Poll

Is grytviken really a Scientologist?

1. Think so...
23 (51.1%)
2. Don't think so...
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Grytviken: Are you really a "practicing Scientologist" or r you just fkin w/ us?  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Where is the "I don't give a furry rats ass whether he is or not" option in the poll?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
+1
Christianity is a much larger money grabbing operation, it's just that they're way more subtle about it. A bunch of nonsense for huge amounts of money

value = gotten

True this also for Islam. Here imams are paid by the government and the Diyanet (the official Department of Theology) receives the largest chunk of annual governmental budget, overshadowing health and education. The exact numbers have been concealed for the last couple years due to the outrage they cause, but it is a known fact. Also, the department even asked for an additional budget this year, because so much still wasn't so much.

Does this stop imams from extending their beggar hands to the crowd during every service? Of course not. They obviously always need more to create little brainwashing courses for little children, Ottoman-style schooling programs as alternatives to conventional primary school. They can always open yet another Quran reading course although probably thousands of them already exist. And their indispensable excuse is that they want to.open another mosque in location x. There is already a mosque every ten meters you walk, but the crowd always buys this one. There might be one day when the entire fucking place is full of nothing but mosques. I bet the zombie sheep would still pay for new mosque constructions.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
True this also for Islam. Here imams are paid by the government and the Diyanet (the official Department of Theology) receives the largest chunk of annual governmental budget, overshadowing health and education. The exact numbers have been concealed for the last couple years due to the outrage they cause, but it is a known fact. Also, the department even asked for an additional budget this year, because so much still wasn't so much.

Does this stop imams from extending their beggar hands to the crowd during every service? Of course not. They obviously always need more to create little brainwashing courses for little children, Ottoman-style schooling programs as alternatives to conventional primary school. They can always open yet another Quran reading course although probably thousands of them already exist. And their indispensable excuse is that they want to.open another mosque in location x. There is already a mosque every ten meters you walk, but the crowd always buys this one. There might be one day when the entire fucking place is full of nothing but mosques. I bet the zombie sheep would still pay for new mosque constructions.

If there is a god I doubt he cares how many mosques are built in Turkey.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:09:42 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
+1
Tell that to the mindless dumbfucks for whom no number of them is ever enough.

I am already sick of this. In İstanbul, if you are looking for a flat, there is an 80% chance that you will end up very close to a mosque. I am near one actually. Same for my previous flat. The horrible high-pitched screaming coming from them 5 times a day is unbearable. I don't know how many times I had to wake up at around 5 am because of it.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
+3
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Love how blatant L. Ron Hubbard always was about the founding of his space-cult:

A letter to his wife Polly (October 1938), quoted in Bare-faced Messiah: The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987), p. 81
'You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.'

Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.
This statement is similar or identical to several statements Hubbard is reported to have made to various individuals or groups in the 1940s. Variants include:
The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall — but in so many words Hubbard said: "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"

L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd A. Eshbach, in 1949; as quoted by Eshbach in his autobiography Over My Shoulder: Reflections On A Science Fiction Era (1983) ISBN 1-880418-11-8
'Y'know, we're all wasting our time writing this hack science fiction! You wanta make real money, you gotta start a religion!'

As reported to Mike Jittlov by Theodore Sturgeon as a statement Hubbard made while at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society clubhouse in the 1940s.
'Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.'

As quoted in the Los Angeles Times (27 August 1978)
'Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.'

As quoted in the article "Scientology: Anatomy of a Frightening Cult" by Eugene H. Methvin. Reader's Digest (May 1980)
'I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money — he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult.'

Sam Merwin, Editor of Thrilling Science Fiction magazine Winter of 1946-47; quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Mille
'Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion.'
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:44:20 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

So what you're trying or he's trying to say here is that, the easiest way to make money is to start a religion?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

Interesting; but doesnt nearly all religions have agressive campaigning, and have problems dealing with mental illness?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
A highly-praised HBO documentary on Scientology from earlier this year:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Clear_%28film%29

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
So what you're trying or he's trying to say here is that, the easiest way to make money is to start a religion?

$3200 for the basic starter books, $50,000 to go clear and free your alien soul from implants. Alot of money is needed to maintain the billions of dollars worth of facilities, restaurants, retreats, yachts, and research centers, charities.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:25:01 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
$3200 for the basic starter books, $50,000 to go clear and free your alien soul from implants. Lot's of money is needed to maintain the billions of dollars worth of facilities, restaurants, retreats, yachts, and research centers.

Sounds like a good scam.  So it has a lot in common with established religions.

Why are members that leave hounded and vilified by the scientologists? 

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A highly-praised HBO documentary on Scientology from earlier this year:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Clear_%28film%29

Most people would just happily be on their way to leave if they chose to reject the religion, not run to HBO to create a documentary to slander the entire religion without telling the full story. You have to earn your way into Scientology and it's not cut out for everyone. This religion attracts alot of personality cult type rich celebrities and successful people, the kind of people who are most likely to cause  a scene when they leave. You are either fully dedicated to the cause of clearing the planet or you are not.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good scam.  So it has a lot in common with established religions.

Why are members that leave hounded and vilified by the scientologists?

You're also traveling, eating, living at facilities, you get many free luxuries and expenses that need to be covered and some of these trials take weeks to months to complete.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
He's fucking with you (obviously). Low level scientologists are not aware of all the "leave planet bcz aliens" crazyness, that is only revealed very late when you're so brainwashed that you would literally believe anything.

pogosan

+1