Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91756 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #690 on: September 19, 2015, 11:15:35 pm »
+1

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #691 on: September 19, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »
This is a pretty interesting read, NATO on NATO-Russia relations:

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_111767.htm

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_50090.htm?

Putin knows it's all bullshit too he's not dumb, he's been in office for so long that there would be no point in changing his rhetoric, it's good publicity in Russia to be anti-NATO and it helps keep him in office.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:12 am »
These days half of my compatritos are in a totally retarded rage mode against refugees. Refugees which noone have seen, because they're not here and don't even want to come here  :wink: Is it fear of the unknown? I don't know. And to think that through almost entire our history, since XIII century till 1945, POland was a multicultural country.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #693 on: September 20, 2015, 03:40:49 am »
Poland wasn't even a country through large chunks of that. I guess being ruled over by germans and russians and being treated like second class citizens at best is kind of "multicultural" though. Funny how one of the reasons usually given for how fucked up large chunks of the middle east and africa are is the drawing of arbitrary borders by european colonial powers so that ethnicity and religion and culture weren't taken into account. And the Balkans area becoming a byword for pointless ethnic conflict due to the same legacy of fractured, divised people from Ottoman occupation. Apparently cultural cohesion went from something beneficial to a country to being literally einstein in the last few decades, at least if your country is european.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #694 on: September 20, 2015, 04:05:45 am »
+4
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

About the news outlets in Germany... I am rather satisfied with them. There is a general 'pro' undertone in the news but if you mix your outlets up by watching a news show, a report and the local newspaper in the morning, I feel informed.
None of the videos posted here have surprised me, most snippets showed up one way or the other on TV...

If I were a 'contra' person, I'd probably call them biased and bought too. Guess it depends if the narrative undertone fits your own bias or not.
That's why I actually laughed about Materia's "heute.de" link. It actually mentions the 'contra' protesters, it quotes local politicians, it quotes state politicians, it mentions 'pro' protesters... lots of angles mentioned and not in a judgemental tone. Looks okay to me.

General pro "undertone". What an understatement. It is emotional manipulation and blackmail on an industrial scale. It could easily be done for the "other" side, and often is, just not on the mainstream. It's practically religious, this clutching at martyrs and symbols of victimhood. Of course you will see footage of a drowned refugee child on the national news, not so much pictures of the women gangraped and killed by refugees. A hungarian reporter tripping a refugee holding a child is a matter for much discussion and headshaking and soulsearching about how europe is totally like violently racist you guys, but no mentions of the constant violence and vandalism of the refugees towards the natives that goes far beyond a simple leg trip, in numbers and scope. I'm sure the snippets that showed up one way "or the other" (lololol) were set in proper "context", i.e pushing the correct narrative.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2015, 07:20:45 am »
+3
Yeah, it's hilarious. A reporter trips a refugee... huge news. Refugees raping and assaulting people? Nah, who cares.

And it'll get a lot worse when they get given a place to live and have some time to settle in: that's when the rapes and assaults are going to really start.

I don't really care myself though, if anything I think it's good. Hopefully things will get so bad that Europe finally gets over the feminized pussification of the last twenty years.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #696 on: September 20, 2015, 07:52:19 am »
General pro "undertone". What an understatement. It is emotional manipulation and blackmail on an industrial scale. It could easily be done for the "other" side, and often is, just not on the mainstream. It's practically religious, this clutching at martyrs and symbols of victimhood. Of course you will see footage of a drowned refugee child on the national news, not so much pictures of the women gangraped and killed by refugees. A hungarian reporter tripping a refugee holding a child is a matter for much discussion and headshaking and soulsearching about how europe is totally like violently racist you guys, but no mentions of the constant violence and vandalism of the refugees towards the natives that goes far beyond a simple leg trip, in numbers and scope. I'm sure the snippets that showed up one way "or the other" (lololol) were set in proper "context", i.e pushing the correct narrative.

