Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 80141 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #885 on: September 25, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »
It's strange really, daesh, the ethnoreligiously militant brutal SUNNI theocracy conducting all out genocides against yazidis and kurds and assyrians and shia's, and yet the refugees are almost universally sunni's. Where are all the yazidi refugees? They would have a damn good reason to get the fuck away from Syria, more than any sunni that's for sure.

I think that's more down to one group being able to get to Europe and the other not. Those refugees have smartphones and tablets and it's very hard to differentiate the actual refugees from the ones merely seeking a better life. But that's not even the real issue. The real issue is that once you're on the move, you want to go the best place you know you can reach, and that is Western Europe (or even Canada/US/Australia for those lucky enough to make it there).

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #886 on: September 25, 2015, 07:01:15 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3247831/Rape-child-abuse-rife-overcrowded-asylum-centres-huge-surge-migrants-pushes-Germany-s-services-breaking-point-claim-womens-rights-groups-politicians.html

There seems to be no concrete evidence that even 5-10% are actual war refugees from Syria, so it would seem that Europe has practically been duped by Merkel to take in millions of economic migrants, with no idea where they are actually from. Damn, those Hungarians are smart!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:44:20 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #887 on: September 25, 2015, 09:44:38 pm »
A bunch of muslim majority countries were on the verge of becoming more or less "modern" by western standards during the Cold War. Sure, it might have been very superficial and ultimately failed, but the Arab pan-nationalism of Nasser and the Hashemites and yes, even Hussein, at the very very creation of the iraqi B'aath party, was much more compatible with western ambitions for a truly interconnected world where, as expressed so eloquently further up in the thread by Kalam, we would be able to sell shit and spread our "self-evidently" superior political and moral code. Realpolitiks and pupeteering and "solutions" applied at a "global level" is what created this problem in the first place. I don't believe NATO or the USSR bear sole responsability, OPEC literally holding the world economy hostage is the only reason these fucking open sores of festering proselytizing theocracies are considered "allies" in the first place, and to be fair the entire societies from the bottom up were and still are operating on the same basic models they have operated on for centuries, i.e base tribalism on an ethnic and religious level. The sad thing is the House of Saud, as much as they are maligned, are actually much more "progressive" and tolerant than the vast majority of the people they rule over. This isn't going to change through western intervention, soft or otherwise. I know you apparently think the West is so incredibly wealthy and powerful it can overwrite reality on a mere whim if it is politically convenient to do so, but the change is only going to come from within. The failed Arab Spring "rebellions", cheerleaded blatantly by western media as eruptions of "freedom" and "liberty" and coopted almost immediately by islamic extremists on every front, have shown that clearly, if the failed afghan and iraqi occupations, devolving into civil war and ethnic cleansing, weren't enough of a hint.
Long term solution for me would be to work towards ending dependency on fossil fuels, particularly the ones whose sources are largely dictatorial totalitarian states that oppose everything we supposedly stand for (pretty much all of them), then we could stop pretending backwards shitholes whose policies are designed to hurt us like Saudi Arabia are anything but that instead of giving them the head of human rights seats on the UN. It's partly the reason I am so pro-nuclear, but also pro any other alternative form of energy as long as it is an efficient and workable solution. Yeah yeah green planet and all that, but the political implications of being "free" from oil and gas (never completely of course, always industrial processes that will need it, but at least reduce the need for it elsewhere) are of much more relevant and immediate interest.

I don't really disagree with anything here. I think we've had issues with delivery rather than conclusions. The message you're sending simply seems xenophobic, though it doesn't have to be. I'd drop the subject if you simply said 'they are not in my tribe so I don't give a shit'. Unless, of course, being a part of your tribe requires an ancestral and appearance based commonality.

There's a constant underestimation of the power of exporting popular culture. Crime, violence, and oppressive cultural imports make the news. Some guy playing ice hockey, obsessing over Captain America, and getting kicked out of his family circle for being a secular black sheep who's embraced the new country does not.

However, I don't know, and I don't think anyone really knows, how much of an effect it has in relation to the historically tried and true method of family and local society. Internet search patterns in different countries might, over time, reveal this information, but as far as I can tell, no one has it now.

As for refugees? I guess it's hard to get people to admit that they don't mind human suffering if it's not on their doorstep. An analogy that may be useful is your house. You may be fine with letting your friend move in with you, and even a stranger who's willing to pay rent, but would you be willing to have a random stranger who lost his apartment in a Hurricane crash on your couch indefinitely?

