Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 79507 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #1005 on: July 01, 2016, 02:49:57 am »
You are totally incorrect. In fact, even if "everything" is made in China(which it isn't, but that's not suiting your narrative), China has to compete with local markets even in a "Global" world. If the local markets do not want (or cannot afford, which is also the case) the "cheap" Chinese goods, then China looses out. In fact, it's only cheap if they produce large quantities of it. China cannot make specialty (small scale) cheaper than elsewhere.

Also, China isn't the only "cheap" place. There's many countries that can do that (India, for example), that even amongst them, there is competition. China doesn't produce many "finished" products,either, merely the parts that go into them. Course, this doesn't fit your narrative, so you'll find some way to discredit it anyways.

Leshma's narrative is schizophrenic, he's already gone from "the sky is faaaaallling, UK destroyed it's economy, the EU is laughing at them" to "Hm, looks like the UK might get out of this in even better shape than the rest of the EU". Discussing politics with Leshma is pointless, his thought process seems to be driven entirely by the latest shitty article he read. Lesham reads Infowars? ZOMG EU is preparing wet ops to destroy the UK. Leshma reads regressive media? ZOMG Brexit is an economic disaster and those who voted leave are abysmal retards, UK is never going to do trade deals with anyone, only brainwashed people believe that. Leshma reads the Wall Street Journal? The pound bounced back and UK has many trade deals lined up, scoff, everyone knows that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 01, 2016, 03:06:22 am »
Gets shown economics 101. leaves when it doesn't suit narrative.

Hahaha shit, you got me. I'm not capable of dealing with economics 101. I'll concede here  :lol:

Truthfully, and in all sincerity, if you look through my posts (on all forums for that matter) I don't usually get into lengthy discussions in online forums.

I don't know much about the finite details regarding economic theories and jargon, so it would be naive for me to try and discuss it- nor do I have the time to read up on it (I'm actually currently reading this as part of my next report due in December: http://www.per.ualberta.ca/acelab/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Chapman-et-al-Cog-2010-Reaching-for-unknown.pdf). I also took on board what Leesin said, and it's also 1am.

All I can really do is comment on the current economic trends and climate forecasts projected by 'experts' from a layman's perspective.

I might give it a cheeky wee glance, it would be very interesting to read up on though, I'm sure.

Peace out nerd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhJteYnoLBI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2137
  • Infamy: 836
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2016, 04:12:39 am »
+1
Leshma's narrative is schizophrenic, he's already gone from "the sky is faaaaallling, UK destroyed it's economy, the EU is laughing at them" to "Hm, looks like the UK might get out of this in even better shape than the rest of the EU". Discussing politics with Leshma is pointless, his thought process seems to be driven entirely by the latest shitty article he read. Lesham reads Infowars? ZOMG EU is preparing wet ops to destroy the UK. Leshma reads regressive media? ZOMG Brexit is an economic disaster and those who voted leave are abysmal retards, UK is never going to do trade deals with anyone, only brainwashed people believe that. Leshma reads the Wall Street Journal? The pound bounced back and UK has many trade deals lined up, scoff, everyone knows that.

Leshma never discuss, it sparks discussion for those able and willing to hone their cognitive skills. How come you haven't figured that out? I'm Jackson Pollock painting, my only purpose is to shock that way creating emotional response which could turn to something worthy.

Leshma is not broken version of boremaster Xant, it actually serves a purpose. Bringing people together, even it is just for laughs at seemingly miserable person in front of them.

Voyeur doesn't participate, he likes to observe. But he also has preference and if there isn't one he'll create situation he wants to see. Many powerful people have this fetish, God is greatest of them all.

Enough of this Leshma off-topic, please continue arguing over important matters.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 01, 2016, 04:39:41 am »
Just the news mate, just the news and quotes from the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Just those two sources mate.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06-28/george-osborne-we-will-absolutely-have-to-cut-spending-and-raise-taxes/

I'll pose you a question, cause it's better to work it out on your own: Why would someones currency being worth less mean that they effectively have less money?

However, instead of being very condescending; i'll tell you that the worth of the pound has dropped and you should be able to work out why people are effectively receiving a pay cut.

You seem to assume the Pound's drop is permanent instead of a temporary perturbation caused by an illogical reaction to Brexit.  If you are an exporter of British goods your sales will increase in volume.  This will spill over to the manufacturers of those goods and services as well as the workers that do the actual work. 
"It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good".
Isn't the minister of the exchequer firmly in the remain camp?  One could expect his estimate to be suitably gloomy.

Actually being superior adds real weight to condescension.  You needn't worry.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:52 pm »
(click to show/hide)
And how!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 660
  • Infamy: 1307
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 01, 2016, 07:37:24 pm »
+1

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 01, 2016, 11:14:23 pm »

Ohh is that a swas tika I see on one of those chicks?  Which country is that?

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #1012 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:39 pm »
+1
Brexit is Good.

This is my line of reasoning:

UK leaving EU
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 02, 2016, 12:44:02 am »
EU commissioners are a super-national appointed cabinet, not a democratically elected body,

EU legislation which is a non-democratic process.

Dude stop, you have no idea what you're talking about, it's embarrassing really.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #1014 on: July 02, 2016, 01:21:01 am »
Dude stop, you have no idea what you're talking about, it's embarrassing really.

The non-elected EU commissioners (appointees who have special interest ties with commerce and industry sectors) hold all the legislative and executive power in the EU, the democratically elected MP's hold very little power, they cannot introduce legislation and it is next to impossible for them to block legislation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_legislative_procedure

This would be the equivalent of The US President only allowing his personally appointed cabinet members and ministers to introduce and ratify laws and trade deals, it's not democratic at all. To top it off it's riddled with red tape so they can backdoor in laws they really want to pass behind the already gimped parliament's back lol.

EU law > Nation-state law and the EU member state's transferred all of trade sovereignty to the European Union after the Lisbon treaty. I find it laughable that you would trust all that power to a supernational clown court where the few democratic checks and balances that are in place are more for show than they are actually effective.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:19:23 am by Grytviken »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 02, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »
As I said, embarrassing. Each member country individually chooses a commissioner to send, and the commission is formed like a government with these people. The Commission is entirely a result of nation-state politics and somehow it ends up being the most criticized body. It's almost as if petty bickering and each commissioner serving national interests rather than those of the union is causing the problems. If you call the nomination of commissioners undemocratic then you are pretty much calling every EU member state undemocratic at the national level.

As for my personal opinion, I'd like to vote for a EU government and a EU party without any meddling of member states in the process.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 03, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
If you call the nomination of commissioners undemocratic then you are pretty much calling every EU member state undemocratic at the national level.

So what you're saying is that EU member state's national parliaments have no power to propose or ratify laws? Horrible comparison you are making there that is 100% false. You love the idea of the EU so much but you have little to no clue how the legislation process works. I find that rather amusing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:24:33 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 04, 2016, 12:15:10 am »
So what you're saying is that EU member state's national parliaments have no power to propose or ratify laws?

Reading comprehension though.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2016, 01:33:37 am »
Reading comprehension though.

Once again you're comparing a super-nationally appointed commission to a democratically elected parliament. It's not a matter of reading comprehension because what you stated was false information to start with. EU legislation is not comparable to EU member state national legislation and that's just fact. EU member state national MP's are allowed to propose legislation, EU parliament members are not.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1019 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:13 am »
What we clearly need is a IVth Reich where Merkel is the führer.

Make Deutschland über alles

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!