Author Topic: Why so many 0 slots?  (Read 9373 times)

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
Re: Why so many 0 slots?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 10:13:01 pm »
+2
- Remove 0 slots/add 1
- Raise difficulty for bows
- Add power draw for crossbows
- Throwing is also super-easy
Hardcore, no fun. After these changes, do not forget to delete my character.
#savesiege

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:34 pm »
Yea I have two range character in active use - archer and crossbowman. I play a lot with all classes (over 100 generations) on different characters. 
After last range-buff patch, I don't see that melee players writing demands - "qq or I quit the game"
But at the other side ... when you throw some suggestions you have - "I will delete my character", "I quit" ....

Right now range is supereasy.

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 10:28:48 pm »
Right now is unplayable ... range need restriction in every aspect.

- Remove 0 slots/add 1

Right now there is no penalty for any range class (archer, crossbowmen, thrower).
You can make full range/melee player without any restriction, and that is very wrong - really fucked up game balance.

We need range adjustment patch ASAP.

Yea, no fun fo anyone except range class ...

Range, range, range, range..... Get a fucking Shield and stop being a bitch

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 10:29:15 pm »
+6
Right now is unplayable ... range need restriction in every aspect.

- Remove 0 slots/add 1

Right now there is no penalty for any range class (archer, crossbowmen, thrower).
You can make full range/melee player without any restriction, and that is very wrong - really fucked up game balance.

We need range adjustment patch ASAP.

Yea, no fun fo anyone except range class ...

I know right ? Its unbearable.

- All these archers running around with longbow + 2 quiver + long volgue because there are no slot restrictions.
- All of them wear full plate because there are no armour weight restrictions for ranged.
- They can also spam those long volgues around like air with their 200 pole wpf builds, because there is absolutely no build restriction by hybridizing since ranged weapons work at full efficiency even with 1 wpf.
- Quiver weights are absolutely too light and pose no restriction to their footwork and general mobility and fighting capabilities.
- The fact that, as we all know, ranged has magic unlimited ammo quivers/pouches and they do not have to worry about ammo is not restricting them though it should.

Id like to believe this was a bad troll attempt. If not, have some of that cynicism. I am past those times where I would rush to the forums and participate in those verbal-nerfthread-brawls but just in case this was actually meant as a serious suggestion, son, that is without a doupt the most retarded anti ranged lobbying I heard in a long time.

Yea I have two range character in active use - archer and crossbowman. I play a lot with all classes (over 100 generations) on different characters. 

Oh, are you sure about that ? ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 10:48:57 pm »
Your reaction (just as any other range player) Is just as expected.
So scared that someone can actually mess up with your easy class.
These are just some suggestions for incoming patch, which will include nerf anyway (its confirmed).
Enjoy it while it lasts ...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »
+1
These are just some suggestions for incoming patch, which will include nerf anyway (its confirmed).

An answer that I as much expected as well, which made me think about a little wager.

Up to this day, many have been bold enough to claim how easy the opposite side it has, yet nobody had the guts to deliver.

Let's agree on a time and date, you go to EU1 and the rest of us watches you completely annihilating the entire server in ranged combat as well as melee alike.

If you - for some mysterious reason - are able to live up to your venturous claims you will get one loompoint. If you are not able to, I will get a loompoint. If the loser doesnt pay up, he gets a permanent ban ( which will be nothing for you to be afraid of since you will clearly leave as stand corrected. ) More specific terms for this would follow of course.

Your next answer I also can already expect but just for the sake of fairness, what will it be ?

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »
you go to EU1 and the rest of us watches you completely annihilating the entire server in ranged combat as well as melee alike.

You now very well that doesn't work like that.

Don't be so upset, patch is behind corner - and everything will be just fine ....  :)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »
You now very well that doesn't work like that.

