Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 79978 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 215
  • Infamy: 2804
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2015, 03:57:21 pm »
Dunno why Danes and Swedes are having this discussion when it is obvious that Swedes will take refugees in, while Danes won't. Why are they even discussing it?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »
I really, really shouldn't post in this thread but here goes.

First of all, I can comment on how absurdly ignorant the general Polish reaction is to this whole thing. We are talking a country getting billions in support from the EU, with a long history of fleeing from war and conflict themselves, as a people, perhaps defining what immigrating to seek a better life is, in stead of building their own nation.

Imo the reason Poles react as they do is two sided. First of all a massive catholic/christian influence on society, (better than muslim, but jesus christ, still unbelievably retarded for a modern nation in europe.) The other side is more psychological. Poland is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries on the planet (been "cleaned out" many times.) and many poles have finally found something in their own country that they can be "proud of". Something in Poland that is better than scandinavia/west europe...  :rolleyes:  I'm of the opinion that yes, Poland need to look more positively on itself, to truly believe it can and will be a great country, as it desperately needs it. (And I think it can, will and is getting there!) Anyway, the attitude towards immigrants is backwards and extremely hypocritical, as long as poles go to my country, Norway work without paying taxes, or just get child support and benefits, basically abusing our naive, trust dependent system..

Separate comment to Grytviken who puzzled me.. Couldn't place him, Norwegian nick, but opinions near unheard of in Norway, then I realize he's some right wing american with Norwegian roots. I can say if anything, US should take refugees. No country on earth is able to assimilate and integrate people from all over like the US, besides, ISIS and the war in Syria is a consequence of American wars and policy. (And of course, we should pressure the Saudis to take more.)

Before I get to what should be done, I would just mention that I don't think Syrian refugees are the worst in the bunch. Syria was a relatively well functioning country before the war, with very high literacy and a functioning school system that everyone attended.  They are not Pakistanis or Somalis so to speak.

Now, what can be done?

The war in Syria has to end, as it should never been allowed to grow and keep going like it has. If US and Russia can for once agree, they can pressure Turkey and the middle east (Saudis, Quatar) into not supporting the war like they do. EU/US may have to sacrifice/leave the Ukraine to make this happen. But it's anyway little they can do there. Russia has a knife in Ukraines back and they can twist it like they want anyway.

Much more alarming is ISIS/militant islam with not only Syria/Iraq, but a whole row of unstable countries from Syria to Morocco, who knows, even parts of Africa, and east to Pakistan and the other Stans. ISIS must be crushed. It's not a game anymore, like Turkey, Russia, US and the Arabs have treated it.

Now about the Refugees.. I really don't know. On one hand, perhaps it's best if Europe seals its borders. Perhaps fewer will risk their lives trying to get here? But how do you even close (roughly 8000km ) of border? On the other hand, maybe there should be made different forms of Asylum that to a large degree ensures return? In any case, this crisis will either break up the EU, or force in an even higher unity.

In the end though, curing symptoms will not help. The most effective cure is to create a stable Syria, ASAP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 20, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »
First of all, I can comment on how absurdly ignorant the general Polish reaction is to this whole thing. We are talking a country getting billions in support from the EU, with a long history of fleeing from war and conflict themselves, as a people, perhaps defining what immigrating to seek a better life is, in stead of building their own nation.

Imo the reason Poles react as they do is two sided. First of all a massive catholic/christian influence on society, (better than muslim, but jesus christ, still unbelievably retarded for a modern nation in europe.) The other side is more psychological. Poland is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries on the planet (been "cleaned out" many times.) and many poles have finally found something in their own country that they can be "proud of". Something in Poland that is better than scandinavia/west europe...  :rolleyes:  I'm of the opinion that yes, Poland need to look more positively on itself, to truly believe it can and will be a great country, as it desperately needs it. (And I think it can, will and is getting there!) Anyway, the attitude towards immigrants is backwards and extremely hypocritical, as long as poles go to my country, Norway work without paying taxes, or just get child support and benefits, basically abusing our naive, trust dependent system..

I do agree with the conclusion, but reasons you stated (catholic influence and being proud of ethnic homogeneity) are - in my opinion - untrue. And pretty silly.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 20, 2015, 04:22:38 pm »
+3
Most of the refugees aren't even coming from Syria.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 20, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »

Christian Larsson 7 hours ago
Notice the male Danes are more masculine.....

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 20, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »
That actually is a Tovi-quality statement. Good job!

I think it's sig-worthy to be honest.

You don't think like me, you're a racist and a chocolate chip cookie! Those insults are losing any sort of meaning, as the danish/swedish debate demonstrates. Ideological differences? chocolate chip cookie racist. Don't agree wholeheartedly? chocolate chip cookie racist. Don't want to accept that multiculti fantasy ideology is always beneficial and good and in no way ever a detriment? chocolate chip cookie racist. Bring up statistics, truths and facts that completely discredit MUH FEELS arguements? chocolate chip cookie racist. It's been watered down to the point that not being a starry eyed, naive, self-loathing ethnomasochist with universalist tendencies = chocolate chip cookie racist. Again, if you're european at least.

Every other culture and country on the globe not participating in this social experiment (i.e all of them), well, they're completely irrelevant of course. I'm sure they will be just SO impressed with the West's cultural suicide that they will spontaneously decide to also willingly dismantle their own systems of collective tribal identities such as religion, ethnicity and culture, in favour of the hypothetical eurasiafrican melting pot that is supposedly coming. They'd be stupid not to, multiculturalism is always good and the wave of the future.

