Author Topic: #dream is alive  (Read 13190 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: #dream is alive
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 06:38:14 pm »
+3
It's hard to say what is Left and what is Right anymore, and much of the traditional political language has been diluted.
New Right parties are populists and have plenty of traditional leftist social policies combined with conservative national policies, which is new compared to for example North European style social-democrats where the Right won the economic war but the Left won the culture war.
Regressive Leftists and other culture marxists have long used words like xenophobia and racism and patriarchy in completely ridiculous contexts, usually as a means to shut down civil conversation, that the words have all but lost their meaning.

Angantyr has undergone quite the transformation, hasn't he?
I started looking more on the actual numbers and statistical data.

We also have a saying here in Denmark, that 'if you are not left-leaning while young you have no heart, and if you are not right-leaning when you are older you have no brain.'

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:23:27 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 06:41:47 pm »
+1
Ace of Base will save Sweden

(click to show/hide)

Linn was her name, if I recall correctly? Lovely, lovely girl with great voice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2016, 10:14:10 am »
Same with me. Everyone else seems to be completely toothless right now, so i will vote for DF for the very first time. When "the storm" passes, and it hopefully will in a not so distant future, there will be place for the soft touch again, but until then - harsh times call for harsh measures and treatment.

Well, by Draconian integration laws i mean sending people back to where they came from for the mildest criminal offenses, for being unemplyed and for not learning the language. No excuses, no second chances, no long and expensive cases in court and whatnot. A very narrow and strict integration course.

it doesn't look like something easy to do...

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2016, 10:30:48 am »
+1
He isn't the only one. SJWs and immigrants are two things that have seriously disillusioned a lot of people. Trump's popularity is the result of that same disillusionment.

Looks more like replacing one illusion with another to me.

Also not speaking of angantyr, but everywhere it is the people that have the least contact to immigrants who are most fierce opponents of immigration.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:30 am »
+3
Maybe some places in Poland and eastern Germany, but I can speak from experience that here everyone is cuddled with humanistic principles and a severe welfare state to the extent that anti-immigration sentiments are generally something you find among people or families of people who've had bad experiences with migrants - and usually more than once - being assaulted, robbed, grown up in Muslim-dominated areas and seen how that works out, worked in schools, police, youth clubs or social services, hospitals, rape victims.
Other people with little personal contact are people who simply just care about cultural or social cohesion, people who've seen their cities change beyond recognition, people who look at crime statistics. And a main body, like in eastern Germany from my impression, people who've seen the values popular Sunni Islam stands for and rejects them, and seen how badly integrated the Muslims have been in western Germany and France and England, more colonists than new citizens.

But please, let us again distinguish between immigration and mass-immigration, and let us again distinguish between immigration and Muslim immigration.

In 2005 9.1% of the children born in Germany had Muslim parents. I would love to be able to visit European cities with them retaining their original culture, just like I wouldn't want the streets of Istanbul or New Delhi to look like Berlin.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:42:35 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:07 am »
+4
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 04:24:23 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2016, 05:08:55 pm »
+1
I think Xant is trying to tell us something... Not sure what though.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2016, 06:13:31 pm »
+1
Yeah really Xant, tell us why are you posting this. Because is shows that fascists are using the same shit argument since almost 100 years or because it shows that Hitler already told us the truth back then?

Maybe some places in Poland and eastern Germany, but I can speak from experience that here everyone is cuddled with humanistic principles and a severe welfare state to the extent that anti-immigration sentiments are generally something you find among people or families of people who've had bad experiences with migrants - and usually more than once - being assaulted, robbed, grown up in Muslim-dominated areas and seen how that works out, worked in schools, police, youth clubs or social services, hospitals, rape victims.
Other people with little personal contact are people who simply just care about cultural or social cohesion, people who've seen their cities change beyond recognition, people who look at crime statistics. And a main body, like in eastern Germany from my impression, people who've seen the values popular Sunni Islam stands for and rejects them, and seen how badly integrated the Muslims have been in western Germany and France and England, more colonists than new citizens.

My experience here is almost completely the opposite. Most people who grew up in NRW or Berlin with lots Immigrants around are more immigrant-friendly, while many people who grew up in some village or in Sachsen and never had any contact with immigrants are strongly against immigration or are straight fascists.
And what do you mean they seen how badly Muslims have been integrated? On youtube or what like in the videos you posted?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2016, 08:25:29 pm »
Yeah and the 60 Minutes crew escape and leave him to face the Somalis by himself.

Right? I was thinking same thing... a couple locals... guy who gets punched and the scooter hero go to help out the tv crew, and then the TV crew just bounces as soon as they show up.

Wouldn't be surprised if both those fellows got jumped/mugged once the cameras were gone.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2016, 08:32:47 pm »
Ha, I was right, fu guys!

I wonder how it looks in Norway, Thomek - can check just out of curiosity?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and now a complete change of  issues scale:

and now the political beliefs map:

right wing conservatives
center
left
the center-right
christian democrats
separatist movements
kudystan
views unspecified

but I agree with Angantyr here - it's hard to say what is left and what is right anymore...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2016, 08:44:48 pm »
What are you talking about, I lived in Lodz, Poland for 7 years, and still do (when im not in Belfast).

I meant, your point of view is well known and very negative about Eastern, yet it is an immigrant point of view, you werent born from there, so when someone who is born here and tells about it, maybe you can learn from that. The only interesting thing about that thread for me is reading you and Harpag exchange point of view and seeing if you can come to a middle ground so dont be surprised!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:49:09 pm by Butan »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2016, 08:44:51 pm »
+1
It's not really a coincidence that Belgium and France have high concentrations of Muslim immigrants of Middle Eastern or North African origins and that attacks took place there and the fact that the most wanted man in Europe from the Paris attacks was able to hide in the Molenbeek area for months and eventually turned up a few hundred meters from his family home. 

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2016, 08:58:30 pm »
+4
This is too good not to post:

There is no sight in my third eye