Author Topic: Upcoming patch  (Read 34542 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Upcoming patch
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 10:13:46 am »
+1
Please no, let it die  :cry:
strategus 6 is a real chance for those losers who could not achieve anything in the first five))
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »
+1
I like the 70s-80s music and style of that video.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 12:25:33 pm »
strat is just a game for fun,beside the normal crpg,so why calling ppl losers who want to play in strat 6? makes no sense at all^^

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 01:07:16 pm »
Strategus
-Strat reset - confirmed with chadz
-Balance/adjustments to try and make it a little less time consuming and try to have more battles

Whatever you do about strategus, please no AI fiefs. Distribute them to the players from the beginning, using any methods.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »
+1
the problem was that there was one big badass faction who rekt all those AI fiefs imo. And cuz there could be 75 applicants on the AI side it was pretty easy for them to defend all of them.

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 02:16:52 pm »
+1
I'm glad another patch is on the way and i thank you for that, but i have a suggestion for next Strategus, i am not sure but making all items +3 by default would make it a lot easier for people to play who doesn't want to spend their time with micro management. Less unnecessary effort for faction leaders who are planning to play, better chance being useful in Strategus for those who aren't in faction or not in a big one.

Thank you.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 02:18:30 pm »
I'm glad another patch is on the way but i have a suggestion for next Strategus, i am not sure but making all items +3 by default will make it a lot easier for people to play who doesn't want to spend their time with micro management. Less unnecessary effort for faction leaders who is planning to play, better chance being useful in Strategus for those who isn't in faction or not in a big one.

Thank you.

well there should be actually a point in having bigger factions and alliances. Id definately not like if u could simply go everywhere and buy whatever u want

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »
+1
well there should be actually a point in having bigger factions and alliances. Id definately not like if u could simply go everywhere and buy whatever u want

Bigger factions and alliances already has advantage of having lots of players to grind troops, gold and do trading for them in my opinion.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »
+5
I honestly don't care if updates help or hurt the game at this point, just glad someone is still putting in their time and effort to make it the best they can, thank you Dupre!  I'm assuming this is all possible since Melee is getting a separate website, so chadz is loosening his noose on c-rpg.net (item pics will finally get added, strat reset, etc).

Any chance of addressing the HTML vulnerabilities that were pointed out that allowed people to sit one one place on strat and buy and sell goods from any fief they wanted without having to move?

should get rid of  banner balance as well.

For the love of all things holy, please get rid of banner balance (or at least minimize it's effect).  Having balanced teams is more important than pub stomping a server.  I prefer being on the losing team and trying to help us achieve victory, you can set a flag on me to always be switched to the losing team if you want me to lead by example. :P

I thought people realized how lame (and detrimental to server populations) pub stomps were back in the early 2000 counter-strike days.  Besides it's fun hearing your clanmates bitch in teamspeak when you devastate them.  :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:51:44 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »
+5
I honestly don't care if updates help or hurt the game at this point, just glad someone is still putting in their time and effort to make it the best they can, thank you Dupre!  I'm assuming this is all possible since Melee is getting a separate website, so chadz is loosening his noose on c-rpg.net (item pics will finally get added, strat reset, etc).

Any chance of addressing the HTML vulnerabilities that were pointed out that allowed people to sit one one place on strat and buy and sell goods from any fief they wanted without having to move?

For the love of all things holy, please get rid of banner balance (or at least minimize it's effect).  Having balanced teams is more important than pub stomping a server.  I prefer being on the losing team and trying to help us achieve victory, you can set a flag on me to always be switched to the losing team if you want me to lead by example. :P

I thought people realized how lame (and detrimental to server populations) pub stomps were back in the early 2000 counter-strike days.  Besides it's fun hearing your clanmates bitch in teamspeak when you devastate them.  :twisted:

Ya, not enough to counter it. Half the server is rock throwing trash and the other team is all heavy armor melle

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 04:23:51 pm »
+1
You have some high hopes.

Even when mod was pretty dead and i heard more then 60 people were on even on a friday or saturday night i would say fuck it and ditch my GF or whoever and get on to play hahaha

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »
I actually thought the AI fiefs worked relatively well this time around, cos people who signed for AI got a small silver reward and cos gear costs went up stupidly high for this round people really needed the boost (also when you spawn with 100 silver and goods cost 15 apiece, a 1000 silver boost is nothing to be sniffed at in the early-game)

I think it would work again if we had 2 things:

- motivated population
- good numbers

Atm, if you had a strategus reset, it would certainly bring back some people, but only the most hardcore would accept to grind back whole empires. And those that would would not be enough to support a good AI defense too. Would be both unbalanced and boring.

I say, we should Skip This Fun. If you get my meaning.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:34 pm »
+8
Strategus
-Strat reset - confirmed with chadz
-Balance/adjustments to try and make it a little less time consuming and try to have more battles

EU and NA on same map? Otherwise it's pointless for EU side as there are no players at all. Just make defending faction decide which server it's played on.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »
+2
EU and NA on same map? Otherwise it's pointless for EU side as there are no players at all. Just make defending faction decide which server it's played on.
also throw in some CHN for lulz

Skyrim UI

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »
errrm, nice  :o