Author Topic: Knight Bruttus joines the Crusade against the Goblins  (Read 15393 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Knight Bruttus joines the Crusade against the Goblins
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 03:34:31 am »
+1
Lol

45 signed up, 20 showed. Don't whine if the mercs don't show. AI is notorius for that. You can complain as a faction, cause you are choosing and actively can make sure they show up.

Also, do I get honorable mention for the "Eye in the Sky" I was doing!?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 03:38:17 am »
except that is how it is every battle. city defenses can accept up to 100 players for exactly that reason. no one is at all surprised that that ratio of people showed up to people not showing up for AI.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 04:17:13 am »
+1
Really? A raid, not a siege?
pretty lame if you tell me
annyway good battle

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 04:18:39 am »
I really don't get how there's anything lame about a raid. It's the logical thing to do.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 04:25:56 am »
I really don't get how there's anything lame about a raid. It's the logical thing to do.

Only if you don't have anny other option left.
Makes you really desporate to get that city.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 04:41:30 am »
+4
I genuinely hope that the relatively costless cities taken tonight result in more aggressive action by those factions against someone.

I'd greatly prefer that the "battles" against AI be, you know, ACTUAL battles. I'm only confident that would happen against Khorne, GAWBBLINS, or BIRD. Going by history, that's how it has shaken out, anyway. I don't think that is amendable at this point. Despotate, I reckon you should go grab Uxhal in the next day or two; you don't really need great gear now that we see how the AI roster situation has stabilized to.

The unfortunate thing for us is that our mercenary output has mostly been generated from EXTREME SPERG RECRUITING in the last hour or two for the battle. Many of our mercenaries won't sign up for a battle in advance; they just seem adverse to looking at the strat battles page while they're taking the morning dump or something. In situations in which we have a vested interest in playing for AI, we suffer greatly because of that.

I clearly have a vested interest in at least one of the abortion-tier battles being populated on the defender's side, and believe or disbelieve freely, but I think it is some really shitty business that some folks get free AI fiefs due to combined lack of population and poor AI signing/accepting mechanics. Not because they've gotten free shit specifically; that may be a small benefit in my mind. After all, if someone's got an ass-ton of gear they can be shitty traders and still form an attack or two. It makes me upset because there are 2000 moderately-equipped tickets awaiting the slaughter, fun, and XP. Instead we get 10-20 frustrated nerds getting shitted on no matter the circumstances or skill and having no fun at all.

Anyway, the solution is that one thing I put in suggestions where we somehow hijack/force the entire NA1 population to spread out amongst the 2 sides in strat battles up to 51v51. Fuck social engineering and fuck groveling, let's make the jackasses that play NA1 during battles at 12v12 max with 1/4 of them being rock throwers or chinamen leechers fix the problem.

Only if you don't have anny other option left.
Makes you really desporate to get that city.

Of course we have myriad options available to us! We are aware that you had no reinforcing armies in the near area, and we are intimately aware of the large amount of dank gear that is available to us upon victory. A bunch of dank gear is worth a city anyday when you've already got large swathes of land.

If you'd like to keep the city with simply naked population sitting in there, you can be my guest.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:45:16 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 04:49:30 am »
+1
I genuinely hope that the relatively costless cities taken tonight result in more aggressive action by those factions against someone.

I'd greatly prefer that the "battles" against AI be, you know, ACTUAL battles. I'm only confident that would happen against Khorne, GAWBBLINS, or BIRD AND BRD. Going by history, that's how it has shaken out, anyway.

Slight correction - we still have set the record for most ai defenders signed against us at 64 with a record 54 showing up.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 05:02:02 am »
for the people that have fought in this siege
Thank you all for it.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strateguslegacymap

The people that are payed
The top 5 with 200k money prices
Janet_from_Subway 37:14 Payed
BlackPanda 36:15              Payed
Knight_Chumley_of_Acre 32:15 Refused his Payment
DaBirds 31:17 Payed
Allers 31:8 Payed

Top 6-10 with 75k money prices
Tenno 28:17 Payed 
Dharan_Argoth 27:15 Payed
HoC_SUPREME_LEADER_BONESAW 24:12 Payed
Davic 23:18  Payed
Marzbon_Lindrhos_of_Pars 23:19 Has not reacted

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:27:12 am by bruttus »

Offline Dynamics_BRD

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridge Burners
  • Game nicks: Dynamics_BRD
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2016, 05:11:14 am »
+2
Instead we get 10-20 frustrated nerds getting shitted on no matter the circumstances or skill and having no fun at all.
Sums up the feeling of the defenders who came. I feel bad that I had to bug many people to sign up for a battle only to get anhilated because of lack of mercs. I even persuaded some LL guys to come :/

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 05:30:11 am »
+2
Slight correction - we still have set the record for most ai defenders signed against us at 64 with a record 54 showing up.

