Poll

Is grytviken really a Scientologist?

1. Think so...
23 (51.1%)
2. Don't think so...
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Grytviken: Are you really a "practicing Scientologist" or r you just fkin w/ us?  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2746
  • Infamy: 2920
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
My only gripe with Scientology is monetary cost. I'm too poor for that shit. But it is infinitely better than other religions. Scientology is modern and involves aliens while other beliefs are very xenophobic and deny possibility of life outside this smelly rock.

pogosan

+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 848
  • Infamy: 1982
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Scientology is just a fairly small cult. Since in this world everything revolves around money, they ask large sums from their members to stay relevant. Just like every other cult. They don't have billions of suckers willing to chip in like major religions do have. Which means that cultists have to be rich to be able to support their cult. Stealing from the rich ain't that bad, fellow commies. On the other hand, Christian preacher will gladly take money from dirt poor. I know one who bought an apartment with ton of crumpled banknotes. Where do you think he got those from? 

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
I'm not saying I want to participate in anything... I want to know how much you have paid/donated to the church of scientology. If you want to factor in services you've done for them as well I'm all ears.

Still waiting for the answer to my question  :wink:

Probably less than alot of other religions spend on ceremonies etc. Maybe $5000 on classes and Dianetic seminars. You're either a Scientologist or you're not, it's a myth that you have to be rich to be one, some are more dedicated than others. Would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars studying theology at a religious institute?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:59:26 am by Grytviken »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2953
  • Infamy: 1154
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
This is really interesting topic. Would prefer different direction tho. Willing to take on anyone who thinks what Christians/Muslims/Hindu preach makes more sense than Scientology. Seems like debate one person can't lose, only outcome would be some butthurt Christian twisting facts and disqualifying himself from further discussion.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+3
I dont see how scientology is anymore ridiculous than any other religion, practicing scientologist, christian or muslim, whatever, and what the fuck.

The only reason this sounds outrageously silly is because it hasnt been practiced and forced over multiple generations.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:24:21 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
Religion, to me, is whatever floats your boat. As long as it's teaching you how to be a good person I don't care what you believe. I've read about all religions and most recently Scientology because I had no idea what the fuck it actually was. You may argue it's a money grab but isn't Christianity as well? Do they not pass around a collection plate for you to fill with money every Sunday, and for some lucky people, Wednesday too? Are there not mega churches and Jole Olstein? Discuss.

Follow your heart Grytviken, life's too short to give a shit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:43:51 am by Bronto »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
+1
Probably less than alot of other religions spend on ceremonies etc. Maybe $5000 on classes and Dianetic seminars. You're either a Scientologist or you're not, it's a myth that you have to be rich to be one, some are more dedicated than others. Would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars studying theology at a religious institute?

I swear that said $50,000 a second ago...
I guess $5,000 isn't too bad if you personally think you obtain something of value in return.
$50,000 is a whole nother story.

And to answer your question, no, I would not spend hundreds of thousands studying religion.

This is my first time actually talking to a Scientologist first hand so I guess I Want to get a subjective opinion from the other side of the fence...
Ok next questions if you don't mind:

1. What is with these claims of church members stalking, investigating and attempting to blackmail harsh critics of scientology? Do you feel this is necessary and if so, why?
Examples: I've heard many rumors that they stalked and gathered information on matt parker & trey stone (creators of southpark) after they aired that episode of southpark with scientology being their main focus... Also they've seem to have done the same to many critics and particular authors of books critical of Scientology.

2. Have you disconnected from any of your family members after joining the church? What does your family think of your religious views?

3. In your own words, what was your life like before becoming a member of scientology... How is your life different today compared to your former self?

edit: few more questions.

4. Do you work for the church of Scientology or provide service for them?If so, How many hours a week on average would you say you spend providing service?

5. Have you ever been punished by the church of Scientology? If so, what was the reason and the outcome?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:07:20 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
I swear that said $50,000 a second ago...
I guess $5,000 isn't too bad if you personally think you obtain something of value in return.
$50,000 is a whole nother story.

And to answer your question, no, I would not spend hundreds of thousands studying religion.

This is my first time actually talking to a Scientologist first hand so I guess I Want to get a subjective opinion from the other side of the fence...
Ok next questions if you don't mind:

1. What is with these claims of church members stalking, investigating and attempting to blackmail harsh critics of scientology? Do you feel this is necessary and if so, why?
Examples: I've heard many rumors that they stalked and gathered information on matt parker & trey stone (creators of southpark) after they aired that episode of southpark with scientology being their main focus... Also they've seem to have done the same to many critics and particular authors of books critical of Scientology.

2. Have you disconnected from any of your family members after joining the church? What does your family think of your religious views?

3. In your own words, what was your life like before becoming a member of scientology... How is your life different today compared to your former self?

The long-term path to enhancing civilization is not cheap no matter how you look at it. $50,000 is nothing compared to the trillions of dollars invested in ruining society with pharmaceutical monopolies, environmental pollution and media psychology.

1. I don't pay much attention to the critics or their reactive agendas.

2. No, we don't discuss it.

3. I already agreed with most of the principles and was not very dedicated to a particular religion before, so not much.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
+3
I dont see how scientology is anymore ridiculous than any other religion, practicing scientologist, christian or muslim, whatever, and what the fuck.

The only reason this sounds outrageously silly is because it hasnt been practiced and forced over multiple generations.

I would say it's on the same level as other religions except we know the person who "invented" it. In addition to founding Scientology, he was also a prominent SCIENCE FICTION WRITER.

Like if we knew Jesus wrote high fantasy fiction novels with holy unicorns and reincarnation it would probably tarnish Christianity's reputation hardcore.

If Scientology survives for a couple thousand years (lol) its origins will become at least a little more obscure, much like all the religions that were founded in the fucking bronze/iron age.

edit:
Fits the intellectual level of his posts

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:45:52 am by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
+4

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
dayumn...

Have you heard of this stuff Grytviken or do you dismiss it entirely?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
+2
dayumn...

muslims prapoganda

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Religion, to me, is whatever floats your boat. As long as it's teaching you how to be a good person I don't care what you believe. I've read about all religions and most recently Scientology because I had no idea what the fuck it actually was. You may argue it's a money grab but isn't Christianity as well? Do they not pass around a collection plate for you to fill with money every Sunday, and for some lucky people, Wednesday too? Are there not mega churches and Jole Olstein? Discuss.

Follow your heart Grytviken, life's too short to give a shit.

Christianity is a much larger money grabbing operation, it's just that they're way more subtle about it. A bunch of nonsense for huge amounts of money

value = gotten

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
dayumn...

99.999999999999999999999999999% of Scientologists are peaceful.

If Scientology survives for a couple thousand years (lol) its origins will become at least a little more obscure, much like all the religions that were founded in the fucking bronze/iron age.

Scientology is using revolutionary technology to restore old audio and movies so it will be around for reference in another 2000 years. Your reincarnated alien souls will be able to watch footage from the 1940's in technicolor hd in the year 3535.