http://www.fielding.edu/programs/psychology/msc

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 20, 2015, 08:58:13 am »
Wasnt there a story about the "Calais jungle" refugee camp. Apparently when the major of the town decided to spend more money in helping the refugees and improved the camps livingcondition, afgani gangs moved in, started taxing the fuck out of the inhabitants and when the major visited it again some cunt told him that the camp is theirs now and he should leave. Not to mention theres massive ethnic tension between the inhabitants themselves.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 20, 2015, 09:29:05 am »
+5
lol, Molly again.
German media is fanatically pro-refugee, with no little exception. Even the commenting function on all big media sites is always disabled on reports relating to the refugee topic, while it's enabled for most other reports. Criticism gets nipped in the bud before it's even possible to express it.
You don't want mass immigration of mostly uneducated, agressive and dumb young males ? Sure, you must be a racist and fascist ... it's always the same. Boring actually. Makes me not even smirk anymore.
There can't be negative coverage about the topic because all the big media are heavily censored and phased. They all only broadcast what the people in power want, and that is pro-refugee for now. It would be the same with any other topic, but for now it's this.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:50 am »
+5
From time to time i read several regional and national online newspapers .
One of  news-websites I use to read to have some infos about what is happening in the rest of the country and the world  went full retard on the refugees topic, two days ago they published an article with this picture on top
(click to show/hide)

Well the picture is the classic "book-heart" like, as we say here, to create an emotional connection with the readers, but let's skip the picture, the title was retarded ( the day after they edited it) "Baby refugee crawling in front of the police in anti-riot formation" Which kind of headline is that? wtf

The article started (they edited it the next day and removed some pieces, the following bits i transated are still in the article but they moved them to the  bottom) :

"Little pajama with dummies/puppets on it, bib and uncombed/ruffled curly hair: the small one crawls, looking around , then she sits. She is not at the kindergarten or in a park, not even in her room, but on the Instambul-Edirne highway, in front of a police cordon.
A baby Syrian refugee, not even one year old who waits, even her, to cross the border  between Turkey and Greece, while the militaries are in formation behind the anti-riot shields, observing her with curiosity (  you are not behind a shield, you are the shield, can you stay behind yourself? Of course not. source: i was a shielder in a previous life, but i was trained in using any weapon, so at the occurence i could switch)

By looking at the small earrings you can clearly understand that the baby is a female, she has socks on her feet because she doesn't need shoes yet, too young to walk. She's much younger than the unlucky Aylan, who drowned near the beach of Bodrum, but the loneliness is the same, her position isn't much different either, but the baby Syrian has her head up and she can look forward."

People comments were like: "wtf? is that an article?Wtf is that journalism" 

The article went on with other emotional  bullshit, but as i said the day after they removed some pieces and changed the title.

Edit: the headline now is "Migrants: baby refugee cralwing in front of the police in anti-riot gear" Lmao

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:43:19 pm by Lars »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:31 am »
+4
Finnish newspapers have had some columns by the journos, and they've all been super pro-"refugee." Sometimes attempting to very sneakily get people to be "open-minded and welcoming" to "new things" and "people in need of help."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #701 on: September 20, 2015, 11:08:56 am »
Didn't know you're reading and watching German news. Very impressive...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2015, 11:18:20 am »
All I can say is that this whole thing came just in time to save the ass of our cock-sucking Viktor Orban here, damnit.

People dig these populist moves, the fences that do nothing, etc, and they can use it to hide more important issues that caused his party a serious drop in popularity.. well not anymore I guess

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 20, 2015, 11:33:39 am »
Yeah, same here. We just had some massive scandal related to some longlasting bribeissue with our largest port, where a lot of political bigshots were involved, but somehow the entire pulbic appears to be distracted by the immigration issue. We took in like only 50 and let them live in some tiny village appartment. Some people already attempted to set that appartment on fire. Blacks that lived here before the immigration crysis said that the public has switched from friendly curiousity to straight up hate in a very short period of time.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2015, 11:35:01 am »
These days half of my compatritos are in a totally retarded rage mode against refugees. Refugees which noone have seen, because they're not here and don't even want to come here  :wink: Is it fear of the unknown? I don't know. And to think that through almost entire our history, since XIII century till 1945, POland was a multicultural country.
I know imigrants from Ukraine and african students, no one behave and act like those invaders.

Nawet nie będę wklejał linków i filmików, pełno tego jest po sieci. Jeśli tego nie widzisz i nie rozumiesz jakie to może mieć [albo już ma w niektórych krajach] konsekwencje jesteś głupcem.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.