Poll

Is grytviken really a Scientologist?

1. Think so...
23 (51.1%)
2. Don't think so...
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Grytviken: Are you really a "practicing Scientologist" or r you just fkin w/ us?  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
+2
Is it possible to become a scientologist and not spend a dime? Old religions ask for charity but do not force it.

Shouldn't it trouble you that you don't have money? They offer courses and auditing to find the problems that suppress your ability to make money.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
+4
Well, it's official now:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yet many people will call themselves Christians and are recognized as such while also paying nothing or next to nothing to the Church. I don't think there are many people calling themselves scientologues without actually spending thousands of dollars.

I think you misunderstood my previous post... people have to be introduced to a religion at some point, usually as a kid by their parents. At this point, their parents are paying membership dues and the added cost of religious education to the church, in return the kid gets to have all the special ceremonies performed, be it a baptism, confirmation, bar/bat mitzvah, etc. Afterwards, for the rest of their life that kid can go around saying "I'm a practicing christian/jew/etc" and not necessarily be lying, while not paying anything out of their pocket since their parents took care of it at some point in time. The fact that scientology has an entry fee doesn't set it apart from any other religion. If they forced members to keep paying ridiculous amounts of money every year, or be banned from the church, then yeah, it's different from most others and a little ridiculous.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
Out of the palm of his hand...

Well... build it and they will come. Not religion, but this thread.

*ahem* good sir. Is sir aware that sir is/may be/might potentially in the future, be spending a lot of money for little material gain as a member of sir's particular religion/group/organisation/club/cult/thing? I simply state it as nobody else in the threads seems to have taken it upon themselves to mention this. *Self-indulgent chortle*, why, i consider this to be quite the scam, oohoohoohoohoo how delightful, i shall never cease to enjoy typing that i consider this to be a scam. Boy i bet Grytviken sure feels silly for accidentally blurting out that he's a scientologist in this particular forum, what a completely unintentional and unfortunate thing for this person to have posted here.

They are very helpful to parishioners with low or no income. For the more expensive courses they will even help by opening you a new line of credit  against any mortgage or property you own, which you will easily able to pay off with your new found knowledge. This thread is just Xenuphobic .

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Shouldn't it trouble you that you don't have money? They offer courses and auditing to find the problems that suppress your ability to make money.

So in short, you don't want to answer, the answer is no, and it is important for the Church that potential followers learn how to make money.

At this point, their parents are paying membership dues and the added cost of religious education to the church

No they aren't. Literally all you need is baptizing, then you can spend your whole life practicing like every other follower, and you will be as worthy as the others.

*ahem* good sir. Is sir aware that sir is/may be/might potentially in the future, be spending a lot of money for little material gain as a member of sir's particular religion/group/organisation/club/cult/thing? I simply state it as nobody else in the threads seems to have taken it upon themselves to mention this. *Self-indulgent chortle*, why, i consider this to be quite the scam, oohoohoohoohoo how delightful, i shall never cease to enjoy typing that i consider this to be a scam. Boy i bet Grytviken sure feels silly for accidentally blurting out that he's a scientologist in this particular forum, what a completely unintentional and unfortunate thing for this person to have posted here.

To me it's still 90% odds for trolling.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1357
  • Infamy: 2618
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Why did Cruise become scientologist? He could donate to church, be a muslim... but... he would never get proper return of his investment. So many people people over centuries have pumped up money into long lasting religions with massive number of active worshipers. No matter how much he chips in, he'll never be important Christian or Muslim.

But with Scientology is different. It is a fairly new cult, and while it has many negative aspects of similar cults it doesn't lead to inevitable mass suicide (yet). Very futuristic, thanks to actual sci-fi writer starting it. Makes more sense than similar cults. Scientology is cult with a bright future and Tom Cruise has a chance to be remembered as very important part of Scientology if it ever grows to a point where it will rival major religions.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Nah I don't think he did it to be important... There are a surprisingly large number of celebrities in Scientology and most of them don't go around blurting that they are scientologists, some outright won't even admit they are scientologists (will smith)... it's the critics of scientology for the most part who point out all these celebs who are scientologists. I remember hearing a story from a defector of who said he worked like 100 hours weeks providing service to the church of scientology which basically just meant serving other higher ranking members. I think scientology offers tangible benefits such as this to higher ranking members and that's why so many celebs and other successful people are drawn to it... Where most religions offer only a peace of mind in knowing you are going to heaven or whatever, I think scientology differs by offering tangible benefits to those at the top... maybe better than what major religions offers those at the top. Just my theory.  :mrgreen:

Look at all these Scientologists! Boggles the mind.

To be fair charles manson, pictured near bottom center, is not a scientologists... he just read some of the material and got a taste and then thought it was too crazy for him.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:21:56 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
+1
This thread is just Xenuphobic .

ya blew it

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Well, it's official now:

ok we can close the thread now

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Intervention failed

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
+2
More like inqusition conversion. Purge that alien religion herezy within you.

(click to show/hide)

Pras the Emperor and humanity you traitor!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Even Oberyn isn't a scientologist.

Grytviken, THE POWER OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST COMPELS YOU! REPENT YOUR SINS AND THROW AWAY THESE FALSE TEACHINGS OF MAN! JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU AND PUT YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST FOR ETERNAL LIFE IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:48:38 pm by LordBerenger »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
This thread would be fun if it wasn't such obvious trolling.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
SCientologists are the new eluminaty. they gather the people of great power by offereing them great benefits. they infiltrated the state already, they opress opinions, and gain more political power by hording money and buisinesses. they will rule the word. So maybe it is the time now to join their ranks to be part of it.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Even Oberyn isn't a scientologist.

Grytviken, THE POWER OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST COMPELS YOU! REPENT YOUR SINS AND THROW AWAY THESE FALSE TEACHINGS OF MAN! JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU AND PUT YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST FOR ETERNAL LIFE IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN!

Scientology is a modern extension of all religions. Mohammed and Jesus were r6 alien implants who were able to free themselves through self auditing. Don't you want to free yourself?

Freud mastered the three levels of consciousness of the human mind, we have mastered the missing connection between the mind and the soul.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:57:03 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
+3
Scientology is a modern extension of all religions. Mohammed and Jesus were r6 alien implants who were able to free themselves through self auditing. Don't you want to free yourself?

Silence, HERETIC

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!