Author Topic: Why do europoors constantly hate on America?  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Why do europoors constantly hate on America?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:26 am »
That pic is so murican it should be used as often as possible

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 11:43:25 am »
+2
tiny bits
in this thread

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »
What I really think is disturbing is the german (or europe?) hate for so many scientific achievements. Gene-manipulated food, google/apple/microsoft software, silicon valley in general... Sure there is controversial stuff but the blind fear and hate some people here have about all those topics is insane.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:37 pm »
+1
What I really think is disturbing is the german (or europe?) hate for so many scientific achievements. Gene-manipulated food, google/apple/microsoft software, silicon valley in general... Sure there is controversial stuff but the blind fear and hate some people here have about all those topics is insane.

There is blind fear and hate of everything that comes from outside in the general population, and that's a constant everywhere on the planet. In the examples you give however there are also very good reasons to not just accept everything blindly.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 09:13:48 pm »
I hate murrica cuz u no sends me obama funds to make my live better. I live next to a mosque please send marines to protect me  :(

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2102
  • Infamy: 566
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

Modified food certainly is scientific achievement, but every human thinks highly of himself. Believes he deserves the best and modified food tastes like crap. Not sure about health effects, but if you want to enjoy your food, eating those perfectly formed vegetables isn't the way to go.

It is perfectly natural to be skeptic of huge multinational corporations like Apple, Microsoft, Google. The more money they have, their detachment from the normal grows and they tend to go megalomaniac in their actions and beliefs. They start to believe their way is the best way and what others may think it is lowly rubbish. Companies aren't immune to big head syndrome.

Blind fear and hate are dangerous. They are result of lack of information and general education. But when you have some idea what is going on, it is improper to label it same way. You've heard of word criticism, haven't you?

It may seem odd to you because you are German living in Germany who thinks that Germans are in the wrong but when it comes to IT matters you're on average way above Americans. You don't use consoles for gaming as much they do, and using consoles shows bad taste and lack of education. Germans also make good software and your IT companies are solid as they get. Produce quality stuff.

Funnily enough, despite USA being cradle of modern IT, they are very poor when it comes to understanding technology. They have the best engineers but average Joe is dumb as a brick.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 10:09:43 pm »
+1
I wish my country cucked out to muslims and let them rape our civilians and burn our flags in the streets

I dont care about some silly piece of cloth, and they only rape females.

rekt [X] not rekt [  ]

also
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »
Modified food certainly is scientific achievement, but every human thinks highly of himself. Believes he deserves the best and modified food tastes like crap. Not sure about health effects, but if you want to enjoy your food, eating those perfectly formed vegetables isn't the way to go.

It is perfectly natural to be skeptic of huge multinational corporations like Apple, Microsoft, Google. The more money they have, their detachment from the normal grows and they tend to go megalomaniac in their actions and beliefs. They start to believe their way is the best way and what others may think it is lowly rubbish. Companies aren't immune to big head syndrome.

Blind fear and hate are dangerous. They are result of lack of information and general education. But when you have some idea what is going on, it is improper to label it same way. You've heard of word criticism, haven't you?

It may seem odd to you because you are German living in Germany who thinks that Germans are in the wrong but when it comes to IT matters you're on average way above Americans. You don't use consoles for gaming as much they do, and using consoles shows bad taste and lack of education. Germans also make good software and your IT companies are solid as they get. Produce quality stuff.

Funnily enough, despite USA being cradle of modern IT, they are very poor when it comes to understanding technology. They have the best engineers but average Joe is dumb as a brick.
Modified vegetables can have exactly the same taste and everything but I thing it's good that euros have some restrains for everything that is new, and they can not be blamed with the scandals coming from science (amiante, thalidomide, etc ).

The public dislike of corporate may due to their tendencies to see consumers as stupid sheeps (in which they are not so wrong) and because they do all the tricks imaginable to avoid taxes.

They have the best engineers because they import them  :lol:
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 12:51:19 am »
+1
You're all completely beside the point. The only serious danger of GMO crops is uncontrolled dissemination of the modified genes into the native populations. In Mexico, maize is in an extremely poor shape because natural breeds have almost all been contaminated with GMO breeds, essentially killing them off. That danger is basically impossible to protect against, and so it very well might be that the right way forward is to ban most GMO crops entirely, but accept imported GMO products as long as their effects on humans have been reasonably tested. In some cases the safety regulations don't even make any sense. Colza oil is still oil.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2293
  • Infamy: 1722
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 12:56:49 am »
Modified vegetables can have exactly the same taste

They can in theory but I haven't tasted any decent specimen. There is a reason why we are going full science on food and it isn't about preserving quality. We have to mass produce because our developed civilization have certain demands. Which cannot be fulfilled with legacy food growing methods. Quality isn't of major concern, it is pretty much the same as with fast food. Cheap garbage meant to keep masses satisfied. Quality takes care and time, and we can't spare those on mass produced food.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 01:01:22 am »
Europeans are jelly of my circumcision 8-) 8-)

Much cleaner better looking penis.  8-) 8-)
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 01:16:38 am »
+1
I dont care about some silly piece of cloth, and they only rape females.

rekt [X] not rekt [  ]

also
(click to show/hide)

With Science anything is possible m8

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 01:51:01 am »
+1
With Science anything is possible m8

Male pregnancy is my fetish
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 06:01:23 pm »
If instead I heckle you, it's cos I care.

Really?