Author Topic: Patch notes/just give us a general idea?  (Read 11668 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Patch notes/just give us a general idea?
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:15 am »
+6
Since I've started playing the game years ago (boy i sure am gay), there hasn't been a patch that has drastically changed the game for me. It's a warband mod, and that's what it'll be. Moderate animation and damage changes, bah. There have just about always been weapons that I've felt were particularly strong in comparison to others, but none that were completely unreasonable. Same with builds at certain times.

If you've developed a decent degree of skill, you can be successful in the game using just about anything.

After another patch, some people are going to say it is absolute shit, some people are gonna say that its breddy gud 5/5, and I'm barely going to notice, but I reckon I'll keep killing people.

So, you know, no pressure from me. I'm sure that every member of the team working on this patch is unspeakably relieved.

You're welcome, everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:29 am »
Since I've started playing the game years ago (boy i sure am gay), there hasn't been a patch that has drastically changed the game for me. It's a warband mod, and that's what it'll be. Moderate animation and damage changes, bah. There have just about always been weapons that I've felt were particularly strong in comparison to others, but none that were completely unreasonable. Same with builds at certain times.

If you've developed a decent degree of skill, you can be successful in the game using just about anything.

After another patch, some people are going to say it is absolute shit, some people are gonna say that its breddy gud 5/5, and I'm barely going to notice, but I reckon I'll keep killing people.

So, you know, no pressure from me. I'm sure that every member of the team working on this patch is unspeakably relieved.

You're welcome, everyone.
Thanks Sandy we can always rely on you

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2015, 07:52:19 am »
Any kind of patch we can get is appreciated, but the mod has been in an excellent state game-play wise for the better part of two years now (the meta changes with the months so things will seem OP for awhile, but fundamentally the game has been sound since early 2013). The real problem is that the cupcake (strat) is gone to rot but instead of baking a new one you're just continually adding icing that everyone is already nauseous from anyhow.

Honestly the only thing that could really help this mod revive is a major strategus overhaul. Pretty much every oldfeg that played for persistent characters is still around, it's all the guys that played for strat that we lost.

That said I think most people are aware there simply isn't anyone around to work on strat, so it's really just a shitty situation for all involved.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Patch cancelled. Enjoy the same maps and wonky laggy combat.

Also, what wonky laggy combat are you talking about? Unless it's the inherent wonkiness that comes with giving everyone level 35 on a silver platter I really can't say I've experienced combat that was wonky of late. I mean I've only logged like 200 hours in over the past month, but from what I've experienced the mod still has the best combat flow and animations of any medieval combat game (much less of any warband mod). 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:04:23 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2015, 08:02:15 am »
mod will rise, I love devs.

Seriously. Without them putting their time into this shitty mod we probably woulndt be here, think about that.
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06:32 am »
+3
Any kind of patch we can get is appreciated, but the mod has been in an excellent state game-play wise for the better part of two years now (the meta changes with the months so things will seem OP for awhile, but fundamentally the game has been sound since early 2013). The real problem is that the cupcake (strat) is gone to rot but instead of baking a new one you're just continually adding icing that everyone is already nauseous from anyhow.

Honestly the only thing that could really help this mod revive is a major strategus overhaul. Pretty much every oldfeg that played for persistent characters is still around, it's all the guys that played for strat that we lost.

That said I think most people are aware there simply isn't anyone around to work on strat, so it's really just a shitty situation for all involved.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Also, what wonky laggy combat are you talking about? Unless it's the inherent wonkiness that comes with giving everyone level 35 on a silver platter I really can't say I've experienced combat that was wonky of late. I mean I've only logged like 200 hours in over the past month, but from what I've experienced the mod still has the best combat flow and animations of any medieval combat game (much less of any warband mod).

How to fix Stragegus(A Guide by Tristan):

1. Lock Dutchy and James in a room and make them both the head devs of development for Strategus. After about 2 weeks of straight drinking and cursing at each other they should have a plan
2. Teach them how to code(will require more alcohol).
3. ???
4. Strat will be a different beast

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2015, 11:46:45 am »
My posts offer a constructive alternative, while your post is plain shit, trying to undermine his work.
well words like shitlord sperglord my old friendot ect doesn't really help you with your arguments

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
Damn ! chadz, i'm very ungrateful with what you did to long maul

Can you revert the patch please ?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2015, 12:42:52 pm »
+3
Revert pike spin nerf. I miss roflcopting around. :(

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:03 pm »
+3
Back in the days you guys were lucky to get patch notes at all AFTER the patch happened and only if we weren't too lazy to add them at a commit. You should be grateful that the current guys in charge take a different approach.

Panos' obligatory "2handers are basicly jews who control everything" rants are priceless though.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2015, 12:48:39 pm »
It's only dreams now. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2015, 01:12:05 pm »
+2
well words like shitlord sperglord my old friendot ect doesn't really help you with your arguments

While I prefer Daruvianisms like "shit-baby", "my old friendtron", and the ever-favorite "cheese-dick", these words have served me VERY well in the past.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:59 pm »
+1
While I prefer Daruvianisms like "shit-baby", "my old friendtron", and the ever-favorite "cheese-dick", these words have served me VERY well in the past.

I was a fan of "cock-mongering-Sandersson"
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »
+1
Why reduce gold income? Sure prices in the marketplace go up due to inflation, but its only going up in relation to the gold you earn so I don't see a problem there. I much prefer items to be balanced via stats rather than how big your bank account is. If you think heavy armour is OP (lol) then nerf it rather than make it expensive to upkeep via reduced gold income. Same with horses - balance via stats not gold. If loompoints are too expensive then make them easier to farm

I'm guessing the 0 slot steel bolts is a joke without increasing the slots on Crossbow and lower
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:45:48 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »
why not? Now I can go Longmauler with crossbow and 2 packs of steel bolts.

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ¤=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2015, 01:55:47 pm »
+3
why not? Now I can go Longmauler with crossbow and 2 packs of steel bolts.