Author Topic: I am officially retiring next week...  (Read 10063 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: I am officially retiring next week...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 03:39:44 am »
If you ever find yourself wanting to slide back to old habits, or actually sliding back to them, remember:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Alcohol is addictive and bad as fuck for you. In the past I've binged through 1.75l bottles of disgusting vodka in a night, not being hung over until the day after next. Bad shit.

I tried stopping completely a few years ago. Did that for several months. Now I have a few beers a few times a week, and haven't been shitfaced in a long while. I just never buy liquor except for holidays a couple times a year. I just can't help it, I make it disappear at an alarming rate.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 05:45:40 am »
Slightly off topic, but having known some drunks, I was informed that once you abuse alcohol for long enough your tolerance counter-intuitively goes down. Something to do with the liver being damaged to a point that it's ability to absorb alcohol properly gets wonky. A real hardcore drunk will get absolutely shitfaced on a very small volume of alcohol. If it reaches that stage the person is usually drunk 24/7 anyways and sobriety is nothing but a distant memory.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 08:17:09 am »

That's BS, steroids aren't harmful if used properly.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »
Where was that sourced from as well, I wasn't aware anyone had any dependency issues with LSD? I also had to look up what khat even is.
And how!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:12 pm »
+1
The data for that image was in a Lancet article a while back. You can look up plenty of other studies comparing drugs as well, alcohol is almost always in "it's bad, real bad" territory no matter what metrics they are using to compare drugs.

It's a good thing everyone that uses steroids does so with counsel and assistance from medical professionals, and not just some posts on t-nation.com lol that would be fucked up
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:57:22 pm by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:39 pm »
+1
So???
Even Heroin is not harmful if used properly.
I don't  think this is supposed to show what happens when used properly but what happens when used adictively.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 06:30:39 pm »
+5
excellent! let's have a drink to celebrate!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2502
  • Infamy: 473
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:18 pm »
You know those times I write something and you're like, wth is this person talking about? You just can relate in any way to it. Alcoholic stories are same thing for me. Don't like it, so far in life took under five liters of different beverages. Will drink in company and I'm great at it but just ain't feeling it. Never took a sip alone. Same goes for drugs, same goes for tobacco, same goes for coffee. Actually its not same for tobacco, it is worse. I absolutely detest every person who smokes that shit, it is beyond disgusting. Got rid of white sugar as well...

Can you please try to explain why you need alcoholic beverages in your life because I don't seem to understand what's the big deal about it?

Want to escape from reality? Sure thing, lock yourself up for couple hours in a basement and play video games, watch movies, masturbate etc. No need to ingest some shit into your body, it is more than capable of producing addiction on its on.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:28 pm »
Brains react very different to various drugs. some just give out so much rewarding messenges that the owner of these brains tent to take more of it.
some brains hardly reward for alkohol (like yours) so there is no impulse to consume.
so judging others is kind of unfair. just be happy you are not likely to get adicted and be sad at the same time that you don't get the same high from it like others do.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 09:58:01 pm »
+1
Can you please try to explain why you need alcoholic beverages in your life because I don't seem to understand what's the big deal about it?

thing addictive

do thing then want to do again

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:10 pm »
You know those times I write something and you're like, wth is this person talking about? You just can relate in any way to it. Alcoholic stories are same thing for me. Don't like it, so far in life took under five liters of different beverages. Will drink in company and I'm great at it but just ain't feeling it. Never took a sip alone. Same goes for drugs, same goes for tobacco, same goes for coffee. Actually its not same for tobacco, it is worse. I absolutely detest every person who smokes that shit, it is beyond disgusting. Got rid of white sugar as well...

Want to escape from reality? Sure thing, lock yourself up for couple hours in a basement and play video games, watch movies, masturbate etc. No need to ingest some shit into your body, it is more than capable of producing addiction on its on.

because alcohol/drugs make you unaware of the pathetic human being you resent to be.
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 11:21:53 pm »
+4
lock yourself up for couple hours in a basement and play video games

Doing a "leshma" can be much worse than being a drunk.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 956
  • Infamy: 1138
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 01:39:20 am »
Look who's talking :lol:

How's life in Azeroth these days?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2241
  • Infamy: 975
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 01:45:39 am »
some brains hardly reward for alkohol (like yours) so there is no impulse to consume.

Dude, it makes giggly and warm inside, hard liquor at least. Can't stand beer, taste like piss...

But don't feel the need to drink more like I do when eating sugar (this shit nasty, glad I stopped using it). Don't find it addictive one bit.

Alcohol is bad but sugar is worse imho. Just waiting till they finally agree it is major cancer inducing agent. Whoever invented it should rot in hell.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »
+4
You see that last bottle you said you'd buy? Don't.

Own your life. It's your call.

I have already decided against it :)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway