Poll

How high should the xp multi go?

x5?! More like x2, tops.
x5 xp is a fine max multi, leave it.
Let's at least raise it to x10!
Why stop at x10? If you can win that many rounds in a row, hot doggay!

Author Topic: Release the multiplier from it's x5 shackles!  (Read 3288 times)

Offline anarcheril

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Release the multiplier from it's x5 shackles!
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:06:00 pm »
I'll begin my story by saying this, although I am an old man now and some things about me haven't changed in years, I am still open to deep change and I think cRPG should be to. To question some foundational assumptions about the limits we put on ourselves *cough* x5 xp *cough*, about how much experience we can get per tick, and to keep getting better at dueling, because holy shit I suck.

Ever since I was a wii lad growing in the true Nordic and snowy lands of Canadia I'd been attempting to take over the lands of Calradia, and continuing to over the years, with sequels and with mods. I'd been trying to revive old but fantastic gameplay until one day, this once young vibrant buck of a man found the holy grail of a M&B addicts fix... it was none other than cRPG. Long story short, things didn't last, we had a great marriage at first, and separated on good terms, in fact once a year we get back together for a monthly fling, and although she changes a little bit each time, she is still just the way I remember her when my friend introduced me to her and we totally Eiffel Towered her. One thing I've always wanted to say to her though, is to just stop limiting herself *cough* x5 *cough*, I mean we've both grown old now, and the potential to just gain more experience in our old age *cough* x10? *cough* is a beautiful concept, especially considering our kids have almost grown *cough* M&B2 *cough*. So what do you say? Let's really be the best we can be and stop capping the experience we can gain in our old age *cough* seriously can we have a multiplier that goes higher than x5, maybe a community vote? :D *cough*

Edit: TLDR!?
gieb exp my old friends
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:06:53 am by anarcheril »

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
Re: Release the multiplier from it's x5 shackles!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »
+9
You should go and see a doctor. all this coughing might be something serious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline anarcheril

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:41:02 pm »
+1
You should go and see a doctor. all this coughing might be something serious.

I saw a shaman about that, he told me nothing but good suggestions will come from my coughs... *cough* Let's remove the x5 limit cap to x10? *cough*

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »
+1
I'm ok with this.  Why stop at 10x?  If you can manage to somehow win 10 rounds in a row...why not keep it going?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 10:10:45 pm »

For you.

I don't really care if there's a limit on multi at all. But with all the double xp they've done a x5 is kinda like a x10 anyway.

Offline anarcheril

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:36 pm »
I'm ok with this.  Why stop at 10x?  If you can manage to somehow win 10 rounds in a row...why not keep it going?

Yeah I think that would be the best situation imo.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:33:34 pm »

This. Imagine the emotions when you're at x15, and you're the only one left on your team. Though it would be fairly easy to abuse at late night/early morning when the servers are empty.

Also, why ticks in the first place? I can understand if it's due to technical limitations, but if it was a voluntary choice to implement ticks rather than conventional rewarding, then I don't really get it. The only good reason seems to be encouraging players to play as a team, rather than hoard points by slaying unskilled peasants lords like me. Some ill-mannered peasants still chase after me rather than capping the flag or helping the rest of their team fight against 2h tryhard nerds.

Offline anarcheril

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 12:03:46 am »
This. Imagine the emotions when you're at x15, and you're the only one left on your team. Though it would be fairly easy to abuse at late night/early morning when the servers are empty.

Also, why ticks in the first place? I can understand if it's due to technical limitations, but if it was a voluntary choice to implement ticks rather than conventional rewarding, then I don't really get it. The only good reason seems to be encouraging players to play as a team, rather than hoard points by slaying unskilled peasants lords like me. Some ill-mannered peasants still chase after me rather than capping the flag or helping the rest of their team fight against 2h tryhard nerds.

Honestly I wrote the original post when I was really baked and thought it was worth it, but now that I think about the implications of having no multiplier cap I'm really fricken stoked. Also in the early morning or when there are few people the multipliers already don't work or go past x2.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 02:17:18 am »
+2
have a proper tl;dr
gieb exp my old friends
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 04:27:11 am »
+4
gieb exp my old friends

yes
I stopped playing cRPG over a year ago because there was too much grinding, especially once you get to lvl 34. Only recently a few weeks ago when I got back to the game did I get my first ever retirement and LP. Also the current levelling system is the dumbest thing of All Time. You get the first twenty something levels pretty much in a single game, and then grind for endless hours. Starting with a lvl 25 character is fine because it somewhat prevents new players from getting disencouraged. The xp needed for level up curve should look something like this (admire my masterfully drawn chart):

Offline anarcheril

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 05:06:34 am »
have a proper tl;dr

You're wish is my command, oh mighty game master.

Offline KnightOfTheHRE

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Realm of the Allied War Raiders
  • Game nicks: Redoran_Delvor_DAC, Aethor_Thorndrey_HRE, Haveron_Condell_HRE, Lyneve_Mooremere_HRE, etc...
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 12:04:39 pm »
+1
I agree with Gurgumuls post, endless grinding is a sore pain and at that level i really doubt a lvl up would really cause new imbalances.
And with that curve it is still given that players wont get lvl ups that easy, they still will have to put a lot of work into it.
So why shouldnt they get rewarded for their devotion instead of being bummed down by knowing that their new earned skills arent getting them anywhere.
For new players, the highest motivation i see is getting the grasps and improving their "mechanical" skills (aka. block, tactical movement, etc...) and as a experienced player you want these works being rewarded (somewhat like in real life).
But right now, it is getting boring for advanced players (not saying i am one) aka. only early game content is available, late game content is missing.
Why punish skilled players for being skilled?
Btw, is the max. cap. in this mod also lvl 63? or did the modder increase it?

And about the multiplier thing:
I am also for increasing the limit, if not for completely leaving a limit out and being able to increase it inidfferently.
Its already just grinding for a higher multiplier right now, only to be dissappointed it doesnt get higher, or what else do players try to win the battles for?
Lets be real, its ofc the goal of getting the highest multiplier possible and a measly 5x wont do it ;)
What can be done ofc is a better auto-balance, thus that the balance takes the players score into account and sets them up at each other, so one team wont get harrased to no end, if the are really losing cause of lack of skills.
But else, like i said above, why punish skilled teams for being skilled?

Just my 2 cents ;)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 12:32:53 pm »
+2
Having a non limited multiplier will end in much more rage than we already have by tryhards who will loose their multi if a player plays badly at the end of the round or teamkills someone or whatever, basically what we have now (We lost x5 because we have 2 Krems in the team ;_; ) just parallely increasing with the multi.

tl;dr: inb4 more rage ban requests, polls and hate
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline KnightOfTheHRE

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Realm of the Allied War Raiders
  • Game nicks: Redoran_Delvor_DAC, Aethor_Thorndrey_HRE, Haveron_Condell_HRE, Lyneve_Mooremere_HRE, etc...
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 12:21:17 am »
I think its more important having a sustainable motivation over a longer time, instead limiting the gaming experience just because for ensuring that some bad apples wont be living out their lack of self restraint.
It cant be helped that there are some dickheads, who think they are justified by kicking players, who are new or "not so good at defending against a shooting spam of multiple archers from multiple sides" (*cough* not referencing to anything *cough*).

But rage polling is another topic, one that needs a thread for itself, since so the so called "dickeheads" are more frequent lately, in my oinion...

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 12:16:54 am »
ples do it, mod is ded anyway