Author Topic: A final solution to 2H and PO unrealistic spamming.  (Read 4660 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: A final solution to 2H and PO unrealistic spamming.
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:26 am »
also mentioned many times and very true: there are nearly no true spammers out there. most people only "spam" when they think the opponent won't strike back. And in most cases it is not true spamming either, because if the opponent is underestimated and strikes back he suddenly starts blocking.

one thing is true though, being very aggressive is often very successful in this game.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 10:36:39 am »
There should be ways to go about this while maintaining the game's fast pace.
We just need more options.

I have heard suggestions about dodge options for infantry, directional blocking for shields with much better rewards (and nerfed regular block), etc. Timing an attack out of shield and having the attacker just spam is just very linear. More movement and defensive options would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:04 am »
Please play more before you post threads like this. There's thousands of "nerf 2h/pole" already.

Also, this mod is not based on realism, but balance. Please keep that in mind before you pull your realism card out again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:45:27 am by Vibe »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:31 am »

Don't slow the game down. The only people who can't kill a spammer are noobs. Learn to block, learn to use footwork, and just learn to play the game. The current pace of the game is fine. Keep your Mount & Asthma out of my Mount & Blade.

You sound like a politician. Instead of taking part in the discussion, you just shout the same old paroles every day.

A) Stamina system doesn't necessarily slow the game down AT ALL. Of course, it depends on the implementation, but a mechanism forcing you to block after 3-5 swings would slow the game down HOW EXACTLY PLEASE EXPLAIN. If at all, it will make the game MORE FAST PACED, because you have to RELY ON QUICK BLOCKING MOVES, or you will be dead. Good players have no problem with that, it's their style of play already. NOTHING CHANGES FOR THE GOOD PLAYERS.

B) It's true that in a duel, you only lose against a spammer if you are a noob. This is not the problem. The problem is that IT TAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL TO CHOOSE A LONG WEAPON, SPAM IT AND REACH THE TOP 10 OF THE SCOREBOARD IN BATTLE OR SIEGE MODE. If this doesn't bother you, fine. It bothers me.

C) Everyone who opposes such a system must be a spammer noob himself, for only those would be negatively affected by its introduction. Instead of opposing this system, they should learn to use footwork, blocking and just in general learn to play and whine less. Keep your Mount & Spam out of my Mount & Blade. (See, I can also make stupid generalizations and wild claims that don't add to the discussion at all).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »
Frell, take a look at this thread.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,553.0.html

It contains answers to all your questions, and in the beginning I'm teaching Kinngrimm as a shielder all I know about beating shielders. (and I'm a Ninja)

Now look at Kinngrimm these days.. Why.. why! I hate meeting him on the flanks, cause I know my probability of surviving the encounter is 30%. Less with his friends along. :-D

Also, as a shielder, your shield is your armor. You don't and shouldn't haul along huge amounts of armour.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2011, 01:04:52 pm »
You sound like a politician. Instead of taking part in the discussion, you just shout the same old paroles every day.

A) Stamina system doesn't necessarily slow the game down AT ALL. Of course, it depends on the implementation, but a mechanism forcing you to block after 3-5 swings would slow the game down HOW EXACTLY PLEASE EXPLAIN. If at all, it will make the game MORE FAST PACED, because you have to RELY ON QUICK BLOCKING MOVES, or you will be dead. Good players have no problem with that, it's their style of play already. NOTHING CHANGES FOR THE GOOD PLAYERS.

B) It's true that in a duel, you only lose against a spammer if you are a noob. This is not the problem. The problem is that IT TAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL TO CHOOSE A LONG WEAPON, SPAM IT AND REACH THE TOP 10 OF THE SCOREBOARD IN BATTLE OR SIEGE MODE. If this doesn't bother you, fine. It bothers me.

C) Everyone who opposes such a system must be a spammer noob himself, for only those would be negatively affected by its introduction. Instead of opposing this system, they should learn to use footwork, blocking and just in general learn to play and whine less. Keep your Mount & Spam out of my Mount & Blade. (See, I can also make stupid generalizations and wild claims that don't add to the discussion at all).

A: It would slow the game down and it would change the game for good players. For example, if I'm going up against a turtle shielder I want to kill him as fast as possible. I know the guy isn't going to attack so I am going to spam the shit out of him until his shield breaks. If I have to wait after 3 swings or so, that slows the game down.

