Author Topic: Anyone with some computer knowledge that can help?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Anyone with some computer knowledge that can help?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »
yes the blue one

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 07:17:43 pm »
That's a converter which is exactly what you need, you have a dvi cable and you need a dvi to vga converter, check around your house a lot of monitors came with them for free. Also check to see if your monitor has any other ports, if so you could just buy a vga cable which might be easier to get ahold of.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:57 pm »
That's a converter which is exactly what you need, you have a dvi cable and you need a dvi to vga converter, check around your house a lot of monitors came with them for free. Also check to see if your monitor has any other ports, if so you could just buy a vga cable which might be easier to get ahold of.

Ill try to get my hands on one. Wont be able to do much today since its rather late already, but now i have a lot of things stacked up to try for tomorrow.

Also fuck you, you Xom heretic! Corpses for Trog!

Xom is best god, he pays attention to me.
Xom says: I'm watching you, my ugly child.

My frodo halfling assassin is closing up my first ever victory, with 2 runes and soon to have cleared depths, im sure the orb run is a cakewalk HAHA... right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:25:36 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »
+1
One other thing that's a shot in the dark, check if your gpu and monitors have hdmi ports could simply be the cable.... I doubt it but it's an easy thing to check

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 07:26:57 pm »
+1
Gravoth if you have an integrated GPU there has to be either an HMDI, VGA or DVI output on the mobo. Plug your screen into that.

If your GPU is overclocked, disable the overclock. To be sure, uninstall any GPU overclocking software you might have and disable the associated services in msconfig. Artifacts are often caused by bad VRAM OCs (although they don't usually look like what you describe).

By the way I used to have artifacts with a perfectly fine GPU. They simply disappeared after carefully wiping the driver and re-installing. It might even be your motherboard or your PSU not providing enough power. That said, boot artifacts are usually synonymous with something being bricked.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 08:03:37 pm »
You could also go buy a graphics card from a large retail store just to test it out and if you have to, return it, they usually have a manufacturers return policy of 15-30 days for multiple reasons. If you can find your identical card even better.

Your card could still be under some kind of manufacturer's warranty you never know.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:28:06 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 08:29:05 pm »
You could also go buy a graphics card from a large retail store just to test it out then return it, they usually have a manufacturers return policy of 15-30 days for multiple reasons.

That's what I do with my underware - I return them back to the shop after a week, so I don't have to wash them myself. And if they ask any questions, I tell them that my balls were sweating too much. They usually give me an evil eye, since I only buy thongs and they have a decent ventilation, but there is no law against it so they have to take it back.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »
That's what I do with my underware - I return them back to the shop after a week, so I don't have to wash them myself. And if they ask any questions, I tell them that my balls were sweating too much. They usually give me an evil eye, since I only buy thongs and they have a decent ventilation, but there is no law against it so they have to take it back.

Well cards are known to fail right out of the box, there is a special warranty and return policy between the manufacturer and the retailer because of this, this policy also covers returns for non-compatibility, which would be his problem.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »

Why after a week? i thought you switched underwear every day?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:12 pm »
Why after a week? i thought you switched underwear every day?

Sorry man, it was just something I told you when you complained about my dick tasting fishy...  8-)

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »
+1
Also fuck you, you Xom heretic! Corpses for Trog!

Xom just spawned 2 shadows on my level 5 character. instantly died. Then he revived me so i could die instantly again. Xom is love, Xom is life.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »
Sorry man, it was just something I told you when you complained about my dick tasting fishy...  8-)

Fishy is essential for those long winters to supplement that vitamin D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »
+1
I finally took my lazy ass the time to switch out my gpu to the 560ti i had saved. And indeed it was the 670 that had broken down. Will see if i have a reciept around so mabe i can get a refund or a new one.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »
Can't believe there are inept developers out there who make games that can brick your GPU. I don't know how logical this sounds to you but if I were you, I would do whatever it takes to sue those damn bastards. This is inacceptable.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »
Can't believe there are inept developers out there who make games that can brick your GPU. I don't know how logical this sounds to you but if I were you, I would do whatever it takes to sue those damn bastards. This is inacceptable.

Unfortunately the game is so good, i cant really be mad at them (if they are even to blame to begin with, im not sure if RL was the cause)