And what would be the reason for that ? As I said I already expected a cheap excuse but according to your earlier statements, it should not be of any concern where or how you play, as long as you play ranged you would simply eradicate everyone. So what it is the problem all of a sudden ?  :wink:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:33 pm »
+3
People want archers to not be able to kite, so they are forced to play a bit more melee hybrid with str. But thats not acceptible either, so they shouldnt be able to melee, and not kite. But then they should atleast be compensated with ranged damage, but i guess thats a no go aswell. (I'll agree to more damage, but less missile speed but still, removing their melee options is completely silly.)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »
One archer cant "annihilate" the entire server.
I don't know when you play last time, but now - as melee, you are dead in very very short time.
Amount of range players is huge, and new missile speed make impossible to dodge projectiles.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 12:05:28 am »
+1
After last range-buff patch, I don't see that melee players writing demands - "qq or I quit the game"
But at the other side ... when you throw some suggestions you have - "I will delete my character", "I quit" ....

Right now range is supereasy.

Oh but pease, let us not get lost by fiddling with such trivial word play, what can be considered as annihilating or not. "Supereasy", "mess up with your easy class", whatever it may be called, I think we all understand the sentiment. You reaching a KD of lets say ... 4:1 at the end of 3 rounds in a row while being in the top 20% of the scoreboard and scoring a minimum of 5 kills each map is surely not a hinderence for you once wielded the power of a bow. Now with the formalities out of the way and a more clear picture of what has to be achieved, I believe there is nothing left standing in the way of our little bet, is there ?

You dont really want that loompoint drifting out of your grasp and in the same turn let everyone think you are a hypocrite, do you ?

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 12:12:13 am »
Well, Yuang is our leader therefore everything you say is correct, so I am inclined to agree with everything you say.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:54 am »
One archer cant "annihilate" the entire server.
I don't know when you play last time, but now - as melee, you are dead in very very short time.
Amount of range players is huge, and new missile speed make impossible to dodge projectiles.

74% of my deaths by archers are from headshots since this patch, it broke archers completely. (statistic isn't accurate, just an average based on how many times I've seen myself get headshot from memory)

I do believe that this patch made archers incredibly unbalanced compared to the patches before, particularly because it nerfed xbows and buffed archers, and xbow is probably the biggest counter TO archers.
With some tweaking (I.E. Turning that fucking missile speed way back down so you can't insta-headshot from 1000 kilometers away) I do believe archers can be balanced out more.

I'll always hate archers because I do believe that they are an easy class to play but that's solely down to whether you can aim a mouse correctly, some can, some can't and obviously that's just my opinion, some people might find it difficult. All I know is that right now I don't think archers are balanced out correctly right now. High damage, high missile speed isn't the way to go. It should be high damage, bad accuracy/missile speed or low damage, high mis speed/accuracy
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:18:57 am by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 12:35:00 am »
With all that your cheap talk you will not get me in any bet ... not me. Maybe try with some younger, I'm too old for that shit.
I'm hypocrite? For statement that right now range is too easy, unplayable for melee, that need to be changed?
All that is true, and will be changed in next patch. So hold your breath and try range class these days - you will see that is supereasy.
As regards that lp, I have more than enough after 5 years of playing this mod, so leave it for yourself - maybe you will need new weapon or bow after patch ...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 12:52:47 am »
I guess even if I ask you for a 4th time now to prove your claims by actions you will come up with yet another retort on why you cannot do that.

No hard feelings Sagar, anti-ranged lobbying is as old as this forum itself and of course I knew that you would not agree to anything in the first place. Maybe next time though you might consider putting your money where your mouth is before making some daring claims, which were about the general/melee restrictions of ranged classes of course - not about about missile speed. Those need to be lowered of course :wink:

Maybe that is a concept that should be officially adopted - whoever requests a nerf for a class that he/she cannot do good with him/herself, all the characters of that person are stripped of 10% of their XP as a QQ-tax. Forum QQ would drop by 90% I predict.