Author Topic: Cav being able to roll after getting dismounted, like the knocked down infantry  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Kinda like here :D 

I'd like to suggest this, would be a cool feature. Que in, cav haters.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Yes, but add fall damage to high speed dismounts, ez.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
Yes, but add fall damage to high speed dismounts, ez.
I'm ok with that if it's nothing huge.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Cavalry already have a massive advantage due to the fact they have a press button, kill anything feature included (Lancers), they are strong on horse but when they fall off they SHOULD have a moment of disadvantage, if they can just roll away and instantly escape the death after finally taking down your horse cavalry WILL become overpowered.

Also, it's not realistic whatsoever, a horse is charging at a high speed and gets stabbed and killed by a pikeman, you've just been instantly stopped and due to the speed you were travelling at, flung forwards, if you hit the floor at that speed it's going to fucking hurt, do you seriously believe that you'd be able to roll away after you've just hit the floor at like 40 km/h.

It would be an illogical thing to add, and doesn't do anything but give cav another massive advantage other than the couched lance.

EDIT: Okay, with Gravoth's addition then I think it would be acceptable, if you fall from the horse you should take damage for sure.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Cavalry already have a massive advantage due to the fact they have a press button, kill anything feature included (Lancers), they are strong on horse but when they fall off they SHOULD have a moment of disadvantage, if they can just roll away and instantly escape the death after finally taking down your horse cavalry WILL become overpowered.

Also, it's not realistic whatsoever, a horse is charging at a high speed and gets stabbed and killed by a pikeman, you've just been instantly stopped and due to the speed you were travelling at, flung forwards, if you hit the floor at that speed it's going to fucking hurt, do you seriously believe that you'd be able to roll away after you've just hit the floor at like 40 km/h.

It would be an illogical thing to add, and doesn't do anything but give cav another massive advantage other than the couched lance.

EDIT: Okay, with Gravoth's addition then I think it would be acceptable, if you fall from the horse you should take damage for sure.

So cav having roll would be OP but the infantry roll isn't, right?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack

Exactly.

Infantry roll is to counter bullshit like knockdown, and bumps. Cav roll would be a counter to their only weakness pretty much, getting dismounted. Their risk&reward is pretty heavy on the reward side already, removing even more risk would just make them silly.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:09:04 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur

Nope. Infantry roll is necessary to give a well needed counter to knockdowns, otherwise they would be too strong!
:)

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
Exactly.

Infantry roll is to counter bullshit like knockdown, and bumps. Cav roll would be a counter to their only weakness pretty much, getting dismounted. Their risk&reward is pretty heavy on the reward side already, removing even more risk would just make them silly.

So there's no bullshit with cav, ever, right?  No 0 damage rears or other weird physics shit.

The roll has legitimate invincibility frames, but getting run over by cav is bullshit.  Interesting.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
only if i can keep lancing while performing role
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
So there's no bullshit with cav, ever, right?  No 0 damage rears or other weird physics shit.

The roll has legitimate invincibility frames, but getting run over by cav is bullshit.  Interesting.

Minor things compared to the benefits cav have already. Getting run over cav is unblockable, can deal quite a bit of damage, and leaves you completely open for infantry to swing at, this is why it needs a roll counter. If you are fighting atleast one person and cav comes, you can easily be forced into a situation where you have nearly no chance to avoid the bump and not get hit by infantry. Meanwhile as cav its nearly impossible for you to be cornered into a position where you cannot simply decide to run away. As cav you chose every risk you take, as infantry you can be forced into fights without escape, this is why infantry needs atleast some sort of escape mechanism to certain things.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
We need more roll stuff, here's an idea for roof/fence-climbers, double-tapping w(forward movement) or s(backward movement) adds flashy somersault-swings with invinci frames.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
Minor things compared to the benefits cav have already. Getting run over cav is unblockable, can deal quite a bit of damage, and leaves you completely open for infantry to swing at, this is why it needs a roll counter. If you are fighting atleast one person and cav comes, you can easily be forced into a situation where you have nearly no chance to avoid the bump and not get hit by infantry. Meanwhile as cav its nearly impossible for you to be cornered into a position where you cannot simply decide to run away. As cav you chose every risk you take, as infantry you can be forced into fights without escape, this is why infantry needs atleast some sort of escape mechanism to certain things.

By that logic, agi builds need to be nerfed because they can force you into combat as well.  These are horrible arguments, and 6+ points is a pretty sizable investment, on top of the cost of the horse.

Also cav is easily corner able, depending on map.  And are just plain awful on any map with hills.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Well some cav don't need to roll as when they are dismounted some inexplicable magic happens and said cav teleports/blinks 10-20 feet away from where they were brought down. Unfortunately for me I haven't learned this spell so when I play cav and my horse dies I usually follow him with some sharp or blunt instrument blow to the back of the head before I even reach my knees.  :cry:
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
By that logic, agi builds need to be nerfed because they can force you into combat as well.  These are horrible arguments, and 6+ points is a pretty sizable investment, on top of the cost of the horse.

Also cav is easily corner able, depending on map.  And are just plain awful on any map with hills.

Agi builds do not have a Hold shield + w to knockdown multiple enemies button, and are half as mobile as cav, have half the damage and half the hp. 6 points is not a lot, barely anything tbh. Going 21/21 instead of 24/21 is not a big investment for the payout. Its actually so small im surprised more people dont just go cav with every melee build. 6 points is nothing, its as much as a shielder dedicates himself. Less than a thrower dedicates himself etc etc.

If you actually think its easy to corner cav, then you must be talking about arena maps. Cav dies because it choses to take that risk, be it flags hurrying it up or simply not wanting to delay, if not for this cav could probably stall out the game to ties as it pleases.

Im playing cav right now, and im shit at cav, i have no control over the hitboxes of stabs/swings, but im on a 3.0kd which is higher than my average infantry kd which i actually do decently know how to play. Cav is incredibly strong with little investment, but may fall off at lower player amounts.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
Look, i was anticipating this- people coming here saying stuff like "cav is op as it is already" etc. But how is a well-timed roll (which, btw, you have to perform, it's not a 100% success) such a bad thing in a game where an archer can 2-3shot your horse and then shoot you while you're still lying on the ground for 4-5 seconds?

This is a defensive move and i don't see how it can have such a drastic hit on the class balance. ESPECIALLY since cav still have this annoying glitch when you lag all over the place uncontrollably after hitting another horse/bumping someone, which happens often.

Like i said, i'm perfectly ok with some fall damage trade-off if this is implemented. But then again, the roll is there to avoid damage in the first place, so if the fall damage is too high, then there's no point.

P.S. Gravoth, we both know that if the cav is going for the KD against a prepared player of pretty much any class, the inf player has a multitude of options and can at the very least do significant damage to the horse and then roll, the bump damage isn't so high.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:55:35 am by Ujin »