Idiots that keep harping on the chocolate chip cookie racist string at the smallest sign of disagreement are doing a disservice to their own cause, but I think their cause is shit and retarded anyways, so keep on keeping on. Keep trying to shame people for basic collective human behaviour that has been the norm for all of human existence and still is in every collective not trying to literally erase itself, keep equivocating even the smallest inkling of collective identity to a genocidal racist compulsion, keep on painting western countries as the source of all the ills of the world, which we must atone for by sacrificing our history and identity, our land and our wealth and our people, which we don't deserve anyways and have only because our ancestors were so evil and oppressive and literally einsteins. After all, you get the tingly warm feeling from being self-righteous, and that's all that matters.

Seriously though, who are you even talking about? I haven't seen any sign of Smoothrich or Shik in here for a long time. Do you believe people who think like that hold much political power especially, you know, outside of SoCal?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:46:31 pm by Kafein »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #726 on: September 20, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »
In other words: if you don't think like me, you're an idiot!

lol It's not about thinking like me, but to see the threats and their consequences.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 20, 2015, 04:37:42 pm »
+2

For fuck's sake, every time someone replies to this post I watch a few more minutes of it, and it gets worse every time. This time I watched around the 30 minutes mark and the Swede was making literal "omg u chocolate chip cookie u would have said that about the jews" comparisons. Christ.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2015, 04:48:56 pm »
For those of you saying the US should take refugees, Im fairly certain we do take quite a bit, just not in large quantities. Dont forget about the Caribbean where the people have lived in shacks since they broke free of Europe. Also just because we were able to integrate people in the past doesnt mean we will in the future. Its different for a bunch of different sects of catholic and where everyone is white, than it is for arab muslims to integrate with americans. I dont know how much you know of American history, but there were  much hatred against the Irish and Poles and other slavic peoples. As I said before "Americans" before WWII were basically French, German, or GB immigrants. not like it is today were everyone who is "cool" is accepted, at least among young people.
My boss was a naval officer and they were doing "refugee" rescues in the Caribbean. He said that the majority of them were just trying to take food by whatever means neccesary. One man starting raping a woman on the flight deck, another guy was throwing shit at the armed guards until they sprayed him with a fire hose. A woman threatened to throw her baby off the boat if she didnt get more food. Whenever I hear about any type of refugees I just remember this and no matter what gender or family situation they have the majority of them will be absolute savages because they will do anything to live.
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 20, 2015, 04:51:06 pm »
For fuck's sake, every time someone replies to this post I watch a few more minutes of it, and it gets worse every time. This time I watched around the 30 minutes mark and the Swede was making literal "omg u chocolate chip cookie u would have said that about the jews" comparisons. Christ.

I watched it too, that guy Henrik Arnstad is a total douche, then I googled some pictures of him and i found this pic among the first ones:
(click to show/hide)

It seems accurate.

" A:Drink everytime Arnstad says racism! :)        B: Thats a highway to liver faliure. "
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:55:30 pm by Lars »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 20, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
+2
Dunno why Danes and Swedes are having this discussion when it is obvious that Swedes will take refugees in, while Danes won't. Why are they even discussing it?

Because Swedes are supershocked that their Scandinavian brother is so heartless that they will not let absolutely everybody in from everywhere. I assume this is why Sweden does this to itself. To create a moral high-ground from where they have the right to call everybody else fascists. Who knew...

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #731 on: September 20, 2015, 05:27:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Yeah I always found quite rich for a polish to criticize immigration. My city was historically protestant and welcoming refugee but after many waves of italians, we became more catholic and the right-wing anti-immigration (mostly anti-french) party is filled at 80% percent by swiss of italian's origin. So i do believe catholicism is part of the deal.

It's always funny to see switzerland's votation about how we should treat foreigners because it's always the part of the country with smth like 0,8% foreigners that are extremely afraid of them and don't want them and parts where foreigners make up for 45% of the population have no problem with them.

But a major difference between Switzerland and Germany is that our foreigners are well integrated, even tho we have lots of serbs,bosniak, kosovar, I never saw any of them insult another. Something like the clash between kurds and turks inside germany  is not even thinkable here.

For those of you saying the US should take refugees, Im fairly certain we do take quite a bit, just not in large quantities.
They took 1200 since the start of the conflict, that is to say they took none.

I watched your video xant (not sure it was you who posted it), and I was very sursprised, that must be one of the best solution to the migrant crisis (the title has nothing to do with the content tho)

"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2015, 05:50:15 pm »

They took 1200 since the start of the conflict, that is to say they took none.

Instead of middle easterners and Africans coming to their country like Yurop, they got Mexicans. Maybe Europe wanna switch. Lets Spread dat Catholicism around pls.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 2870
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »
But a major difference between Switzerland and Germany is that our foreigners are well integrated, even tho we have lots of serbs,bosniak, kosovar, I never saw any of them insult another.

Average salary between 4000 and 5000 euros, why would people insult each other when they can live happy lives and drive their Ferraris through the Alps? Switzerland is my biggest mystery. It is easy to say why countries like Norway or Arabic Kingdoms have so much money, they have low population and shitload of oil. But Switzerland isn't like that, it is actual proper country that has working economy which isn't based on selling natural resources. You people seem very smart, on same level with Jews (what they created in that desert is truly worthy of admiration).

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »
Its the Nazi gold :lol: