Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 79534 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #780 on: June 25, 2016, 06:02:15 pm »
+1
Lets have a quick look at all the most popular super serious petitions.

I heavily encourage you to read some of the petitions details and debates.

Online petitions are always a good laugh, but probably not as much as people who think they mean or can accomplish anything. Checking the map from which the signatures originated for the Revote petition, it seems that a large number seem to be coming from Oxford and Cambridge. Funny that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2272
  • Infamy: 1031
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 25, 2016, 06:09:43 pm »
Oh fuck you, leave us out of this.

Laminated cards reading “Leave the EU - no more Polish vermin” were found in Huntingdon, north west of Cambridge.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/25/brexit-live-emergency-meetings-eu-uk-leave-vote

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 25, 2016, 06:11:35 pm »
+1
Online petitions are always a good laugh, but probably not as much as people who think they mean or can accomplish anything. Checking the map from which the signatures originated for the Revote petition, it seems that a large number seem to be coming from Oxford and Cambridge. Funny that.
You'd think these educated folk would know that you don't get to retake votes until your side wins. But apparently that logic makes perfect sense... after they've lost, anyway. 100% guaranteed they'd be ridiculing the "leave" voters if they tried to pull this same shit after losing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #783 on: June 25, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »
+4
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Just leaving this here for anyone eligible and interested.

''We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.''

I just signed it, seems legit, I'm Salad Fork from Chesterfield

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:45 pm »
+2
You'd think these educated folk would know that you don't get to retake votes until your side wins. But apparently that logic makes perfect sense... after they've lost, anyway. 100% guaranteed they'd be ridiculing the "leave" voters if they tried to pull this same shit after losing.

Yep, next up on the list, wikictionary definition of democracy will be modified to:

"democracy is a system in which all the people are involved in making decisions, they vote and vote and vote again until the "correct" result surfaces."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #785 on: June 25, 2016, 06:53:50 pm »
+1
Well, tbf, it is the EU way, so at least they're consistent. I don't think for a moment the butthurt wouldn't be as massive, perhaps a bit lesser because people expected the status quo to prevail, if the Remain side had won. The same very predictable people refusing to believe their side is not the majority, calling for recalls, redoes, revotes, re-anything, because this was clearly a miscarriage and mockery of democracy.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:56:58 pm by Oberyn »

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 25, 2016, 07:11:29 pm »
+1

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Just leaving this here for anyone eligible and interested.

''We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.''

Do they run the British political system like the Crpg community where the level of moaning and groaning of who ever doesn't like an outcome determines continuous changes until they get what they want?

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Check this out.

They have all those detailed statistics and break downs of reasons for voting a particular way a mere two days after the vote was finished?  Impressive but not credible.  Projecting much?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:16:00 pm by Turkhammer »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #788 on: June 25, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »
+3
Well, tbf, it is the EU way, so at least they're consistent. I don't think for a moment the butthurt wouldn't be as massive, perhaps a bit lesser because people expected the status quo to prevail, if the Remain side had won. The same very predictable people refusing to believe their side is not the majority, calling for recalls, redoes, revotes, re-anything, because this was clearly a miscarriage and mockery of democracy.
The butthurt is always massive. Everyone who doesn't agree with them is albert einstein and this was the worst disaster since World War II according to our leftist scum  :lol: I hope they keep crying racism and blaming the middle working class white man for all their problems, it will have the same effect as the Brexit and put Trump in the Whitehouse easily.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/opinions/brexit-step-backward-charles-kaiser/index.html

These delusional pricks actually think the world revolves around them, they are special snowflakes and we need them or we are helplessly white, alot of these "old useless white fuckers" just gave up part of their pensions to do the right thing, but of course they are the greedy ones with nothing to lose.... I was actually a Bernie Sanders supporter until he said "white people don't know what it's like to be poor" in a speech.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:52:06 pm by Grytviken »

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 25, 2016, 07:24:45 pm »
+1
They have all those detailed statistics and break downs of reasons for voting a particular way a mere two days after the vote was finished?  Impressive but not credible.  Projecting much?

Yeah. I personally believe that the world economy should be dictated by the data from all Lord Ashcroft polls  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2369
  • Infamy: 737
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »

Status quo = working system where people live good lives
Change = no one fucking knows what to do now

British politicians already admitted, they have no plans for this because no one expected this to actually happen.

Seems to me you need a bit more of quality life in South America in order to start appreciating current situation in your country.

You call me a fool who believes in Disney logic? Me, misanthropic bastard who is certain only that things can go worse for humanity. Cling to that hefty paycheck as best you can. It might not be so lucrative once this whole charade ends and we start seeing true nature of things again, instead of sugarcoated bullshit media is serving us and small portion of world population is enjoying.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2016, 07:50:37 pm »
+2

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:11 pm »
+1
Status quo = working system where people live good lives
Change = no one fucking knows what to do now

Status quo = no change, good or bad
Change = adaptation, good or bad

The way you define status quo and change screams fear of the future, it is ok to feel that but I dont think changes are necessarily bad, nor changing nothing necessarily good.
Maybe you had enough changes in your personal life that you know define a status quo as a sacred thing, others like me feel like nothing changed since they were born so we appreciate the promises of a little disruption.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:57:39 pm by Butan »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2016, 09:07:13 pm »
I dont think changes are necessarily bad, nor changing nothing necessarily good.

Change for the sake of change and nothing more, when you live a good life (even if you don't appreciate it), doesn't seem to be the smartest move. And look at the main reason why leave voters wanted to leave the EU: “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. So basically: "let's change sth for the sake of change, no matter good or bad". Seems kinda unreasonable to me.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 25, 2016, 09:50:46 pm »
Change for the sake of change and nothing more, when you live a good life (even if you don't appreciate it), doesn't seem to be the smartest move. And look at the main reason why leave voters wanted to leave the EU: “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. So basically: "let's change sth for the sake of change, no matter good or bad". Seems kinda unreasonable to me.
It's not unreasonable, or for no reason. The immigrant crisis has shown the weakness of EU, and it's entirely reasonable that there are countries that want no part of their refugee quotas.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.