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #888 on: September 25, 2015, 10:38:38 pm »
+1
I don't see why it is Europe's responsability, or why it should be. They aren't our people. You know how so many muslims are so supportive of palestinian rights, and rightly call out the flagrant abuses of the IDF and settlers, to the point that there are demonstrations and organizations and occasional riots over it, all over Europe, constantly, yet that same fervour is strangely missing when it comes to the much more horrible abuses of the many, many more yazidis and assyrians and other minorities being genocided by Daesh? Or the "pure" black subsaharans being treated like subhumans by eastern african arabs, don't hear much about that constant, simmering ethnic conflict either.  Well, it's like that. I have no tribal, cultural, or other attachment to the refugees, and don't see why Europe should be their first options as a supposed refuge from war. If that is the intention, there are literally dozens of countries on the way where there is no war. Obviously that is not their primary purpose then, mere refuge from war.

Goes back to what I said pages and pages ago, this is more of an economic power-play to bring in tons of cheap labor to make the EU economy more competitive. The EU realizes they will never be able to compete with the US or China without a large labor force being the backbone of the  EU economy, and who would want these jobs when most EU countries offer free university. The older generation is dying out and this is concerning because there is none to fill that void. They couldn't care less if people are actually fleeing from a warzone or not, this was their perfect opportunity to put laws and regulations on standby to get what they have wanted for years.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #889 on: September 26, 2015, 05:56:41 am »

seriously? they can't have 100 Mbit broadband interwebz in the emergency camps? WTF this is bs , they can't even smoke because they doesn't give them money? wtf bad servis bery bad
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 26, 2015, 07:24:12 am »
+1
Same story in Finland, people returning to Sweden because there's no free tea and not enough restaurants and bars. Truly, these people are desperate.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #891 on: September 26, 2015, 11:12:10 am »
Funny enough, there seems to be an article in today's local newspaper about a similar thing going around.
Didn't read the article, got merely told about it.

The interviewed several Syrian refugees and asked them about their fears and nearly all of them said that they don't understand the Germans for letting so many Syrians, Afghans and all the others in.
They assumed that they get here, get their own flat after a month, get 800€ the first, 1000€ the 2nd month and a work place. Now they are wondering if they still get all that with so many others coming too. :lol:

"Why are you letting all the others in when I am already here? Stop the madness and give me everything first. If there is still something left AFTER I have all my shit... Fine! But wait until then!"
At least that's the impression I get out of what I've been told.

Guess there are different premisses about who is actually coming between Germany and "some" of the refugees? :D

That's why I keep saying that I have a hard time to actually form an opinion about all this. Some many different signals coming from all sides, all day... I can't figure out my own point of view on the whole thing.
I do have opinions on single matters and issues but not a general opinion on the whole matter. Feels weird tbh.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #892 on: September 26, 2015, 01:43:04 pm »
Kek, dont like finland because its cold, wants to go to sweden because its surely a lot hotter here. Unless they get into the very southern sweden, like Malmö, but that city is already 25% immigrants so thats tough. Instead they are getting put in our villages up north near me, which can get really cold.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150923/1027376480/finland-refugees-video.html
Not sure if all of this is actually true^, funny if it is, but it cant be..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #893 on: September 26, 2015, 02:55:53 pm »
Maybe they don't like being in a city where random grenade attacks happen every week, if the off the charts rape statistics aren't enough of a warning. It's ok though, it's only because these noble, peaceful victimized refugees and immigrants are having culture schock, murderous hatred and loathing is perfectly understandable when it is aimed at these disgusting priviledged first world europeans living in these abnormal and violence provoking societies. Violent crime, murder, rape, these statistic are all irrelevant, and the most we can get from them is that racist europeans are making life hard and provoking the victims by their lack of total compassion and understanding. The real problem is europeans don't know how to live in multicultural societies, and must be educated better.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 26, 2015, 03:15:03 pm »
+1
I really get the impression a lot of people here are sheltered. It's all well and nice and progressive to say shit like "I don't have a "race", I don't belong to a "people", I have no sense of tribal attachment to anything beyond a global humanist perspective", and then you go out into the real world and realize that your stupid idealistic bullshit doesn't matter one iota and you WILL be classified and treated based entirely on these supposedly irrelevant traits. Nothing like the total look of confusion on some idealistitic retard's face when they gets the shit beaten out of them and robbed for nothing but their ethnicity or dress when at wrong place at the wrong time. But but I thought my people (who don't exist and are an arbitrary social construct of course) were the racist neochocolate chip cookies beating up "brown" people for their race, and anything they do in return is merely justified anger! Yeah keep telling yourself that. Their anger and hatred of you is nothing, nothing at all, and it will evaporate until only love and harmony remain, even though it's justified and encouraged and coddled by the cultural zeitgeist.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #895 on: September 26, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »
+1
Kek, dont like finland because its cold, wants to go to sweden because its surely a lot hotter here. Unless they get into the very southern sweden, like Malmö, but that city is already 25% immigrants so thats tough. Instead they are getting put in our villages up north near me, which can get really cold.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150923/1027376480/finland-refugees-video.html
Not sure if all of this is actually true^, funny if it is, but it cant be..
I hope  for  stronk winter  8-)
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2059
  • Infamy: 707
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 26, 2015, 03:56:48 pm »
Yet you live in nice Parisian neighborhood. Kettle calling pot black...

