Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 97884 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2016, 04:37:55 am »
Bloodborne seemed good when I played it but the double framing issue, meant that 30 FPS looked like worse than 15 FPS and gave me a serious headache just from playing 2 hours.

So yeah don't see how anyone other than a consolepeasant who can only see 10 FPS could give it more than 3/10 (unless that issue has been fixed. which I doubt knowing From).

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2016, 11:15:01 am »
What was difficult about the archers in Anor Londo, again?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2016, 12:02:20 pm »

They stun and push you with incredibly long range high damage projectiles
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:35 pm »
if hardest part for you were anor londo archers you must be doing something wrong
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2016, 01:20:34 pm »
+1
DS1 is better because speedrun strats? What. You actually do this? It's true I didn't do many characters in Dark Souls. Essentially, it's better because the way all the areas are setup makes sense and the whole main world is tightly inter-connected which is super cool.

As for combat, movesets etc. Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls methinks. That's what most people who played both are saying, and I would tend to agree. Of course, there aren't that many weapons in Bloodborne (still quite a few though).

Eh? Nothing to do with speed runs. It's about being able to get some good gear from the get go and not being limited on where you can go. In DS2 nothing was connected and you had to unlock areas with a frikkin branch.

In DS1 from the start of the firelink shrine you could go do a run to get the zweihander and great scythe in the catacombs. Grass crest shield in darkroot basin (one of the most useful early game items). Fire keeper soul in new londo. You can also get down into Blighttown and grab a bunch of items there, including another firekeeper soul. You don't have that opportunity in DS2.

They stand on the end of a thin walkway, both can shoot you at the same time, quite often causing you to fall off because of the knock back. Early on before you gain any real levels they are tough to kill and because of the narrow platform rolling around them is near enough out of the question. Easiest way to beat them is to force them just to fall off. But closing them down first is the main challenge as you are spammed by arrows from 2 directions.

Mind you my biggest hate in that area are the bloody steel pigs. The amount of times I've died to those things trying to get into the dukes archives is ridiculous. And Ornstein and Smough are still the hardest boss in the game in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:25:18 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2016, 04:07:43 pm »
think the most difficult for me was manus

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »
Manus isn't too bad. But then I fought him as a massive tank with Artorias shield late in the game so could literally just suck up the damage all day.

My other play through against him was with 2 other guys so with 3 people was easy.

I find Ornstein and Smough harder because they are much earlier in the game before I have anything OP usually.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »
if hardest part for you were anor londo archers you must be doing something wrong

No, my hardest part was crossing that damn Blight town where each step could be your last.

Also the poison spitting dudes where annoying as fuck.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2016, 05:03:48 pm »
i never used pots in dark souls, and only play solo vs bosses. I didn't use that ezmode item that blocks dark magic either but i had to dodge all of his aids spells shields are for fegs too

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »
I always play through Souls games as a 2hander without shield when I first play them. I usually only use shields in pvp for parrying. Blocking is for scrubs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2016, 08:02:07 pm »
+2
i never used pots in dark souls, and only play solo vs bosses. I didn't use that ezmode item that blocks dark magic either but i had to dodge all of his aids spells shields are for fegs too

beating content with magic, ranged, shield or with other players = basically cheating

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2016, 08:23:42 pm »
Specially using that demon long spear + shield combo.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »
Bloodborne seemed good when I played it but the double framing issue, meant that 30 FPS looked like worse than 15 FPS and gave me a serious headache just from playing 2 hours.

So yeah don't see how anyone other than a consolepeasant who can only see 10 FPS could give it more than 3/10 (unless that issue has been fixed. which I doubt knowing From).

I have no *big* issue to report on that front, they probably fixed it. Frames will dip very clearly sub-30 in some areas but it's nothing compared to Blighttown. No headaches or anything like that. And I think I would be able to tell, I can feel the difference between 120Hz and 144Hz on my PC monitor while playing.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »
+1
Got spammed on steam that dark souls 3 is confirmed 60 fps now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2016, 10:51:02 pm »
Got spammed on steam that dark souls 3 is confirmed 60 fps now.

Source?
Would make sense.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.