B: I disagree with this point. If there is anyone half-decent on they won't fall to a spammer. Maybe this works on siege, but most people who play siege aren't any good anyway. In battle this simply doesn't work. Maybe it's because better players generally play battle or because battle relies so much on teamwork and positioning.

C: Again totally disagree. Spamming isn't a problem and never was. I LOVE coming across a spammer because it's an easy kill. I don't remember who said this quote originally (I know someone has it in his sig) but it goes something like, "If you fall to spam you're either a noob, have a bad build or just plain suck."

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »
It contains answers to all your questions, and in the beginning I'm teaching Kinngrimm as a shielder all I know about beating shielders.

What monster have you created...

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:00 pm »
I am currently playing as a 1h Horseman with shield no real difference between normal shielders (same thing but I ride on a horse for a bit) anyway I find it easys to fight 2h most of the time since as you said quite a few just spam while they do I simply backpeddle for a few steps then charge forward to catch them off guard or just wait till I hear him hit my shield then left swing at him and press the attack. Making this game more realistic would make it shite, yes its fun to have a certain amount of realism in the game but to much, then people thinnk why the hell am I playing this when I might as well go outside and do it? personally I think its just you tactics that are making you lose to 2h players.

???

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
People say spammers aren't a problem, and for the most part I agree.  But the fact is, they win games.  It doesn't matter if I can kill them every time because they just mashed m1 through 8 of my teammates.  I just got out of an NA siege game where two complete trash players, I mean they never blocked once the entire match, both ended the map with about 60 kills and 10 deaths.    I'm spectating one now, 32 and 8 and hasn't blocked a single time.  The only downside to two handers and polearms is that you have to manual block, except clearly you don't.  And that's my problem.  For every 1 legit player who wins a game with skill there are 5 that can spam for the exact same score. 

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2011, 12:26:09 am »
I'll spam all the time, on one condition: that the enemy allows me to. I will never stop attacking/feinting to block if there is never any reason for me to block. If there is, I will. It is not my fault if someone doesn't have enough proficiency, or slows themselves down with too much armor, or plays too defensively, or doesn't know how to strike in a group context.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
People say spammers aren't a problem, and for the most part I agree.  But the fact is, they win games.  It doesn't matter if I can kill them every time because they just mashed m1 through 8 of my teammates.  I just got out of an NA siege game where two complete trash players, I mean they never blocked once the entire match, both ended the map with about 60 kills and 10 deaths.    I'm spectating one now, 32 and 8 and hasn't blocked a single time.  The only downside to two handers and polearms is that you have to manual block, except clearly you don't.  And that's my problem.  For every 1 legit player who wins a game with skill there are 5 that can spam for the exact same score.

1. Well, tbh it is not the spammers fault that ppl are shite at blocking (as much as I dislike spammers, they are nothing but easy kills).

2. You are never going to win against any decent player by spamming, and imo, killing the good players is what's fun. Let the spammers kill the newbs, and rejoice in the fact that while you are improving your skillz by battling the best out there, Mr Spammer is gaining nothing. It's not at all about just how many you kill, whom you kill is equally important. And for the overall progression of you as a player, spammers killing the noobs has little effect (as you would not gain anything from killing the newbs either).

3. As icing on the cake, the newbs are forced to learn how to block and will thus quickly surpass the spammer in skill.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:10:06 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:42 pm »
You are never going to win against any decent player by spamming, and imo, killing the good players is what's fun. Let the spammers kill the newbs, and rejoice in the fact that while you are improving your skillz by battling the best out there, Mr Spammer is gaining nothing. It's not at all about just how many you kill, whom you kill is equally important. And for the overall progression of you as a player, spammers killing the noobs has little effect (as you would not gain anything from killing the newbs either).

Well said mister, +1.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
I don't agree when people say spamming doesn't work or that there aren't any. My pikeman 15/22 (will be 24 with 8 ath and 8 wm) can spam his long axe (sidearm for 1v1 situations) and nearly stunlock people. While spamming won't work on the duel server (sometimes), it works really well in battle. People don't expect you to spam, that's why it's so easy. And with 24 agility, you can easily turn around the enemy and go through the blocks. Even if technically I don't stunlock, the timing window for blocking my next swing is still very short.