that people are waiting for content, that's it. I'm not playing because I want to wait for more content to get into the game (Well.. I also bought EU4 and now I'm addicted) it's not that people are leaving and giving up on the game, it's that they want new shit to enjoy and are just waiting for it to appear.

The reason I'm okay with waiting is because I don't mind how long it takes, that's not the same as everyone else, but I'm still with the game regardless of whether it takes 5 years to complete (Even though that won't happen due to budgets etc etc.)

Game isn't dying, it's just that people are getting bored of doing the same thing over and over, if you do too much of the same game it kills it off, I can't play one game forever, it just wouldn't work out properly, I'd get bored and eventually hate the game. Which is exactly why I take large breaks after I've played a lot of a game.

I love OKAM personally and am happy it exists, we just gotta wait for more shit to appear. Also can we stop acting like OKAM killed C-RPG? C-RPG has been slowly dying for years now, people have gotten bored of it. Was OKAM the final nail in the coffin? Yeah. Kinda. But let's face the facts, if people wanted to play C-RPG they would, and they're not. Let's not act as if the big bad OKAM destroyed it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Hearst_

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • kurwa mać!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ReBorn/Kremsies <3
  • Game nicks: ReBorn_Hearst/LiveYourLife(нуб)
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 02:25:02 pm »
+2
Shiet af. I want my money back.
Я люблю твою улыбку
хахахахаха))))

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »

TLDR

Also can we stop acting like OKAM killed C-RPG? C-RPG has been slowly dying for years now, people have gotten bored of it. Was OKAM the final nail in the coffin? Yeah. Kinda. But let's face the facts, if people wanted to play C-RPG they would, and they're not. Let's not act as if the big bad OKAM destroyed it.
No we can't.
But that's OK as native works just fine for me now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:44:10 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 06:39:42 pm »
No we can't.
But that's OK as native works just fine for me now.
Lol okay then buddy, blame it on whatever you want. I think I'll blame it on 9/11 today. Maybe tomorrow I'll blame it on this pizza place I liked shutting down. Damn pizza place, ruined C-RPG!

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 06:54:42 pm »
hi

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2003
  • Infamy: 1251
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:24 pm »
+5
I was much hyped after those initial combat tests because it looked really good and promising. Like actual improvement on Warband mechanics. But these early alpha videos have combat that looks just as bad like War of the Roses/Vikings. Stiff animations, horrible leg movement. Won't even go into changes they made. chadz called it good change, I remember when he wrote that missive explaining how there is no perfect combat system but they think new change is in the right direction. Maybe if polished, dunno, atm definitely it isn't.

I mean Warband combat looks awful after you stop playing it for awhile, but at least it has incredible depth to keep you occupied. Haven't seen any depth in OKAM combat so far. On the other hand, those Bannerlord videos look sweet. Definite improvement over Warband combat, you can see it even from videos.

Epic will probably bail this game out. But combat which should be strong point of such game, just isn't where it should be.

Also the direction they choose, removal of super builds and incentive to grind. I did joke but there is some truth to it when I said chadz that I'm his average consumer, pathetic bastard who's grinding for stats whole day. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case, people playing video games like to waste time grinding for boosts and pixelated goods. Systems that try to circumvent that don't go very well with players and those games eventually die. Grind and potential builds were big part why cRPG took off, those crazy lvl 45 gen 60 potential builds made players work for it and play whole goddamn day.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:17:48 pm by Leshma »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »
+2
Damn pizza place, ruined C-RPG!

EDIT: according to your long post that I replied to you say people stopped playing cRPG because they got bored with it why then are there always alot of people still playing native which is alot more restrictive and more potential for boredom?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:22:50 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
My okam forum mysteriously hasn't worked (can't post) since the day I threatened to set fire to zimkes beard if he didn't add lederhosen and he sent me a fail warning. If devs can't handle a simple joke these days then fuck knows how they are dealing with all this negative press and feedback.

Crpg with 0 population > okam

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »

EDIT: according to your long post that I replied to you say people stopped playing cRPG because they got bored with it why then are there always alot of people still playing native which is alot more restrictive and more potential for boredom?
People are idiots, that doesn't make my point incorrect.
I could also argue the point of "Why weren't they playing C-RPG when C-RPG was popular" it's because C-RPG wasn't played by everyone in native.
Native is the base game, base games always have large population, mods however, do not.

People still play Call of Duty 4, people still play Dark Souls, people still play Battlefield Vietnam. There's a big difference between a GAME and a MOD.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 04:08:25 am »
+2
I would pay modestly for a c-RPG pre 2012 "Tydeus & Shit-Balance-Team" item/stat fuckups.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 08:47:34 am »
+1
I would pay modestly for a c-RPG pre 2012 "Tydeus & Shit-Balance-Team" item/stat fuckups.

Tydeus owes a time machine to all of us.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 12:30:55 pm »
Could anyone shortly summarize the history of cRPG? I'm relatively a newmy old friend here (played a bit in 2013/2014, got addicted in 2015), so I don't know all of this Tydesu drama.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »
+3
Could anyone shortly summarize the history of cRPG? I'm relatively a newmy old friend here (played a bit in 2013/2014, got addicted in 2015), so I don't know all of this Tydesu drama.

1 day chad wus build c arr pee gee an he was lik "fk i hate every1" so then he hired cmp
the end

plz dont hurt me cmp was just a prank bro