Author Topic: Leveling should be removed  (Read 2054 times)

Offline darude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Leveling should be removed
« on: July 09, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »
Question:

Because of level 37-38s and people having so much loomed items that they can stick one up their arse if they'd like to, don't you think potential new players will think this mod sucks monstrous amounts of balls? And like this is not enough, they will also be faced with a grind to 35 that just sucks amazing amounts of tits.

Let's not complain this m o d  i s d e a d, or that there is a lack of players.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling should be removed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 07:01:49 pm »
If you remove leveling, why not remove gold and let everyone have all the items? Then you'll be left with just plain Native Warband multiplayer with slightly different animations and more equipment. Leveling itself is not the problem, the problem is how it's carried out. First of all, the leveling curve is just dumb. You get the first 30-something levels in one go, and once you get to 34 you have to endlessly grind to 35. There are some masochists who don't retire at 35.
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/xp-level/
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/flatten-xp-level-curve/
Flattening the xp/level curve would create bigger differences between low and high level chars. But then again, people would spend more time at lower levels, so you'd have more low level players running around rather than lvl 37 tryhards with all +3 items. The reason why people stay and not retire at 37 is that they don't get the appropriate amount of looms: you get 1 for 35 (8 mil xp), 3 for 36 (24 mil xp), and still 3(?) for 37 (110 mil xp).
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/release-the-multiplier-from-it's-x5-shackles!/
Also a good thing would be to wipe everyone's accounts. New players come into the game and get mauled by lvl 37 wizards with their loomed everything and tryhard skills. But a wipe would only work if you redo the xp/level curve. People like to level up and feel more powerful with each level. If I'm stuck at one level for an eternity, I won't enjoy it much.
Another reason why people get discouraged is the current tick system. Everyone in a team gets equal amount of xp and gold, regardless of how they contribute to the team. People like to be rewarded for their efforts and achievements, so we should get xp and gold at the end of each round, based on how much damage we dealt, how many kills we got, how long we stood at the flag and so on. If you did nothing - you get some base amount just to get new players going. If you did good - you get a bonus. Maybe add a general multiplier based on win/loss ratio so that players who clearly contribute to their team's victory get slightly more xp and gold while players who happen to lose more than win for some reason get less.

But I guess none of it will happen, all that's left is wait for August and OKAM EA, then I can finally leave this cesspool called cRPG.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:17:39 pm by Gurgumul »

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 07:40:12 pm »
+5
You just met good players tahts it. Good player with lvl 30 could retk 38 ez
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »
+2
"Leveling should be removed"

Mod needs Life support, telling an old 80+ year old to train to get a six pack, when he really needs practice in telling the nurses when his diaper needs changing, is a bit extreme.

Something like: EU5 level cap raised to MAX=34, EU1 & 2 capped to lvl 30+ OR Gen 2+

Offline darude

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
You just met good players tahts it. Good player with lvl 30 could retk 38 ez

The only people I have heard this from is from the high leveled. Funny!

Offline darude

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »

Mod needs Life support, telling an old 80+ year old to train to get a six pack, when he really needs practice in telling the nurses when his diaper needs changing, is a bit extreme.

Something like: EU5 level cap raised to MAX=34, EU1 & 2 capped to lvl 30+ OR Gen 2+

Keep a separate server for those +35. Would be much better.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »
haha

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 10:48:29 pm »
+2
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 10:58:55 pm »
I agree with this guy. The problem is it's probably too late. Had this been in when the level 35 patch arrived it could have worked because the new players would've stayed put.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 11:00:42 pm »
Keep a separate server for those +35. Would be much better.

servers would be even more empty then

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 11:00:57 pm »
+3
I agree with this guy. The problem is it's probably too late. Had this been in when the level 35 patch arrived it could have worked because the new players would've stayed put.

ye and the old players would have left, would have also made it impossible to retire and get loomed gear?

So problems stays, old players with loomed gear would have been op and new players with unloomed would have cried.

infinite circle of cRPG
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 11:21:51 pm »
Question:

Because of level 37-38s and people having so much loomed items that they can stick one up their arse if they'd like to, don't you think potential new players will think this mod sucks monstrous amounts of balls? And like this is not enough, they will also be faced with a grind to 35 that just sucks amazing amounts of tits.

best way to get masterwork as new player is to join a famous old clan...
few of them have 300+ mw in armory.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »
+1
ye and the old players would have left, would have also made it impossible to retire and get loomed gear?

So problems stays, old players with loomed gear would have been op and new players with unloomed would have cried.

infinite circle of cRPG

all we needed was a char wipe but all my posts ended up with 20-30 downvotes

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 12:40:29 am »
+2
Why not just play native then if you want to remove leveling? And new players start at level 26 now where as it was level 3 when I was a new player.

Plus new players get free mw items as well I cant remember how long it took me to get 1 loom point let alone mw when I was new.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 12:57:18 am »
+2

But... The mod is dead and it lacks players? It's 2016, there's no active devs and there's probably no more than 100-150 players in total still playing this mod. What do you expect?