I ain't sheltered you prick. When I was in bloody Vienna, felt like I was on another planet where people were trained to behave like cattle. People were so calm and minded their own business, even those "brown" ones. Not a single raised voice. Aggression nowhere to be seen. They probably have no clue what crime is.

During last week five kids were shot some hundred meters from place I live. On the same spot, without working street lights (probably another thing never happened in Vienna for longer than an hour). They stab each other regularly. I'm used to crime and aggressive human behavior. These migrants are strange people, because I've expected them to be more aggressive. They are nothing compared to Serbians. Hell if there wasn't constant threat of another NATO bombing, people in here would probably riot and beat the shit of them migrants for no good reason. But they have to play nice...

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 26, 2015, 04:16:59 pm »
+1
Yet you live in nice Parisian neighborhood. Kettle calling pot black...

I ain't sheltered you prick. When I was in bloody Vienna, felt like I was on another planet where people were trained to behave like cattle. People were so calm and minded their own business, even those "brown" ones. Not a single raised voice. Aggression nowhere to be seen. They probably have no clue what crime is.

During last week five kids were shot some hundred meters from place I live. On the same spot, without working street lights (probably another thing never happened in Vienna for longer than an hour). They stab each other regularly. I'm used to crime and aggressive human behavior. These migrants are strange people, because I've expected them to be more aggressive. They are nothing compared to Serbians. Hell if there wasn't constant threat of another NATO bombing, people in here would probably riot and beat the shit of them migrants for no good reason. But they have to play nice...

Yes, and I've been here all my life right, never traveled anywhere else, haven't been all over the fucking globe, nope just lived in this one parisian neighborhood and know nothing else. Even if I had never moved further away than a few dozen km's the rant would be just as applicable. There are no groups of french neochocolate chip cookie "youths" wandering the neighborhoods at night violently attacking at the first sign of "provocation". French "youths" aren't the ones raping and beating the shit out of "foreign" women on a constant basis. French "youths" aren't the ones stocking up on AK47's for robberies and turf drug wars and commiting mass murders because someone dared insult ideas they consider sanctified and untouchable. Neither are the vietnamese "youths", or the "chinese" youths, or the etc, etc. or literally any other identifiable migrant minority. It's almost entirely moroccan and algerians, every single fucking time. It's not racial, it's entirely cultural, and their culture is antogonistic to ours for a variety of reasons, the recent history of european colonization not the least, and this antagonism is handwaved away as irrelevant and not important despite the clear consequences of it.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #898 on: September 26, 2015, 04:43:19 pm »
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 26, 2015, 04:58:06 pm »
+2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvks2p_racaille-feminine-insulte-la-police-et-la-france_news

14 year old girls going on a raciste diatribe after being arrested, I'm sure just because they are poor victims of french racism. Gee, I wonder where they might have gotten it from. Absolutely not a cultural thing at all I'm sure, not being taught by their families and parents. Tell me again, who is hateful here? Who is the racist? Where is the violence coming from? Can you imagine if the inverse happened, a 14 year old french girl going on a racist diatribe against maghrebins?
Poor naif woman police officer is shocked, the man just doesn't give a fuck, he hears this shit day in and day out.