Was that this strat? I don't even disbelieve you or anything, but it'd make more sense if it was a strat past. I'm fucking frazzled lately and can barely even recall the events of the early current strat.

And I was probably 1/3 of the people recruiting against you for that battle if it was this strat lmao

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 07:15:02 am »
+1
I'm pretty bummed that I DIDN'T miss out on quality battles by going out tonight. I was hoping to come home to be like GOD DAMN IT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN EPIC DEFENSE TO BE ON DAMN YOU SOCIAL LIFE.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 07:19:22 am »
I'm pretty bummed that I DIDN'T miss out on quality battles by going out tonight. I was hoping to come home to be like GOD DAMN IT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN EPIC DEFENSE TO BE ON DAMN YOU SOCIAL LIFE.

Don't worry, if retro-active disappointment is something that you desperately crave, go out all night on Sunday and you can come back home with exclamations of GODDAMNIT for missing our 5-6 fights.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »
IOf course we have myriad options available to us! We are aware that you had no reinforcing armies in the near area, and we are intimately aware of the large amount of dank gear that is available to us upon victory. A bunch of dank gear is worth a city anyday when you've already got large swathes of land.

If you'd like to keep the city with simply naked population sitting in there, you can be my guest.

Well its still pretty laim to do that, but I have discovered that we have a spy.
His intentions where clear, to destroy the crusade, and he almost succeeded in it.
All that info you have now about me, is because of that spy.
What I saw in strat. made me suspicious and was acknowledge by some people.
But at least you know why I have taken Halmar. Just what Anders said, and it ruined or stalled the Gobblinleader his plans.
But the worst thing I find is, brag about your endless armies and your many victories, but after conquering Halmar, you attacked the city directly, and instead of a siege, you would rather prefer a raid.
But I've already said what I think about this

But the irony is that you actually want to take the city without decent opposition, something you have me accused of it. Thats why you wanna raid it.

But at least now I know how my opponent thinks and reacts. You use clever tactics to deceive the enemy, you inspire fear against the members of the Anti-Gobblinfactions, and you're not afraid to use dirty tactics.
All what a great military strategist would do. But in the meantime I have also been encountered with your weakness.

We are aware that you had no reinforcing armies in the near area
Thank you for confirming mine suspicion.
Your spy is now exposed, and if that person had any honor, he would just leave the respective faction and join with the Gobblins. Annyway I will talk with the factionleader about this accusacion.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:33:01 pm by bruttus »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 02:33:40 pm »
+1
You know, If you wanted to raid, you should have done it with MORE tickets than that...

Bruttus, I recommend you watch the fief as you can see a raid before your final reinforcement window shows. You should be able to win tonight, don't worry.

Also, spies? Really?
WTF is this shit, strat 2. Da fuck, you autismal nerds. At least the gobs show they aren't in it for "fun," but to be a UIF win!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:38:08 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2016, 04:40:33 pm »
+2
You know, If you wanted to raid, you should have done it with MORE tickets than that...

Bruttus, I recommend you watch the fief as you can see a raid before your final reinforcement window shows. You should be able to win tonight, don't worry.

Also, spies? Really?
WTF is this shit, strat 2. Da fuck, you autismal nerds. At least the gobs show they aren't in it for "fun," but to be a UIF win!

I am the spy, I admit it. As I am the one who told them there was no other armies in the area. Seriously Anders, as Dan would say "STFU ANDERS"! you really believe that garbage. Don't need a spy to see that. More troops would be great but I don't have them, and I wanted to attack anyway. Considering the troop count, and the expected merc resistance, a raid seemed like a better idea.

But the irony is that you actually want to take the city without decent opposition, something you have me accused of it. Thats why you wanna raid it.

But at least now I know how my opponent thinks and reacts. You use clever tactics to deceive the enemy, you inspire fear against the members of the Anti-Gobblinfactions, and you're not afraid to use dirty tactics.
All what a great military strategist would do. But in the meantime I have also been encountered with your weakness.
Thank you for confirming mine suspicion.
Your spy is now exposed, and if that person had any honor, he would just leave the respective faction and join with the Gobblins. Annyway I will talk with the factionleader about this accusacion.

You are calling a raid dirty tactics now. seriously?